“reservationist at wyndham said pool was open.”

Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was needing the use of the pool and it was already closed for season..was disappointed. No breakfast and the TV remote needed batteries.Maybe they could of let us go to next door pool of motel next door????

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for the pool. Our pool is seasonal so we pool is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. We are adjacent to Cracker Barrel and they serve one of the best breakfast. We will address your concerns. We strive to provide excellent service each and everyday. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is located in a great spot relative to the shopping and restaurants. Good selection of TV stations. Personnel allowed me to check in early due to college football games being on. This was a big plus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We would not be in business with our guests. All reviews help us stay on track and work harder to serve our guests.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I feal safe there and allways clean thsnk you for a clean safe place to stay.
Time to up grade pillows! One flat and slight oder.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your feed back and we will address your concern with our staff.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel was so dirty! The wallpaper at the top of the walls is pealing off. There were cobwebs in the corners of the ceilings and floors. I picked up the alarm clock to move it and plug it in, and it was sticky all over the bottom. The blanket on the bed looked dirty. The remote did not work for the TV. The lampshades were stained and dirty. The bathroom felt gross and there was hair in the tub. This place really needs to be renovated and cleaned up. There are so many other hotels within walikin distance that are compairable in price and seemed to be much cleaner. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wendydaisy566
jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

We always welcome constructive criticism - it helps us improve our services. Thank you for your kind words and we will definitely address your comments and try and improve our services in the areas of your concerns.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed at the Motel 6 (Suwanee) going to Atlanta and the Howard Johnson in Commerce coming back from Atlanta. I paid the exact same price ($47 tax, tag and title) for both places, but they couldn't have been more different had they been called "night" and "day". (You can see my posting on the Motel 6 under that name.) The HJ was very clean; had a semi-seperate sitting area with a sofa, desk and chair, and the bathroom was a pleasure all the way from the soaps and shampoos to the towels (plenty!) to the high-waisted vanity bar and room safe. There was also a nice sized refrigerator and microwave. The only thing I didn't like was that it was hard to find a convenient empty outlet close to the bed to recharge my phone and laptop. The management was very cordial and nice, even though I arrived well after midnight and had to leave before 6 am. All this was in GREAT contrast to my experience a couple of days before at the Motel 6 Suwanee! (q.v.)

Room Tip: I think that you can find this hotel has discount coupons in the free magazines at GA Hospitality Ce...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your kind review and also for remembering to post a review. Our savvy travelers know it’s best to hear both sides of the story to get the most complete picture. We will continue to work hard and give great service to our guests.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stay here when we race at Petite. Great clean room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We had to stay over night on our drive back home becasue Hurricane Irene pushed us out to GA. But I was not crazy about this property. I am a member of Wyndham Rewards and I like to stay at their properties and this was one I was not crazy about. But for a night sleep it did the job I guess. The exit had a lot of food so that was why we picked it and it was right off the highway. But the front desk staff Danyell was the nicest staff person I have meet in any hotel recently. Went above and beyond to help my family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
jupiter2012, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Also consider these accommodations in or near Commerce
Travelodge Commerce by Tanger Outlets
#1 of 1 in Jefferson
Best Western Commerce Inn
Best Western Commerce Inn
#4 of 15 in Commerce

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA? Share your experiences!