“Food was good...staff was friendly”
Review of Minnie's Uptown

Minnie's Uptown
Ranked #10 of 559 Restaurants in Columbus
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Rome, Georgia
“Food was good...staff was friendly”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you don't mind eating out of plastic plates and using a plastic knife and fork then you'll probably like eating here. In my opinion, the food is just average. I try to be realistic and honest when I write my reviews and I really don't know what all the rave is about by previous reviewers. The appearance of the restaurant (actually more like a cafeteria) is just plain; nothing fancy. I did think the prices were reasonable.

• Visited August 2013

Columbus, Georgia
“Classic meat & three”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you want good southern cooking, Minnie's is your place! The line can be quite long, but it moves quickly. They do a good job with the kids as well, letting them pick what they want on their kid's plate. One of the few places that the whole family likes that serves vegetables! Menu changes daily so you may not see your favorite, but there will always be something else just as delicious in its spot!

• Visited April 2013
“Good Solid Fare”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Iconic Columbus Southern Food been here forever see the same crowd every morning and at lunch must be good or they wouldn't come!!

Visited August 2012
fayetteville
“Good fried southern food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a great lunch place to go. We arrived at 11, and it was empty. By 12:15, they were packed. Food was good, but good luck finding a place to park.

Kansas
“Wonderful Soul Food”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Found Minnie’s Uptown on Trip Advisor and decided to try it. Bottom line is really good food for a really good price. I would give it a 5 Rating but only fine dining establishments can earn that... I was a little worried when I saw the neighborhood, but the restaurant is nicely decorated and tastefully done. This place is a cafeteria; you walk up and the ladies ask you what you want. Usually three meats and a ton of sides to choose from are on the menu. For lunch I had the hamburger steak in gravy over rice with fried okra and black eyed peas. It was a delicious lunch. I went back and got the fried chicken with cornbread dressing, corn and lima beans to go for dinner. Again, wonderful. I didn’t get a dessert, but they all looked great. Great sweet tea. The people that work there are the friendliest in the world. They are friendly and make you feel welcome. As I sat eating my lunch, I watched folks come through and order their lunch. You can tell a lot about a place by the clientele and this place had a VERY diverse one. While I was there, blacks, whites, businessmen, blue collar workers, college students, soldiers, old ladies, and young kids all came through. When you have this diverse of a clientele, you know they are coming because the food is good. I will go back while I’m here; I have to try the smothered pork chops!

• Visited February 2013