“Average location in surburban area”

Comfort Inn Conyers
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here to attend a funeral for a family member. We checked other properties, but there was something going on in the area, and the three other properties we checked were sold out. Went with this location as we've had success with Comfort Inn locations in the past. Location was good for where we needed to be, but the property is dated. The front desk agent who checked us in was not friendly and really didn't acknowledge us. After being on the road for 8 hours, that definitely wasn't the greeting you want to experienced.. With 20 family members staying there, we were certainly giving great business. The breakfast was average and didn't offer a lot of variety. It was the same options every day. The plus was when I called the hotel they did offer my family the military/government rate because we were attending the funeral of my uncle.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KDorsey1

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is an older property that has had an outer Atlanta suburb grow around it. A very convenient location off I-20 that is close to the I-285 interchange. This is a smoker-friendly hotel, so if this bothers you, I would suggest you book elsewhere. Each time we rolled up to the entrance, smokers puffed away on a bench in the driveway entrance.
Our first impression was poor as the Friday-night front desk clerk was very rude. She seemed quite irritated with all the people coming into the hotel around 6:00pm. Our party had approximately 20 family members staying there over two days. Fortunately another staff member came to the front. She was very helpful and the morning and weekend staff were a definite improvement.
The rooms were clean and easy to maneuver. The closet is too small in the double/double. The bathroom is large, but the remodel is odd. The showers are roomy, but the step in is much too high if you have knee or balance problems. The floors are a shiny new marble and very slippery when wet. The sink/vanity area could use an update. The beds were quite comfortable and the linens soft and snuggly. Plus, the pillows actually support your head and neck – definitely a plus in my book.
There is a free breakfast. Not a lot of selection, but the coffee was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mrs K
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was my first stay at Comfort Inn in Conyers and while the hotel was fine, I wasn't happy with my surprise added fee. I had booked a single queen handicapped room. When I arrived the young man at the desk told me it was on the second floor and asked it that was alright. I said, "Yes." He then asked if I'd prefer one on the first floor and I told him that it didn't matter, but one on the first floor was fine. Imagine my surprise when I checked out the next morning and discovered the move added $7.00 to my bill. Now, $7.00 won't break me, but I wasn't happy with the bait and switch move.
The breakfast area was clean and well-stocked, but rather limited. Waffles, cereal, instant oatmeal, but no eggs.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tom Y, Owner at Comfort Inn Conyers, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

We apologize for the issues you experience during your stay. The front desk clerk should have definitely been clear about any added fees to your bill and we are very sorry for the negligence. We typically serve eggs during breakfast but we might have run short on that item that day, and it is unfortunate that it wasn't a fully-stocked breakfast during your stay. If you choose to stay with us again in the future, we hope to correct these issues and leave you with a better impression.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had planned to travel further, but my wife wanted us to stop. We had a discount coupon book that included one for this hotel, so I was easily persuaded to stop. The hotel was right off I-20 and easy to find. Check-in went smoothly and we found the hotel to be cozy. The room was clean and nice. There seem to have been some upgrades. Staff was friendly and helpful. The experience was good enough that I stayed there again about a month later while passing through Conyers. Additionally, the breakfast had good variety.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marc36401

Happy to hear you had good experiences with us and hope to continue serving you in the future!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Conyers, Georgia, just east of Atlanta on I-20, once a year for about the last ten years. It is a very clean hotel with great customer service from the front desk and the employees who service the breakfast area. The breakfast items are fresh with all the amenities to serve a good brealfast. The rooms are a nice size with newly renovated bathrooms. Each room has a new nice size flat screen television. The bed was comfortable, and I wasa able to regulate the temperature in the room to my preference.

The area around the hotel has several well known restaurants that I have dined at each year, plus other shopping less than a mile or two from the hotel.

If the hotel was not a property that I did not like each year, I would not book my stays at the Comfort Inn in Conyers Georgia. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We are so happy to hear about your wonderful experiences with us. Looking forward to the next time.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Room was excellent and comfortable , it was a convenient location for us. We would stay here again. The price was very good,i will recommend it to friends. We were so tired we might have been happy with anything, not really.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Martha P
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is just olds and needs some renovations. The sinks are actually in the sleeping quarters with you next to bedding, and toilet and tub was in another section. Elevator jumps hard when opening , it scares you if you are on there alone . I read about from another review but I actually witness it myself. I would stay again for a night. No microwave or refrigerator either. Good thing I stopped for a meal before getting there. Hotel is in a good location right off interstate 20.

• Stayed: January 2013

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our hotel is finishing up a major renovation, so it now updated and more modern. A few rooms do have the joined sink and sleeping area, but there are rooms where the bathroom area is separated. If you found this to be an issue, we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future and we'll be happy to provide you with a room that has a separated bathroom. We also have rooms with both fridges and microwaves upon request, and if you would like these in your room as well, we'll be happy to provide you with those, too! We hope to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Conyers
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Conyers
Quality Inn
#7 of 15 in Conyers
Courtyard Atlanta Conyers
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta East-Lithonia

Been to Comfort Inn Conyers? Share your experiences!