“Hampton First Rate Service”

Hampton Inn Commerce
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I recently stayed at this location, and had a great experience from the moment I walked in. Even though it was the middle of the night, the front desk employee, Candy was very friendly, and helpful. She was very professional, and helped me with my luggage. My 5 year son was with me, and she talked to him, and gave him a snack. They need more caring employees like Candy at Hampton. The room was what I would expect from Hampton, with clean linens, and a quiet room. The breakfast was good, but I'd recommend they upgrade their scrambled eggs. Even with tons of ketchup they were still bad:( But, I guess if the only complaint is the eggs, then it was a good stay, and worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
harry p, Manager at Hampton Inn Commerce, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent review of our hotel. We are glad to read that our staff and Candy, our night auditor. was able to get your sum accomodated at that late hour. We look forward to your return to in the near future

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The check in clerk was very friendly and welcoming. Whatever else Hampton is doing, their HR department is doing a top notch job of hiring and training hospitality staff. Although the rooms were very clean and everything was functional, some of the furnishings could use an update. They are showing obvious signs of age and wear and are not quite what I expect to find when paying this rate.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the bottom floor near back exit - too much traffic!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
harry p, Manager at Hampton Inn Commerce, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review of our glad.

We appreciate the positive feedback on our staff and the service you received during your stay with us

We have renovated our public areas and lobby along with upgrades to our bedding, flat screen TV's and still the Hampton 100% guarantee!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel was clean, the employees were wonderful, and we had a delightful stay because of it! Breakfast was good, rooms were clean and spacious. The hotel was close to everything. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel

We appreciate the positive feedback and that we were able to provide Hampton Hospitality

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here one night recently. Staff was inattentive at check in. Didn't seem to care that we were there. Carpet in our room looked clean, but had a peculiar odor. While generally a clean place, the property has a "tired" look to it and needs an upgrade. We found the rooms to be a bit smaller than most Hampton Inns.

Too many smokers hanging around the front entrance which made one have to walk through a nasty blue haze each time you entered or left the building. The facility - inside - is smoke free.

At breakfast the trash cans were overflowing. The management had a very young person in charge of the breakfast area and she did the best she could, but additional training or support of management is needed.

I am a Hilton Honors member and this Hampton Inn just does not live up to my expectations of what a Hampton Inn should be. I would overnight again in Commerce, but not at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we will act on your suggestions regarding our hotel operations and staffing

We do offer smoking rooms for our guests and we have relocated our outdoor smoking area to an entrance with less traffic for those guests that do not wish to have this issue

Our hotel was renovated in 2012 with new public areas, bedding, flat screen TV's and upgraded breakfast along with the Hampton 100% guarantee

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Since I was accompanying my wife on this 3-night stay so she could attend a class, I spent a lot of time at the desk with my computer. It took the staff three tries before they gave up on finding a working and not worn out standard room chair and brought me an office chair from the meeting room. I also devised a way to prevent the AC unit from blowing on me while sitting at the desk. Other than those two issues, the hotel was satisfactory and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cuffs259
harry p, Manager at Hampton Inn Commerce, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel, I wanted to apologize for the issue with our in room office chairs. I am glad that we were able to locate a chair that works for you during your stay with us!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were attending a family reunion in Clarkesville GA. We needed a place to stay. A couple of other locations were closer to Clarkesville but the Commerce area was a much more vibrant community with a huge Outlet Mall and many more dining choices. The Hampton was also very accommodating to us as we needed 4 rooms for different family members. Everything went smooth. The breakfast bar was a real time and money saver.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bruce P

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Commerce while attending your reunion. We do have a lot of shopping and restaurant options here in Commerce. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Before I arrived I called in twice and spoke with a Matthew I believe to assure them I was coming but would be later that night due to an evening graduation. He assured I would have a room as long as I was there before midnight. We arrive before midnight only to be told that our room was given away because we didn’t show up by 6pm. Was told there was a room in another HI 30 miles away. We had been driving all day and did not want to have to drive another 30 mile at 11pm at night. The lady at the front desk finally called a guest who said there were not going to show up that night and gave us his handicap room which we took happily. The room was ok however the shower head was broken so we had to do a wash up. The next day maintenance came to look at it and said it need to be replace so he tied it up with a hanger wire so that we could at least take a shower. The Guy I spoke to over the phone twice had a bad attitude and I should have known he was not going to keep my room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Comfort Suites
Hampton Inn Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
#3 of 23 in Athens
Quality Inn & Suites Athens

Been to Hampton Inn Commerce? Share your experiences!