“excellent experience”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning
Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Tyeisha showed us the rooms before we checked in. Very clean, staff was very nice and accommodating. Breakfast was hot and good. Being close to road there was not any traffic noise. Very impressed, will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Jackie,
Hi there thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel here at Ft. Benning.
We love to hear compliments on our staff and we thoroughly enjoy reading that you had a wonderful stay with us.
We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I came to the Econo Lodge after arriving a day early and the Hotel I was reserved to stay at for the next 5 nights was full. Will was at the front desk and with a bubbly personality sold me a room and asked if I would consider staying for the entire week. I said I'd consider it and by the following morning had decided I did not need to go anywhere else as although the facility is older, it was immaculately clean, the water pressure was wonderful, the fridge and microwave was great, breakfast was yummy and the salt water pool was a treasure. It was also very close to the Main Gate of the Base so I was perfectly content for the entire week. Will also gave me a Tourist guide of where to go in the area and is how I picked my restaurants for the entire week.
I am very appreciative of Will's wonderful customer service skills and he is an asset to the Management of Econo Lodge at Fort Benning. Every other employee I met was pleasant as well but if it were not for Will's sales skills I would have gone to the newer hotel the following day.
I plan to stay at this hotel if/when I ever need to travel to the Ft Benning area again in the future. Thank you.

Room Tip: My room was downstairs on the end. I had no complaints, the AC was not loud and I didn't hear a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Mrs. Kim,
Thank you for the wonderful and thorough review you left us. You seem to have covered every aspect of your stay and I appreciate that.

Thank you for your very kind compliments for Will. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned he is an asset to our company. He truely is a staple and a essential aspect of our guest's over all experience.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The room had holes in the wall,it was clean,not what we expected,the breakfast bar couldn't keep up with demand the sausage was cold,it was located close to Fort Benning which made it convenient,.I personaly would stay somewhere else next time,but in a pinch the Econo Lodge would do Some of the amenities were missing from the room which we had to request. The staff was very helpful,but the room should have had everything in it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Mr. Warmstro,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel here on TripAdvisor.
It sounds like we did not reach your satisfaction 100% and I apologise for that.
I appreciate you bringing these actions to our attention as well as bringing to attention our attributes such as our close proximity to Ft. Benning and our helpful staff.

Your review was fair and honest. I'd love to chat with you about your staff over the phone to learn your room number and what faults we can improve on. Please feel free to call the hotel at
706.682.3803

Have a Wonderful Day,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I came to Columbus for a family reunion, I must admit I was a little skeptical to stay there at first but to my surprise I was very pleased with my stay. The rooms were very clean and everyone went out of there way to treat us like family. I will be returning next year to the Econo Lodge.

Dear Mrs. Samantha,
Thank you for leaving us such a nice review. We are thrilled to hear you had a great time staying with us.

We are a smaller hotel so it really gives us the chance to treat everyone like family and I am glad you felt that way.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Ft. Benning for my son's graduation, the entire staff was extremely nice and went out of there way to make sure we had everything we needed. I would like to especially acknowledge the front desk clerk Stephanie who was very knowledgeable about the surroundings and always greeted us with a big smile. We would definately stay at the Lodge again. Sincerely Ms Smith.

1  Thank Tamara S
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We initially booked our room for my brother's army's graduation. Yes it's close to the venue but after a long flight, this is not the kind of room I'm expecting to go to for some rest. The photos they have online is completely different. The atmosphere of the room feels icky, don't feel like we have ac on.

People next door were too loud. Apparently some guests have been staying there for months treating it like an apartment cause it's cheaper. There's people bbqing and partying next door.

Pool was dirty and couldn't get hot water on the tub. The next day we were expecting to get room service by having our sheets change. To our surprised they just dropped off new towels but never bother to re arrange the beds and even change the garbage. After seeing this we immediately move to a different hotel. (comfort inn) way better!

• Stayed: July 2013

Mrs. Franmarie,
Hello there, Im very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have sent you multiple messages via TripAdvisor hoping to discuss your stay.

It sounds like we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry, looks like we dropped the ball.
We are close to Ft. Benning and with that we will sometimes have Air born/contractors/International Army students stay with us for many days at a time.
I assure you our rates are not cheaper than paying rent anywhere.

I would love to speak with you about your stay. Please call me at
706.682.3803.

Have a Great Day,

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this motel in 2007 when my oldest grandson graduated from Basic Training at Fort Benning. So, I decided to stay here as well when my youngest grandson graduated! The rooms are reasonably priced, very clean, beds are comfortable, staff is great (especially Will Wilson!), and the breakfast is not bad either. It's convenient to the base and location doesn't seem to be in a bad area. I wish there were restaurants closer, but the motel has nothing to do with this. Will did give me delivery menus that restaurants had left there, and they were really good, so not a problem with food! I plan on going back in August and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
EconoFB, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hi there AnnetteGri,
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel here.
Its reviews like yours that let us take pride in what we do.

Thank you for the complimentary review!