“Delightful Stay”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Commerce
Ellenwood, Georgia
“Delightful Stay”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was a clean, well maintained hotel with a delightful staff. I was attending a conference in Athens, GA. It was about 20 miles outside of Athens, GA. I did not mind the drive. The hotel was located near many restaurants and shopping as well as the outlet stores. I was not expecting the rooms to be as nice as they were. It was a pleasant surprise. If in the area again, I will choose this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fairfieldc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Commerce, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so very much GwenB3975 for utlizing Trip Advisor to review our hotel, the Fairfield Inn & Suites, by Marriott, Commerce, regarding your recent stay. At the Fairfield Inn & Suites, by Marriott, Commerce, we strive to make our Guests feel at home with a hearty welcome upon arrival, spacious fresh and clean guest rooms and always provide you the service that will make you want to return in the future. We look forward to your return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites, by Marriott, Commerce, Georgia.

Kelly M. Brower

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Polk, Louisiana
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Traveling through and decided to stop here for the night and was glad I did. Rooms were nice and clean, comfy beds, free wifi, continental breakfast, and I used my military discount and got a price that couldn't be beat for everything involved ... Very friendly staff and for those who don't necessarily get moving early, checkout is at noon! Very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012
Commerce, Georgia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Everyone on staff was super helpful and professional. Becky, Heidi and Chris were extra friendly and helpful and made our stay extra pleasant.

The hotel is clean and located close to shopping, eating and interstate 85.

The free breakfast was one of the best I've seen. It included make your own Belgian Waffles, blueberry and apple (I think) muffins, english muffins, bagels, grits, oatmeal, cold cereal, boiled eggs, fresh fruit (apples, oranges and bananas), sausage & pancake on a stick, sausage biscuits, bacon, egg & cheese biscuit, yogurt, fruit cups, apple & orange juice, hot chocolate, hot tea and coffee. And they had plenty of condiments including cream cheese, peanut butter, real butter, margarine, jelly, honey, syrup and sugar free syrup.

There is an indoor pool and hot tub that we found to be rarely used by guests, as this hotel is geared toward business travelers. Many times over the week we were the only ones in the pool. There is also a 24 hour gym that we did not use.

There is also a business center with 2 computers/printers where you can access the internet. Hookup to in room wi-fi was easy and worked great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SC
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Immediately the staff welcomed me and they were very accommodating to my needs. It was a business visit and they made it a little easier. Must say I love the beds, very comfortable. Many amenities there I just could not take advantage of them because of time but I would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank karae15
Ellenwood, Georgia
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Great place to stay while in Commerce, Ga. The Hotel managers and staff were Fabulous. The breakfast attendant is the nicest person and very helpful. My cousins and I needed a wonderful place to get together and we had the best time in commerce. We will visit here again. I highly recommend this hotel. Keep up the good work team......

Room Tip: all of the rooms were very nice and clean
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank S D
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The staff we encountered here was fabulous. My husband's team stayed here and the front desk attendant was so nice. The breakfast attendant the following morning was also very pleasant and constantly wiping tables as guests would leave the area. (BIG PLUS!) The room itself was roomy and different. We had two queens with a couch that pulled out into a bed. I'm not sure if this was considered some type of suite or not since I didn't have anything to do with making the reservation. I loved the lighting in this room. There were lights that you could dim above the beds OR you could have the regular lamps on the nightstand. There were a couple of floor lamps as well as the desk lamp and a couple of sconces. My kids had a blast just playing with the lighting! :) We didn't visit the pool since we got in later than expected and left early. It looked very nice though. Breakfast was nice with a nice variety of items from cereal to items that are in the fridge that you can microwave. Everything was very fresh and hot. We hope to be back when we visit this area again!
(The only reason I didn't check excellent on the cleanliness was because I found a few hairs on in the bathroom which were probably from the cleaning crew...nothing major! The location is right off the interstate, but it was a bit tricky to find the access road at night. Again, nothing major!)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This hotel was by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I loved the whirlpool and indoor pool. The breakfast bar was by far the best breakfast I have ever seen at a hotel and it was free with your stay. The price of the hotel was great and the customer service was excellent. One of the assosicates that stood out to me was Becky. She was so helpful and brought items I had forgotten up to my room and was extremly pleasant. Out of all the hotels I have ever stayed at I have never met a customer service associate that was so friendly and helpful. My overall stay at this hotel was excellent. The room far exceeded my expections for the price. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean and just beautiful. Everytime I go to commerce this hotel will be the only hotel I stay at. I stayed here for valentines day and this hotel helped make my valentines day just PERFECT!!! I could continue to tell how perfect this hotel is but I may run out of room. I would recommed this hotel to anyone staying in commerce. This was an excellent experience!

Room Tip: I would go with any suite they have. The suites are fair priced and will far exceed your expectation...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple