“Not a pleasant experience”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. When checking in the front desk clerk blamed me for de-magnatising my room key that I had only had for 20 seconds on the trip up to our room. Our room was not very clean, there was a contact on the bathroom floor, half used toilet paper rolls, and the comforter was dirty. The breakfast area did not have a great variety of choices and the waffle maker did not work, and did not have an out of order sign on it. The staff that was supposed to be working the breakfast area was at the front desk trying to learn how to be a front desk clerk. Overall, we were very dissatisfied and will definitely not be coming back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

“We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better.”

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff was very nice and allowed us to check in early since we arrived earlier than expected. This allowed us to swim with the kids before we headed off to our evening destination. The pool was fine...kids enjoyed it. I was hoping to relax in the hot tub, but it was about the same temperature as the pool. We left the pool to go get showers and relax a little bit before heading out that evening. The beds were comfortable and felt even better when we returned late that evening. (I don't think I moved all night!)
The only "complaint" I had is that the air took a little long to cool the room down. The one small register is in an odd place that doesn't really allow the air to circulate well. This is obviously a construction issue and can't be helped really, but we were fortunate that we arrived early and it was cool enough by the time we returned to go to bed.
Our room was clean & beds were great, so I would stay here again if we were in the area. I noticed another review commented on the train tracks very close to the hotel. Either there were not any trains or it is very sound proof because we never heard a train.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Leewife5,
Thank you for review and comfortable stay. We participate in energy conservation-Our spa can be heated 100 degree fern height by the switch on the wall. Once turned on, it takes 5 to 7 minutes for water to reach 100 Degree. Exterior walls are concrete block walls and the windows are 4 pane- rated 60 DBA sound proof. AC units are placed in closet for guest comforts. Fresh air is replaced through make up air -controlled temperature and humidification. We are looking forward to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights, the people running the front desk are very customer service oriented, room was clean and kept up - would definitely stay here again.

When I checked in the guy offered to bake up some cookies when I asked if they had any at this hotel (because I didn't see the infamous Country Inn cookie stand in the lobby), it was 12:30AM... :o kudos to him. The only negative is I know they have cookies, but I don't think this location ever puts them out (maybe to save some money), I never found any, not even a stand for it, but that's being really nitpicky here.

Included breakfast was good, had waffles, juice, coffee, cereal, pasteries, toast, muffins, and fruits.

Pool area looked great, never did use it though. Fitness center looked small, but sufficent - I'd say it's equivelant to a well equipped home gym.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments which I have shared with our staff. Our GOAL is to make constant improvements. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed at the hotel 5 nights. Front desk staff was great, and I was upgraded after my first night to a jacuzzi suite because of my Club Carlson silver status. Breakfast was okay and the typical standard for all country inns. The room the first night had a old school tv, and the jacuzzi room had a flat screen. To get 5 stars, they should improve the equipment in the fitness room and spray for ants in the parking lot.

We had a small dog with us, so it was nice that the hotel was pet friendly. Would stay again, and love that its only 9,000 club carlson points per night (had 100,000 points to burn after doing two nights during SOGO promotion).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. we are in the process to replace television to latest in technology. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We booked a night here as a stop off on our way to Charleston. The hotel was great! Very clean and quiet with a super friendly staff. The free breakfast is one of the things that make this hotel chain my preferred place to stay no matter where I travel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

tiaamyjane,

Thank you for providing detail review of the property status and service my staff to you. This review
will help other guest in choosing overnight accommodation in their travel or business trip.

Jay Bhavan, General Manager

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Nice hotel, close to everything in conyers, including shopping centers and and restaurants. This hotel is also close to ATL, short driving distance. Free breakfast, clean rooms and friendly staff. Only thing not a big fan of pet friendly hotels. They had some kind of dog show that weekend.Other than that it is very nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
CountryInnConyers, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear sgtmal,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Glad to hear you enjoyed our free hot breakfast. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to ATL.

Jay

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We were very pleased with our stay at the Country Inn & Suites Conyers. The property was CLEAN inside and out, the pool and hot tub were CLEAN, the staff welcoming, helpful and happy to help us with directions to various places, the breakfast item choices were the best we’ve experienced for a “serve yourself” breakfast, the bed was very comfortable and the room was well-appointed. Pool, spa & gym was keep in excellent condition. We will definitely visit the Conyers again, and we can heartily recommend Country Inn & Suites Conyers to others!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
CountryInnConyers, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Mr. MartinR K

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Glad to hear you enjoyed our free hot breakfast. and our staff service in your need. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to ATL.

Jay