“It is what it is, AVERAGE for low cost extended stay, do not expect more”

Horizon Extended Stay Conyers
and 1 more site!
Horizon Extended Stay Conyers
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Ok boys and girls this is an 'extended stay' low cost motel operation. As such you get all manner of folks doing just that; staying for extended periods of time. This includes people who have no where else to stay for an extended period of time, transient workers (construction, business, sales folks), and off the road travelers. It is not suppose to be top notch, nor is it suppose to be high class. It is a little dated but each room has a refer, a small stove, a small microwave, AC unit, table, chairs, and an older TV. Room service is not daily (this is extended stay remember), and the amenities are sparse (a few towels, soap, no close hangers, no iron board + iron, etc). IF you are in line and ok with all that, then this may be a place you might consider. If you are more upscale, do NOT stay here you will not like it. No in room safe, AC unit was next to the bed and IMHO too close.
OH a major consideration!!! I booked my stay through my airline and was somewhat dismayed that Horizon had no record of my reservation. Did the old call the 1-800 number and they, the booking service that is, not only flat out lied (I was put on hold and subsequently standing three feet away from the hotel manager as she was having a side phone call with the booking service), they tried to squirm out of the situation and shift all the responsibility to me directly. Horizon does not have the big chain reservation system and expect the booking service to send a FAX direct to the motel, which my booking service did not do. SO! If you decide to stay here, make your reservations your self; call them they will give you the same rates or even better.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank bbihler
There are newer reviews for Horizon Extended Stay Conyers

Reviewed March 16, 2013

WTF? I've never stayed in a hotel as bad as the horizon. The school that I was going to paid for the time that I was there but I wish I would've just put my own money In and got the different hotel. The staff are trailer trash scum with attitudes. The Internet is so bad I couldn't watch Netflix for more than five minutes at a time, The room had a stench as if it was flooded at one time, People are constantly outside of my room screaming and yelling as loud as they can at each other and the staff does nothing about it. Cops are constantly arresting individuals For God knows what! The mattresses are terribly stained along with the sheets and the comforter which has holes in it. The heat and AC unit has to either be on or off there is no auto thermostat setting. The laundry room has four washers and four dryers for 300 rooms in this hotel and you can't use the laundry room until after the hotel gets done doing their laundry. In my opinion this place sucks and should be shut down

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank trentster09
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I went to this location as I was traveling interstate to my final location in SC. i went to the window and all the staff who were present including a small older Korean lady who I believed to be the owner, were all clueless as to what they were doing. The owner was so noticably rude to me and her employees, that the employees did not even appear as if they wanted to be there..NOT GOOD. After 20 minutes of trying to checked in, i finally got to my room.... totally disappointed...I was not expecting the Ritz ..but I was surely not hoping to land in the pitts either. The room had a strong distained odor of old cigarette smoke, the carpet was noticably filthy brown..over burgundy carpet..the bathroom was cold and moldy, the bedsheets and pillow cases had light brown stains as is they had not been washed for the week. I was so disgusted by the room I went to get a refund. Again everyone was clueless. I know that this location is supposed to be a transitional and optional long term residential location for struggling folks, but I would never bring my family to that location, not for a long term or for 10 minutes.... I went across the street to the Microtel inn and suites. Paid a little more but a much better location.

Room Tip: Not a good location
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank andy l
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Nice location - security onsite as you can see from below - nice folks - great price - not the Ritz but very nice for the money - Good restaurants nearby -- on your way to Augusta - Near Olympic Horse Park -

Room Tip: Great BBQ all around - also a Country Bar across highway - real country -
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jojoblu
Reviewed August 19, 2011

tried to get a room and the security guard treated me as if i had no education (2college degrees). he told me he had no rooms and i asked him to double check please(i was very respectful and nice to him). he raised his voice asking me why i could not get that thru my thick skull(while pointing to his head).maybe it was because i got out of an escalade and he doing security. idk but the way he talked to me was very belittling and undeserving. all he had to say was mam i am sure that there are no more rooms.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank qctj
Reviewed November 23, 2007

I had a late night in Atlanta and needed a quick night's rest before heading on to Augusta. The hotel is extremely convenient to I-20 and is surrounded by a number of dining choices. The room was very clean, and the hotel is in a safe area. I got exactly what I needed out of my $34.00 room - a good night's rest.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kpgadawg
Reviewed June 23, 2007

This is a really nice hotel and the rooms are exceptionally clean. Almost toooooo clean.....LOL!!!!!!! Also, the staff is really friendly as well. They always say "hi" "how are you doing today" and they are always smiling too. Very nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2007