“Great food, great service... Just really clean the tables once in a while”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #33 of 54 Restaurants in Commerce
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stopped here in the way back from a weekend out of town trip. We usually stop here on the way back from up north and go through the drive thru but this time we went inside. The food was really good as it always is. BBQ pork is cooked very well, has lots of flavor and has very little grizzle or skin. The sides are cooked really well too. Kids got chicken fingers, as usual, and they like them. The server was friendly, seated us quickly and took great care of us during the meal. Absolutely no complaints or anything wrong as far as the food or service goes... However.. the table was extremely sticky. We all used our napkins and scrubbed the table. I attached a picture of my napkin after I wiped down my part of the table. The napkin is covered in dirt. It is absolutely disgusting. If this is how the restaurant tables are, and this is the area the customers DO see, how are the areas that the customers DON'T see? The amount of dirt on my napkin seemed to indicate to me that they very rarely clean the tables here or they use dirty wash cloths. I don't know, but it's bad. It's bad enough that I will have to reconsider stopping here in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We tried the new barbeque sandwich that was advertised. It was just too expensive. It tasted ok- just cost too much we thought. We don't visit there too much. Just hit a drive thru if we wanted a hamburger steak plate. I've eaten some of their catered food on occasion. It was ok but it was on someone else's dime. HA.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

W A, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy our steak burger but sorry you feel that the BBQ sandwiches are too expensive. We'd love to hear your feedback about it. Send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with this information and the location you visit often, so that we can bring it up to our team. We would greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Sonny's consistently has excellent BBQ. The service is always fast, the food is tasty, and we leave happy and satisfied.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

John B, thank you for the great 5 star review! We're glad to hear that you enjoy our BBQ and service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My family have tried this place three times...1st time, 1 of 4 tables off peak dining and it took over 30 min. to be served. 2nd time, called in order to go, off peak 30 min. In advance and still was not ready when I got there. 3rd time was the worste, came in to place my order to go, off peak, 3customers in restaurant, 1server took my order, it sat in the window for 15 min.,, my server walked by several times and talked to other waitress's, another server finally started putting my order in the bag but left in the middle of it and another server finally put the cole slaw in the bag. I gave up...

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Jeeper4184, We're sorry to hear that your recent experiences with us have not been up to your expectations. Please let us help you. Send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with further details, including the location, so that we can address the issues that you encountered. We really appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I ordered the all you can eat ribs, and I was not disappointed. They tasted awesome and there was always another plate of ribs waiting for me before I was done.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for the review, rideit! We're glad to hear that you really enjoyed our all you can eat ribs! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Sonny's BBQ? Share your experiences!