“Georgia excellence”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Hustontown
“Georgia excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is a older than much of its competition. Each room leads outside, no waiting on elevators or winding your way through the hotel maze.
The retro feel was nice. The service was spectacular--I've travelled quite a bit in my nearly 30 years and I know good service when it is delivered. The personnel were friendly, efficient, knowledgeable and timely--winning combination. The rooms were clean (always a good thing), the air conditioning worked well (a failing point even in some newer hotels), the microwave and mini refrigerator were greatly appreciated and used. The TV was an older cathode ray TV, but since I don't watch TV on the road, who cares. It worked and had several channels for those who do watch TV
the wi-fi worked great, I was able to check email and stream a Netflix movie without frustrating buffering occurring.
The outdoor pool was clean, and relaxing...well, the kids liked it!
Price was outstanding and location was less than a mile from the interstate, outlet malls and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Himesh P, Manager at Travelodge Commerce, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thanks for recognizing our TRAVELODGE OF COMMERCE-GEORGIA as a hotel, not a motel. Some of the traits of our services have been compared and contrasted with those of high end hotels - and although we are by no means that, we aim to punch above our weight! Your award of the highest possible rating speaks for itself. All that remains for us is to welcome you, your friends and family back again soon.

HARRY PATEL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Onley, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

we booked this motel through expedia,( 2 rms) because of its location to shopping, family and its price. we traveled 4 states, arriving in the late night hours, because of the late night hour check in was through a window, which was understandable, but this also prevented me from actually viewing the room(as I usually do) before signin on the dotted line. Long story short I was happy to not have to hotel hop at such a late hour in the night, but to my suprise the bathroom was in filthy shape, the toilet had urine stains running down the front of it, behind the lid there was some type of build up, a ring around the tub, and the area in the shower where u lay the soap was dirty, so was the sink, some type of smudges on the walls& to take the cake there was some type of dried fluid/discharge on the top bedspread when u turn it back & we were itching....I politely reported this to front desk in the morning and felt as it I were brushed off, with them saying we will check these things out, normally i would have insisited that they go so i could show them but there was guests in the lobby area so i didnt make the stink I wanted to. ( the other room, my dad stated was fine, but he wouldnt have complained anyway) maybe my room was just one of those end of the day, im tired of cleaning rooms, this is good enough things, or maybe they dont have anyone to check behind the housekeepers to ensure all rooms are clean, either way, NEVER AGAIN

Room Tip: always view your room before signing on the dotted line.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank April W
Himesh P, Manager at Travelodge Commerce, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review of your stay at the TRAVELODGE OF COMMERCE-GEORGIA. . We believe responding to reviews shows that we are listening and we actually care; it's a way to reinforce the positive and change perceptions when negative; Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We are sorry to note that we did not do so on this occassion. Please know that your comments will be addressed.

We hope you will give us another chance to serve you better next time.

We look forward to seeing you, your friends and family soon again.

Harry Patel.
Milledgeville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at this hotel for the last 3 years for the Southern Nationals Race. The rooms are always neat and clean . The staff is so friendly and ready to serve us. The race was cancelled this year and the hotel was kind enough to not only call us to tell us before we made the long trip but they took the liberty to reschedule our stay. Look forward to our stay again next year!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Himesh P, Manager at Travelodge Commerce, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thanks for taking time to share your experiences about our TRAVELODGE OF COMMERCE-GEORGIA . Thank you for being such a loyal guest. We would like to welcome you back again and again - welcome to the familyThe award of 5 greens out of 5 speaks for itself and there remians nothing more for us to say, other than to look forward to seeing you, your friends and family back again soon.

Harry Patel.
Youngsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Enjoyable 3 night stay. Hotel exterior was very nice looking. Room was very clean. Nice shower. Great service. Manager Harry Patel makes every effort to make sure you are satisfied. I had booked online and had needed to add a night just before leaving home. There was a problem with the computer system and I was not able to get the change made so the reversation center added a night manually but said they had to give me a higher rate. I spoke to Harry when I arrived and he said that he would make it right. He dealt with the reversation center the next day while I was at the track at Road Atlanta. He said it was his place to deal with the problem, not mine. That is what I call good customer service. I will definitely be staying here whenever I am in the Commerce area and will recommend this hotel to my friends. Plenty of good places to eat close by too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Himesh P, Manager at Travelodge Commerce, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Welcome to the family and thanks for awarding the highest possible rating for your stay at the TRAVELODGE OF COMMERCE - GEORGIA. You ask and we will try and comply - that's our philosophy; we can't always deliver, but we will defintiely try our best.

We could not have exected a better review; covers all aspects of the hospitality services and the highest possible award on tripadvisor. We hope to see you, your family and friends soon...

HARRY PATEL
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel which is convenient to the Commerce area. The owner is very personable and responsive. He is usually on site and interesting to talk to. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and inexpensive. There was a microwave and frig in the room.

The Travelodge is a good stopover point if you are traveling on I-85. There are many restaurants within a quarter mile of the property.

Room Tip: Has a nice gazebo in the front of the property, and several grills that are available for guests.
Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank levnc
Himesh P, Manager at Travelodge Commerce, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review of your stay at theTRAVELODGE OF COMMERCE-GEORGIA. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Harry patel
CLEARWATER
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Because of the reviews I read for this hotel, my husband and I decided to stay on our way back to FL. Big mistake! I booked this hotel on line and requested a 1st floor smoking room because my husband has a bad back. I received my confirmation and charge for the room, but when we checked in we were told no 1st floor rooms available. Needless to say, I was not happy. We had a room at the back of the hotel, facing the highway and found it very noisy. Although the room was nice and clean, the electrical outlets in the bathroom area did not work and had to call the front desk to have someone come and fix it. After jiggling the outlet with the hair dryer, it finally worked. Should I have to jiggle my hair dryer before I can get the outlet to work?? The continental breakfast left a lot to be desired - not very healthy. Sweet rolls, sweet muffins, white bread,a few apples, one very ripe bananna and two cerals. When we checked out, we were charged a different amount than on my e-mail confirmation. After much discussion, we were re-imbursed for the difference. I think my first clue about this hotel was when we pulled in at 6:30 in the evening and only one car in the parking lot! In the future, because of the bad experience at this particular Travelodge, I would hesitate to stay at another one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Himesh P, Manager at Travelodge Commerce, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
We at the TRAVELODGE OF COMMERCE -GEORGIA care about your satisfaction before and during your stay. Positive as well as negative (constructive) comments help us to better ourselves.

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review on this site. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us; please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.As per your concren about ground floor smoking room its first come first serve ....

Harry Patel