“Terrible. ”

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #62 of 188 Restaurants in Conyers
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We sat at a table immediately, but we waited 20+ minutes for a server to actually acknowledge us. I don't even know how long she took to ever being the drinks. The food took an hour. And it wasn't good. The sliced pork was cut so thick! And it was cut or cooked incorrectly because it was extremely tough. I've needed a steak knife for sliced pork. It was ridiculous. I ordered all-you-can-eat pork. The first plate came so slowly that I ordered a second plate as soon as she brought the first plate. The reorder took 30 minutes.

Avoid this place like the plague.

2  Thank BoCyphers

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Having visited the area several times, this was one place that I wanted to try. I love my BBQ. I was accompanied by a friend for dinner. We were greeted promptly and taken to a table. After a few minutes, I inquired to see if our waiter knew we were there. Several minutes later, we were asked for a drink order and if we had mad up our minds for dinner. We placed our order. About five minutes later we got our drinks (unsweet tea and coke). The food came out quick, but, the pulled pork didn't have any flavor to it. It could have been cooked in a crock pot and had just as much flavor. I haven't seen this, but, the french fries were rubbery (didn't know that you could do that to French Fries). Server was very slow. Asked if we wanted more drinks, but, took about 5 minutes to get refills.

Manager did give a discount for the meal, but, it barely covered the cost of drinks.

This will be a place that I drive by next time.

1  Thank techno-geek59
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went last year when visiting from the uk. The food and staff was great. Whent back again this may and was very disapointed with barely warm food less than average taste and staff that seem to be in a rush to get you out of the door. Meal for 4 after finishing mains the bill was left promptly brought to table with no sign of being asked to look an dessert menu. On arrival was greeted with gents toilets broken and overflowing ( should have left then).

1  Thank Mazmac13
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had wanted to try this place for a long time and just never got around to it. Boy was it a mistake. I had my best friend and his kids join me for dinner here, for a taste of Southern BBQ. Ick. The service was awful. The waitress was nice enough but it ended there. She was awkward and kept looking behind her and around the room while she took our order. My friend and I kept looking across the table at each other as if to say.....OOOOKKKKAAAYYY. It wasn't very busy, but a number of tables seemed to have problems. It took 20+ minutes for my friend to get a draft beer, which we had to ask for 3 times.

I got the rib combo plate because I couldn't decide what I wanted. The North Carolina ribs were meaty, but lacked a great taste. There was some taste but a hot dog would have had more flavor. The baby back ribs had great taste, but were very overcooked. The meat was not tough, just over cooked and holding on to the bone for dear life. The different BBQ sauces at the table were disappointing as well. The onion rings we got for an appetizer were most definitely frozen and tasted it in a freezer burnt way. The corn bread was ok but I have made better out of a Jiffy box, much better in fact. Everyone had Mac and cheese at our table and it was either the bottom of the bowl/pot or was old. Stouffers frozen is SUSPICIOUSLY SIMILAR is all I'm saying.

Additionally, there was a screaming toddler at the table directly across from ours. It was annoying at first until half way into the meal we determined he must have been fed the food at Sonny's too. Clearly he didn't like it either. Not sure if we ate there on an off night, or if every night is like this. I was so disappointed at the food and the service.