“Ga SCRC Rally 2011”

Howard Johnson Inn Commerce GA
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed August 4, 2011

For the 2nd year here at this motel we held our Georgia State Southern Cruisers Motorcycle Rally and again it turned out to be a great event, in part thanks to the hospitality of the Commerce Howard Johnsons. The owner/manager and all employees were as accomodating to us as anyone could ever ask. We could not expect a more helpful and friendly staff and much appreciate the service.

T Mac and S&S Currahee Chapter #489

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 3, 2011

This establishment is perfect for our SCRC Ga. Rally. Tony Modi & the staff here went above & beyond to help us make our event a memorable one. We held our event here last year, this year & we will be back next year..........

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2011

The building is not brand new and so. like any other older building, it has its imperfections, but they don't get in the way. The rooms are large and clean, and the service is wonderful.,

I have a bad back. When the end-table had to be moved in order to plug a lamp in, the night manager came and cheerfully did it herself. When I needed help re-loading my car the following morning, the owner himself came to help. When my tape recorder slipped from my hands, he picked up the pieces and put them all back together before returning it to me. Though he had other things to do, he didn't seem rushed, and was quite pleasant about helping me.

I've stayed at other hotels and haven't found personnel to be as willing to help as they are at the Howard Johnson Inn in Commerce, GA. When I drive through Commerce again, that's where I'll stay. If it's in the summertime, I'll bring my bathing suit and swim in the pool.

Room Tip: My room was nice and quiet, and I slept well.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2011

The room was clean. the bed was comfortable, and the price was great. Location is great, plenty of great placese to eat and to go shopping.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My family recently stayed at the Howard Johnson in Commerce, GA. Our two year old daughter was traveling with us on this occasion. She always travels with a well-loved friend named Benny Bunny. When we packed to leave on the morning of December 18, 2010, Benny Bunny decided he needed to stay cuddled warm in bed. Unknowingly, we left without him. Meeting family and celebrating Christmas kept us from discovering our mistake until we were on our way home to North Carolina. I called the kind staff of this hotel and asked if Benny had been discovered hiding among the sheets. Thankfully an observant housekeeping staff noticed and placed Benny in a safe location. As a mother, I was panicked. We have a back-up bunny, but our daughter knows the difference. The woman at the front desk told me that she would mail Benny home. She took our name and address and followed through. Benny arrived safely home on the December 26th. Having Kenly’s best friend back in her arms was the best Christmas present.

The staff could have demanded that we come pick the bunny up. They could have required us to send a payment for postage before mailing him. Instead, they went above and beyond the call of duty.

The whole experience was refreshing.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My friends and I have stayed here for the last 7 years, and continue to come back because of the property and the people. We always receive first class service and have never had any issues. Friendly people, clean rooms and great location.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the Southeast for business, and have been to many state rallies through the years... but I have to say, that the warmth and friendliness of the staff were absolutely EXCEPTIONAL from the manager to the room service folks. When the Manager came out to the parking lot Friday night and walked around shaking hands with folks and thanking people for staying, it was awesome! And the generosity of the hotels to donate was far and above what I ever expected. Can't wait until next year!!!

• Stayed: July 2010