“New, Clean and has a Great Location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Conyers
Salt Lake City, Utah
“New, Clean and has a Great Location”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you need to stay in Conyers stay here. The hotel is new and clean. The room I stayed in was the perfect size with comfortable sitting are and bed. This location is close to anything you need. From grocery to dinning to shopping. It's all within 5 minutes of the hotel. The workout facility is perfect if you need to take a jog. And the service has been happy and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Georgia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

A sign in the elevator says "Stay Impressed" but I absolutely was not. It was extremely noisy with people talking very loudly in the atrium until midnight. I probably should have called down to the manager but didn't as I doubted it would do any good. Perhaps the hotel needs a curfew for socializing in the atrium beyond ten pm. It is a poorly designed facility with nothing to deaden sound. Also people in the hallyway were talking loudly. Perhaps some hotel ettiquette is needed. The roomitself was fine. The breakfast was okay but the only available table had food spilled on it and beside one of the two chairs, and was still this way when we left thirty minutes later. Two of the coffee pots were empty so we had to asked for more. I was glad we were here only one night.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the fourth floor as far from the atrium as possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Larkette,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our rooms.

However, We’re sorry about the noise during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Georgia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just off I-20, we thought this might be a decent place for a brief overnight stay. The facility itself seems to be decent, and occupancy was high. But the clientele on our particular night was not much in need of sleep. After midnight the noise continued; the open lobby, extending up the full four floors, is in need of some sort of sound deadening, as the noise carried up to our second floor room on into the night. The next door neighbors went in and out six times after midnight, being careful to let the door slam each time. The noise in the hall out front made us feel we had left our room door open. For a sick wife, this was a miserable experience.

A good breakfast comes with the room, although they had run out of coffee stirrers and the staff was unable to keep the tables clean. And there is a no charge "business center" with a couple of computers and printer, although the counters are built so high you might need to stand up to use the keyboard. All in all, just not a well-designed building for comfort.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the lower floors and the lobby, if that is possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlie S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta - Conyers, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Charlie Sierra,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise and the poor breakfast experience during your stay. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. Comfy bed and inviting decor. My only complant would be-in the breakfast room, the staff should use a silent,mini vacuum instead of sweeping around guest while they are eating. Other than that which isn't much, this hotel is a 5!

• Stayed March 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stopped here en route from Texas to South Carolina because we've had luck with Holiday Inn Express in the past. This particular one is even nicer. We got a pretty good rate even though we just walked in and asked for a room. Front desk was very nice and friendly. The room ended up being a junior suite - nice, clean, and spacious. TV in the "living area" and doors allow one person to stay up and the other to go to bed. Microwave, fridge, and coffee maker in the room as well as free breakfast. We'll stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tega Cay, South Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2013

In town on business for three nights while at this hotel. The room was spacious with a refrigerator, microwave and two televisions. I am a Platinum member, so this room could have been an automatic upgrade, not sure. Either way, the room was also new, clean and the beds comfortable.
The staff were friendly and efficient, with the breakfast in morning the typical better than adequate breakfast bar. The location to restaurants and shopping was excellent.
My only complaint would be the parking lot is small and somewhat tight for parking your vehicle, but this wouldn't keep me from staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I'll get the bad part out of the way first. What architect thought it was a good idea to design this hotel with a huge open atrium that works as an echo chamber? I've stayed in plenty of hotels with center atriums that have furnishings that cut down on noise. This atrium is LOUD. My room was at the far corner and I could hear conversations like they were in my room. I could literally hear every word. Fortunately, I travel with ear plugs and would highly recommend you do the same.

Okay, with that out of the way, the rooms are very nice. Very cool bathroom with a bowl sink and a tub with shower. Lot's of nice touches in the room. It was very clean and well maintained. My only gripe is the bed was way too soft for my taste.

I didn't have a chance to try the free breakfast so I cannot comment. I didn't like the parking lot layout as it is very dark to the side and behind the building. Someone's car was broken into overnight when I was there and there were three police vehicles in the parking lot the next morning.

Here's where this hotel really won me over. I was rushing to check out and left my room in a hurry not realizing that my credit card was left on the coffee table in the room. I didn't miss it until the hotel contacted someone in my travel group to say they found it. By that time, I was at the airport heading back. They dropped it in the mail and I got it back.

To the housekeeper who found my card while cleaning the room, THANK YOU. And to the management that mailed it back to me, THANK YOU. I'll be back next time I'm in Conyers and will be sure to stay at your hotel..........with my earplugs of course.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business