“Ho Hum”

Thai Palace and Sushi Bar
Ranked #3 of 186 Restaurants in Conyers
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Craving thai food while traveling. Thai Palace seemed to be well-liked so I sought it out for some carry-out fare. The location is charming, which added to high expectations. I ordered a traditional thai noodle dish which was quickly prepared and reasonably priced. The food itself was just average and a bit on the 'dry' side. It was also mostly noodles and had few of the advertised vegetables to speak of. I requested spicy hot and the spice was done fairly well. Overall, the food is just 'okay'. I doubt I would go out of my way to return, but this general area seems to have dearth of decent dining options.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch of authentic Thai food. The house is amazing and makes the ambiance even more spectacular. Service was fast and efficient. Cloth napkins and tablecloths make this place an excellent choice for a business lunch.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

First, I love the renovated house that has become the restaurant. It's absolutely lovely to eat lunch or dinner there on a mild evening when you can sit outside as well as inside. The food is fresh, appealing, and high quality. Considering the size and look of the location, I'd expected higher prices, but I was pleasantly surprised. The vegetarian sushi (cucumber/avocado) is excellent, and their curries are flavorful and satisfying.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is by far one of my favorite local restaurants. Even if you don't think you like Thai food, come try it and ask the staff to suggest something. The menu is large and has many non spicy and spicy options. The chicken fried rice is my favorite! Great for business meetings or friends meeting to catch up as well. You can easily eat lunch here for well under $10. The porch of this fantastic old house is a wonderful place if the weather is nice. The servers I've had have always been great.

7  Thank bloomingidiot
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Thai Palace is my go-to restaurant when meeting friends south of Atlanta. Most are surprised that there is a Thai restaurant this good in Conyers and the house and rooms are lovely. The food is ALWAYS good. I have had some problems with service. A friend had introduced me to the owner on our visits and he was always friendly, but the last time he was not. He almost seemed angry. If my friend had not driven all the way from Tucker to meet me for dinner, I think we would have left. He had the BBQ ribs and said they were FABULOUS. Everything I've ordered has always been good - basil rolls, chicken satay, masaman curry, pad see u, etc. They will cook requests off the menu - their chicken larb is wonderful. Beautiful location, plenty of parking, excellent food - a very nice combination.