“Good value”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Overall, we we very happy with this hotel. It's obviously not a 5 star facility, but we did not pay 5 star dollars either. The room was clean, the water pressure from the shower was good. The bed was very comfy and carpets were unsoiled. Staff was polite. There were no late night noise makers. But: the safety lock. (Both bar or chain) was missing from the door and jamb! The tv remote did not work properly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
EconoFB, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you so much Utgarder for your review! We appreciate you taking the time and writing a review on our hotel if you are ever in the area come back to see us !!!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is located right next to ft Benning, a highway, a gas station and a major road.The room was clean and had everything that would come standard. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank V C

Hello and thank you V C! Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and your stay! You have choices when looking for a hotel in columbus and we thank you for giving us a try! Quality, security and satisfaction are what we aim to provide to all of our guests visiting our hotel and we are all very happy to hear that we met those standards with your stay.
Be sure to stop by again and we will be happy to meet the same standards for your stay again in the future!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Booked a room here for Ft. Benning Graduation based on Trip Advisor 5 stars. I ended up changing to a hotel closer to base, next to the Infantry Museum because I did not feel safe at night. (Female alone) Basically, this is an affordable Motel. The staff was excellent! Helpful, friendly, and willing to make sure all of my needs were taken care of. I give the amazing staff "5 stars!" However, the restaurant next door was closed down, and the property is located on Victory Drive, which is not the greatest area for visitors. Pros: close to Main Gate Ft. Benning, price and southern hospitality. Cons: more of a three star motel than a five star hotel.

2  Thank JanAboutTown
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Checking in I had the best service. She was sweet and so helpful. The convenience of the hotel literally being next to Ft. Benning for my sons graduation was also convenient. When we went for breakfast there wasn't anything left of the sausage and very little of the eggs and this was at approximately 6:30 in the morning. We notified staff that their wasn't anything left. We waited around and nothing had been refilled. I waited and ate a biscuit. Over all we weren't impressed with the food selection. The room was adequate. There was black mold in the bathroom. The sink also has black mold inside which I didn't notice right away till I was across the room and happened to notice it. The a/c barely worked even on the highest setting. We thought that it would cool down through the night but it didn't. Blankets definitely weren't needed. I want to mention again how nice the staff definitely was.

1  Thank shellsinfl
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Don't believe what you hear about location near the Military Base. I had read things that concerned me after making preparations for my soldier's graduation from Basic Training. I am so glad I stuck with my original plans. This facility is wonderful! It is a great choice for families or anyone needing a nice, clean, quiet respectful location to stay. And so convenient to Fort Benning and all activities associated with the Military Base. The staff was wonderful and courteous. They are happy to do what they can to make your stay enjoyable. All for an excellent affordable price.
The continental breakfast is awesome! I highly recommend this property for all families and others to not pass this location up. I will go back when in the Fort Benning area!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I know how people depend on Trip Advisor, and I just want to let folks know that my experience with Econo Lodge Ft Benning was a great one.
From the moment I arrived to the moment I checked out I was not disappointed, But I was impressed.
The staff was outstanding and that's from Management on....I didn't experience and issues that were negative at all and everyone there was kind and willing to assist an out-of-towner with a smile and accuracy. I was there to attend my Husbands graduation at Ft Benning and was so pleased to have an opportunity meet and spend quality time with other Military Families that were there to support their Soldiers and Marines. I hope that Management gets to read these reviews! My deepest appreciation for a job well done. You wil have my business every time I return! Best always, Caroline M Davies

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay I didnt wont to stop at first because I wanted to get to my destination.Glad I did because I needed some much needed rest before getting back on the road. The bed was very comfortable. The room was nice and clean. The staff was very friendly. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
EconoFB, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about us Bre_p13! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here and we really appreciate all of your compliments . We understand you have a lot of choices out there for hotels and we thank you for choosing us and allowing us to serve you!