“Bed OK, That is it!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Conyers Atlanta Area
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My first and last stay at this establishment! Bed was at the best sleepable. Couch was terrible! When I sat on it I went down into the frame work to the point the cushion was below the front edge of the couch frame. Bathroom tile grout was black. Not sure it that was by design or moldy. Breakfast was the worst I have ever experienced! Watered down orange juice, bagels or cerial were your choices, coffee was south of OK. Worst part of my stay was the desk clerk would not connect my wife ti my room when she called the hotel. Kids running the halls and being loud - where were the parents? Do not recommend anyone staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Wife and I have stayed at this Microtel several times over a period of perhaps eight or so years. Just east of Atlanta, Conyers makes a good jumping off spot if you've landed at Atlanta and are headed off next day to the Coast or other eastward points. Conyers has lots of motels, this Microtel being probably the cheapest one acceptable.

Unfortunately, "barely acceptable" seems increasingly true. We continue to find it basically clean and comfortable but a newcomer might well baulk at some negatives: stained upholstery, well past the stage where it should have been replaced; bathroom fan not working; a lobby computer that has been out of order now on two visits; vending machine also out of order; and, as other Tripadvisors have noted, a dreary breakfast. Some desk staff are helpful and friendly, others couldn't care less.

Overall, one gets the impression that this Microtel needs a firm directing hand before it deteriorates further.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Torontotraveller2
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I did not expect luxury in a 55.00 a night room that took pets.Our movers had all our furniture out of the house 3 days before we were to take possession of our home in Florida and this was the only convenient hotel that took pets. After 40 minutes of our dogs stressing out, probably over the stench, my husband took the dogs, returned to an empty house and slept on the floor. I stayed only one night and it was beyond disgusting.The pull out sofa was so bad, when I sat on it, there was zero support and I had to pull myself out of the hole. The cushions on everything were stained ...just fitlhy. They obviously put all the smokers on the same floor as pets. The room smelled so bad and even turning on the AC did no help....it actually made the stench worse! After a fitful night sleep , I went to shower only to realize it was a "trick" shower and went to call the front desk to find out how to use the shower, but the in room phone was dead, so I used my cell to call.After figuring out the shower, the toilet would not flush unless you used every ounce of strength to push down on the handle.It was like competing in an Olympic event just to complete a mundane task in this hell hole. The floors has crushed food and cigarette ashes that were not vacuumed up. There were ants on the counter and in the sink. The continental breakfast was another nightmare.Ants were crawling all over the food area. I took a bagel that was wrapped and 2 small jely packs to the room. When I opened the jelly, it was the consistency of a gummy bear and soon the be a lollipop and the bagel had green mold on it !!! I packed up my stuff and checked out 2 days early. The young lady who was the day manager informed me she would have to charge me for one more of the days as I did not give 24 hours notice.. However, upon hearing of all my complaints she refunded me the proper amount. Honestly, this place is a HazMat zone and probably used as long term housing for all the entitlement thugs in this town. A true disgrace that a business can't keep the place clean...clean is easy. Don't do it.....I re checked into the Holiday Inn Express and it seemed like the 4 Seasons after this fiasco !

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I choose Suites for a reason. There were no dishes, utensils, or even a coffee pot. Booked room for four people, had to hunt down linen and pillows. Went to lobby to get coffee, they were out of coffee! That is a first for me. Lackadaisical desk person at night. The continental breakfast area was filthy and never stocked. The maid was awesome though. They should not call this a suite. I've stayed in regular rooms for half the price that had more to offer than this place. Never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2011

we stayed at this hotel for our family vacation.....the cleanliness left something to be desired, but the real problem occurred with the pool....my children's feet became sore after swimming in the pool...the rough surface surrounding the pool is what the management felt was the problem....they claimed my children must have been running....they were not.....by the last day of our stay my children left the pool bleeding from the pads of their feet.....the hotel desk clerk was sweet and gave us bandaids....another guest at the front desk at the same time said her children's feet also bled when swimming in this pool.....we have swam alot of place and this is a first....they decided that in order to PROVE to us that it was somehow our fault they would put their 50 year old maintenance guy in the pool for 15 minutes....since his feet were fine, hence it was our fault....really????......upon returning home called and spoke with management again who said upper management would call me back.....hmmmmmm...it has been weeks and i am still waiting.......WORST HOTEL STAY EVER!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I stay at Microtels anytime we go away, and this particular location was the reason we started to frequent the chain. This last time, however, was a disappointment. Not only was their mysterious stains on the on the bench that is located by the window, but the bed was very lumpy and uncomfortable- I tossed and turned all night, and we both had severe back pain for the entire next day. The air condtioning unit had HUGE dust bunnies in it and by the next morning I felt a tickle in my throat which has maifested into a full blown cold thanks to the contaminated air of the hotel room. ( PS I could not have gotten a cold anywhere else in the middle of the summer, nor had I been exposed to it.) Add in the fact that their was not enough towels, barely any toiletries (thank goodness I brought my own), and the remote control for the TV did not work . Unless you are starving and broke pass on the breakfast- they leave the butter, cream cheese, and milk out (not even on ice) all morning! I may sound like I'm nitpicking, but I use to love this place and never had issues with any of this before. Now, we will never go to this location again. Trust me, pay an extra 15 bucks and go somewhere else if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Dont know about the other rooms but dont stay in room 220
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel. It is a budget hotel, but quite comfortable. They do not readily supply toilitries on the counter and ask about how to turn the shower on when checking in. Took me a few tries to turn it on. I had my own tolitries, so I'm not sure if they even offer them at the front desk. I appreciated the check-in clerk on my first visit much better then my recent stay. Before giving me a rate, she had already checked us in and then gave a rate that was much higher then the web or quote on the phone. She claimed they were booked up from a wedding party and that caused the rate to be higher. Even another senior questioned the rate just as I had. Personally, I did not see a full parking lot when we left in the morning. The rooms are an early sixties style modern look. Beds are comfortable and give one a good nights rest. Each room has a window seat which is kind of neat. However, our cover was soiled and had a rip in it, which I noted to the desk clerk. The TV is mounted on the wall above the closet, which I didn't mind, but my husband found it uncomfortable to watch. Having stayed at other hotels that offer a free breakfast, I would have to say I skipped it on both stays. I'm not a cold breakfast or cereal eating person, so I opted for a McDonalds drive thru vs the breakfast bar on both visits.
I would have to sum it up as, if you want a budget hotel for a night or two this will work fine, but I would confirm the price before they check you in. As for what I was charged this trip, I would opted for another nearby hotel.

As a side note, if you are staying for a few days and you're a person who likes to play Bingo there are three options nearby: VFW, American Legion and Elks lodge 2 exits back.

Room Tip: Make and confirm a reservation before going.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Talesh P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Conyers Atlanta Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the taking the time out of your busy schedule just to give us the positive review on tripadvisor.
please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest exeperience the best it can be.we hope to be of service to you in the future

T.J Patel