“Terrible hotel - go anywhere else but here. Incredibly dirty.”

Hampton Inn Commerce
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I should have known at check in - I travel very frequently for business and stay at Hampton often. The hotel staff was unkept, my check in was scattered. The room was the dirtiest I have ever been in in my career. A dirty film on everything, a sour smell, mold crusted faucet in the shower, stained towels, slimy remote - you name it. Woke up with red bumps on my arms and legs - gross!
The parking is on the side of the building next to an overgrown field. I just ran to the key entry door and hoped for the best at night.
There was a constant banging in the hall all night and when reported, hotel staff didnt seem to care.
Too bad - love this brand and have had fairly consistent results over time. But this hotel will make me think again about staying at Hampton.

Room Tip: Stay at fairfield or holiday inn express - seems like much better options in this area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
harry p, Manager at Hampton Inn Commerce, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel

I must apologize for the poor service that you encountered back in January,

We live up to the Hampton 100% guarantee and will ensure that our guests are not charged for a poor experience,

I have investigated the room in question to see where we might have come up short so that we can ensure we will live up to our service along with hampton's standards

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Commerce

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The property looks like its poorly taken care of. You can tell its an old place & could use better up keeping. The sinks didn't drain well, & after a while began to have a back up smell. the toilet ran for hours during the night & the t.v. didn't get half the channels I would suggest they switch carriers. The elevator shook & seemed like it was gonna trap me, so I took the stairs most of the night. The beds were amazing on another hand. & the room looked GREAT very clean just poor maintance. I was checked in by a girl named Rebecca she was so pleasant! sweet short haired blond with an amazing personality. I was traveling alone & had been in my car for hours & was pleased that she didn't mind at all me staying in the lobby with her & talking about everything under the sun. Most people would have gotten annouyed, but Rebecca was beyound welcoming! Breakfast the next morning was ok, I have had better, but it was nice. I talked with a girl named Christina, personally she came off as fake. but was also sweet as can be. The lady at the front desk spoke to me, but didn't remove her eyes from the computer screen. I will visit this hotel again, everytime I pass through this area! I just hope that Rebecca is working when I check in or atleast some point during my stay!

Room Tip: a room away from the elevators close to the stairs so you don't have to walk far to go down the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel, We were built over 15 years ago but we have maintained the Hampton brand standards

We completed the brand new bedding, flat screen TV;s and renovated lobby along with the new Hampton Signature breakfast in 2012

We are glad to see that our staff met with your approval and that they made your stay enjoyable

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Check-in and check-out process was the longest I have experienced at any hotel. Staff seemed like first timers straight out of high school. They did not dress like employees of any other Hampton I have stayed. This Hampton did not meet my expectations of the Hampton brand.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We spent two nights at the Commerce, GA Hampton Inn while in town for the wedding festivities of some friends. We were quite pleased with the set up - comfortable room, VERY comfortable bed, convenient parking (right outside the side door). Our room was also right next to the elevator, which was helpful for those of us who have some trouble getting around. The breakfast was tasty and quite adequate. The desk, dining room, and custodial staff were all quite friendly and helpful.
The only "con" I have - which, of course, is not something Hampton Inn can easily do anything about - is that it can be time-consumingly difficult to make a left turn onto very busy US 441. I wish there was a connecting road that could take us to a street that has a traffic light.
Nevertheless, it's very likely that we would stay at the Hampton again if we are in Commerce.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
harry p, Manager at Hampton Inn Commerce, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent review of our hotel on Tripadvisor, We appreciate your feedback and we will do our best to ensure that we have the best value for money in the area along with the Hampton Inn Guarantee

We have completed an extensive renovation in 2012 with a brand new lobby, upgraded free hot breakfast and flat screen TV's

We hope to welcome you back in the near future

Thnak you

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We came to commerce to shop at the outlet. It got late and we were exhausted, we chose Hampton because of its reputation. I have to tell you we had a pleasant warm stay as well as a great morning breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bstui9

Thank you for sharing your recnet review of our hotel and that you found us to be great value for money here in Commerce

We are located at the same exit as the Tanger Outlet Shopping and we have lots of guest who stay with us when they are in town for the shopping

Our hotel was completely renovated in 2012 and all our room rates include a free full hot breakfast along with the Hampton Guarantee

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I came commerce on a business trip. I was exhausted after my long day of travel and chose this hotel to recuperate. I have to say I had a very tranquil slumber, and I was able to rest 100%! The staff was very friendly especially the clerk that checked me in. At dinner time he advised me with some local choices for cafes. I look forward to coming here again for future business trips!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent review of our hotel . We appreciate your feedback to ensure that we are living up to your expectations of providing great service and value for money in this area

We are glad to read that you had a restfull stay and that you will stay with us agin when you are back in the area

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I currently stayed this last friday with my son looking at colleges. I came in to a great atmosphere at the get go coming in the door. The man at the desk James was wonderfull and signed me up for you rewards program. We got to our room and the room was great, and we had a pleasant sleep in your comfortable beds. Then we checked out the next morning with a trish being great. Definetly will be telling people about our stay and will visit again! Thanks

Room Tip: Ask for James and Trish they are a great assette to that company!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family