“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
McDonough, Georgia
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were on a mini vacation visiting his parents in the area and were pleasantly surprised with our stay. The room we stayed in had an amazing hot tub which was quite relaxing after a fun field day. The staff were genuinely awesome. So easy to talk to and i would definitely stay here again!! Thanks Kimberly and Robert for such and enjoyable stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
robert w, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Kimberly, We appreciate your feedback and for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay, and continue to provide you with the customer service you deserve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rockford
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here last year and enjoyed it. This stay was even better than the first.

The rooms are nicely up dated with large flat screen TV's, nice furniture, and comfortable beds. We did enjoy the indoor pool as well. But what set this visit apart from last year was the breakfast. There was one morning they serviced chicken with gravy, and biscuits. It sounds simple but it was wonderful.

Thanks for all you guys do to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed October 2013
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Country Inn & suites staff appreciated your repeated stay at hotel. Additionally, we are happy to hear your stay was outstanding and you enjoy our indoor pool & spa , hot breakfast- menu -chicken, biscuits and gravy on one day. Your comments made my staff proud of their service. we are looking forward to see you on your next trip.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute, after finding the other nearby hotels were booked. It did not take me long to figure out why this hotel still had rooms available when every other hotel in the area was sold out. It was disgusting. The bedding was badly stained and the mattress was hard as a rock. I slept in my clothes to avoid touching the sheets.

To top it off, they didn't bother to make my wake up call ... luckily I set my cell phone as a backup. There was no one at the desk to even mention this to when I left; probably not surprising, as I noticed a line of people standing at the front desk not looking too happy as I walked out.

My advice? If you need to be in Conyers and this is the only hotel available, skip it and stay in Atlanta and drive. Heck, stay in Alabama & make the drive... you'd be better off.

Room Tip: Seriously... stay somewhere else. Anywhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We appreciated your concern and constructive criticism. I have shared with my staff, to make all necessary improvements for next arriving guests. All our mattress are brand certified -Vendor SERTA. Some guest like soft and some like extra firm. We have picked firm- as brand specified.

Travelers are raving about these Conyers hotels

Grovetown, Georgia
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are incredibly small, accentuated with bland coffee from a four cup pot. The one brightspot of this hotel is the location. For the money stay somewhere else. Be advised, the closest gas stations coffee is only marginally better.

• Stayed September 2013
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Mr. T.Steven, We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better.
Lithia Springs, Georgia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had to stay at this one on business and man was this one an experience! Poor front desk staff, a party that went on on the main level until all hours of the night. I suspect that someone had been on my laptop while I was out of my room, the room had not been refreshed with soap or shampoo or towels while I was at my meeting all day, and the room smelled musty and damp. Horrible customer service and even when I asked to speak to a manager, was told no one was on duty or available. Poor breakfast in the morning...save yourself the trouble and find something better and cleaner with some better attention to detail.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. If you would like to discuss your concern further, please call us directly and ask for Jay Bhavan, GM. at the hotel.
New Brighton, Minnesota
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel was perfect for us as we spent the day in Atlanta and were going to Savannah the next day. Conyers is far enough west of town so we did not have any rush hour traffic to deal with.
It cost only 9000 points for one night. The location had the normal thing I like about Country Inns:
Clean, free breakfast, free cookies-coffee-tea all day. Thesurounding area was not the nicest but we were passing through an didn't matter.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Mr. Larsmatic,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled
to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I discovered sheets that smelled of human feces and had the hotel change the sheets only to smell fresh for a short period of time. After sleeping in the king bed with new sheets the next morning the sheets smelled again of human feces as did my PJ's.I pulled back the sheet and mattress pad to discover a huge yellowish stain that immediately smelled of human feces. I was beyond disgusted and reported to the front desk to have the manager come immediately.Only to be told he was not available and I could be moved to a new room. Don't stay in room 409 for sure!After days of management avoiding me, he finally called to assure me he had bleached out the mattress!!! I was appalled! Seriously? UNACCEPTABLE

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Jay Bhavan, GM