“Clean room and great breakfast”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Commerce, GA
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was less than a mile from Tanger outlet. It is a quick trip into Athens for a Georgia game. The hotel room was very clean. The breakfast area was well maintained and plenty of selection to choose from. My son loved the automatic pancake maker.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Upon check-in at the Holiday Inn in Commerce, GA with a reservation of a King Suite. I advised Michelle the Front Desk Clerk that I had a service animal and had documentation. She immediately became rude and was ignorant to the fact that a service animal was different from a pet.
She downgraded our room to a standard double in a “dog room”. Of course I was not happy about that, since I am a loyal Holiday Inn Platinum member, and attempted to explain regulations regarding service animals. She at that point called me a liar and was more concerned with her own job, as it seems she should be.
I asked for a Manager, and she said “oh I have contacted the manager” I said, “well may I speak with her or when will she be here?” Michelle then said the manager has other hotel things she is doing. So, I could be waiting here for hours with no room! I did look at the double room and it was tiny and reeked of cigarette smoke. My husband is 6’2” and we reserved a King room. No king beds were in the “dog area”. After one more encounter with Michelle insulting me, she only offered to cancel the reservation.
I have never encountered such a rude, obtuse person, with zero customer service skills. I have never had any type of problems traveling with a service animal and will be contacting the American Disabilities Association regarding the matter. I advised Michelle, I would be contacting the Corporate office and she only laughed. This does say a great deal about the Holiday Inn brand image.
My husband noticed there was a Comfort Suites across the street. I went in Comfort Suites with no reservation, in tears, and Angie & Anna were so kind and took very good care of me. The also mentioned they have heard of this happening frequently at the Holiday Inn. As it turned out, the Comfort Suites was much nicer with a better atmosphere. I would highly recommend staying there instead.
Update: now I noticed I have a charge from Holiday Inn including $25 charge for pet fee. So, the charges for the room were not cancelled, now another hassle!!!
I don't think I will be staying at Holiday Inn again after this experience.

Room Tip: Recommend Comfort Suites across the street instead.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Vickie2
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed on a Friday night and there was A LOT of traffic that night. One vehicle with a VERY loud muffler kept driving up and down the street outside.

Breakfast was good and hot. Room was very clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Anne49022
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I and 38 other women stayed at this hotel for the purpose of doing ministry. We have stayed here before for the same purpose. The staff is consistently accomodating, friendly and efficient. The rooms are clean, and the free breakfast has many tasty and healthy choices. The shopping outlets are very close to the hotel for someone who wants to shop.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are the most convenient.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rosalyn P
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a fairly standard Holiday Inn hotel. Updated decor, clean, good location and free breakfast. Pros: they had true queen size beds, although squeaky and not the most comfortable. We used Priority Club points for our stay, the number of points needed was so low we consider this an outstanding deal. If you are able to book using points and can get a great deal like we did - book it you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Pros :

-The suite with couch is a spacious room
-Breakfast was nice
-Comfortable mattress

Cons:

-Third floor was a "partial" smoking floor. The middle rooms were non smoking. On either end of the hall there were enclosed glass doors to the smoking rooms. Of course we smelled the smoke anyway. Didn't realize what was going on until late at night.
-Room was very dark
-Beds creaked with the slightest movement
-Crinkly plastic mattress pads (I think). Was afraid pull the bed apart to check.
-VERY close to a busy road. Since this is North Georgia heard loud mufflers all night long.
-Lots of minor things wrong with room - slow draining tub, bathroom door hard to close, "commitment to service" placard in bathroom was filthy and had paint drips on it, switch on nightstand light didn't work (we had to unscrew the bulb to turn it off)
-Surprisingly expensive compared to other HI Express' in similar areas.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Commerce, GA, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

cantfindausername,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed here while my husband attended school. Very clean, nice staff. Would stay again.

1  Thank Chrsan