“Very - Very Good! Just like 5* in Perth, Australia!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. It even had a great smell about it! The quality was beyond expectations and the hotel seemed very new. This is what you would expect in a 5 star hotel in Perth, Australia (minus the room service and restaurant). Price was very reasonable.

The complimentary breakfast also surpassed other motels I have stayed in on my road trip in the States.They included a nice hot dish.

Only issue was a low wireless signal. Could not use my laptop in the bedroom so had to move near to the living room nearer the front door.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2010

Stayed here 2 nights on business in the area. Had a suite which is plenty of space for one person, and couldn't fault it in terms of cleanliness and function. Decor is standard Holiday Inn Express, which is to say: middle-of-the-road, inoffensive and functional. Unlike the previous reviewer, I had no problem with internet speed, and I set the bathroom light to either On or Off, instead of Auto. Finding the switch in the dark was a small challenge, admittedly, but hardly the sort of thing to get worked up about. The only bit of poor design was the way in which the bathroom door, bedroom door, and wardrobe door were all so close to each other, it wasn't possible to access the wardrobe and suitcase storage area, and bathroom without opening and closing doors continually. As I got things in and out of my suitcase and went to and from the rooms, I felt like I was acting out a French farce with the amount of door-opening and closing going on.
Breakfast is standard Holiday Inn Express, and staff kept supplies topped up. Not far from the hotel is the vaguely historical "Olde Town Conyers", which is a refreshing change from the anywhere-in-America chain restaurants and shops along the I-20. I can particularly recommend the "Thai Palace" as an unexpectedly delightful place to eat, featuring a charming setting in a large old house, and well-executed, albeit standard Westernized Thai food for very little money. (Plus sushi which I didn't try.)
The dilemma for the Holiday Inn Group must be to keep the H.I.Express chain from eroding the appeal of the standard Holiday Inn product. After staying here, the following night I stayed at a "full-service" Holiday Inn in Birmingham, Alabama, which offered far less and cost substantially more.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I need the internet. If I don't get my work done, I have to work at home.

The connection was so slow that I eventually gave up and went to the lobby of another major hotel chain to work.

I won't stay here again.

Also, I hate the light sensor in the bathroom. If you sit still for a moment, you are plunged into darkness. Really?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
ATLKU, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

We appreciate your feedback. To address your concerns, we have an updated network and is supported 24/7 by Help Line. We have replaced all the bathroom light sensors with the regular light switches as well. We hope you will give us another chance to make you feel comfortable with our services on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed February 23, 2010

I loved my stay at your hotel it was very clean and nice there was not a thing out of place, I had the pleasure of meeting the sales mgr as well as the houskeeping mngr they both were nice and professional! I must say the upkeep of the hotel was so nice and a suprise! overall I give this hotel a 110 in places to stay in atlanta when i return next month I will stay here even though Iam going to have to travel 25 miles for my meeting! you all be sure to thank the front desk and housekeeping staff and there mngr she loves a guest who is pleased with her service!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2010

The hotel was clean and comfortable. I was there for business and will stay there again on my next trip. The only problem I had was the business center. I needed to use the printer and everytime that i would go down there would be kids on both computers. I would have to get the front desk clerk to say something to them.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MannyMoe
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Nice NEW facility. Consistent, friendly service. Well appointed rooms. Nice breakfast for a hotel of this type. I couldn't find anything about which to complain. At $99, one received more than they bargained for. H.R. Ellis

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2009

My wife, 14 year-old daughter, nine year-old daughter, and I stayed at this hotel while traveling. The rooms were small by American standards - but about the same size one would find in Europe or NYC. We had a suite. The rooms were nicely decorated with modern amenities. Having a separate sitting room was nice so the oldest daughter could stay up later and watch tv while the younger one went to bed. The rooms also had a refrigerator, disposable plates, bowls, and flatware. The breakfast was great too. The hotel also had a small indoor pool. You can tell the hotel was recently renovated because you can still smell fresh paint in the stairwells.

If you are a family with small kids and/or teenagers, I highly recommend this hotel - especially if your son or daughter plays sports and travels as a team. It would be great for grabbing a light breakfast for the kids before games.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family