“The ladies saved the day.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family & I arrived wednesday for my sons Turning Blue & Graduation. We had asked for ground floor because last year I had fallen and broken my ankle in 3 places and shattered the ball in my foot. I had to have surgery twice to repair it... Long story short they had us on 2nd floor and to say me getting up and down those steps wednesday is an understatement. My daughterinlaw went to the office to ask for us to switch rooms to ground floor the man behind the counter wasnt very helpful. So thursday morning when I brought it to the manager and Tamoka the they saved the day, got us a ground floor room and took everything to our new room. I had forgotten some phone chargers pluged in the wall and Tamoka and Valrei both stayed right on it. Helping us and making sure our stay was great!!! Had it not been for the manager, Tamoka, and Valrei there is no way I would have left a great review, but because of them and seeing to it I didnt have to subject myself to the pain of those stairs thursday and friday.... They were amazing and all three deserve my praise and gratitude. I would def go back to this hotel because these three ladies made my stay pleasant soon as I told them my troubles. You cant find great hotel workers like that often.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ThePorrHouse
EconoFB, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thanks The Porr House! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write a review on our hotel and tell us about your stay. We all work hard to ensure every guest has a great experience and that they feel welcomed at our property and in the Columbus/Ft. Benning area. A little southern charm go a long way and your review helps remind us of that. Clean rooms, and great guest service is what we are about and we are glad to have you choose us and even happier to welcome you back in the future. So come on back and see us,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I travel a lot and this place ranks at the top of the list. I stayed there 07/30/12. It's nice and clean but it's the people who work there that makes it very special. Stephanie is the best. All the others are great too and made me feel right at home. Their hots dogs in the evening and breakfast in the morning was very unexpected but sure was nice.
Five Stars in my book.
Bud

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bud B

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about us Bud B! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here and we really appreciate all of your compliments. We understand you have a lot of choices out there for hotels and we thank you for choosing us and allowing us to serve you. Thanks for giving us the oppurtunity!!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

my name is angelia my daughters husband was at ft benning and we stayed at econo lodge . the rooms were great and the pool as clean and the workers were great . i would like to thank cyndy -gm ,stephanie ,tamako, valerie front desk and sylvia housekeeping for a wonderful stay at the econo lodge at ft. benning thank you angelia pacheco room101. p.s and the price was great

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Angelia P

Hello Angelia P.and thanks for the review!! We were all happy to have you and your family at our hotel during your time at Ft. Benning! Our staff are all committed to guest service and we're not happy until your happy, here's to fresh coffee! Thanks again for your review and should you need a room for anything else just give us a call!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Sleep Inn I normally stay at in Columbus was booked so I thought that I'd try the Econo Lodge since it was close to my destination. I've stayed at EL's before and didn't have unrealistic expectations. The room was clean enough but the AC and fridge both made constant clicking noises. The breakfast offered more than most ECs but I didn't care for my sausages soaking in hot water. 4 selections of juice. All orange. No apple. The biggest problem I had was the Internet connection. If you need to work this would not be a good location. You could probably find better in the area for just a little more money.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Ghosthiker

From all of us here at The Econo Lodge at Fort Benning, we extend our deepest apologies. I thank you for you candid response about our hotel. Its opinions like yours that help us make the adjustments necessary to please all of our guests and give as much as we can to make everyone's experience as pleasant as possible. Thanks again for your response!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My flight arrived extra early and I wasnt able to rent a car so I called and asked if I was able to take a taxi and check-in early (5 hrs to be exact). Tameka was very, very helpful and she told me to leave my son's carseat at the front desk so I wouldnt have to haul it back and forth to the meet the taxi cabs.The only available room at that time was their King bed suite. It was a non smoking room but it smelled a little like smoke, I wasn't mad at the hotel because they can't help it if other people don't obey the rules. So I called the front desk and Tameka got people to help as much as they could with the smell, and it worked. Then the next day, our air condtioner broke! As soon as I called the front desk about it they immediately got us keys to a new room with a working A/C. And it was just down the hall so we the transition was fast and easy. They were very helpful with everything. The whole staff was awesome, the front desk, the cleaners and maintenance guy. I wish I knew everyone's name so I can mention all of them. It's very close to Ft. Benning and Sand Hilll. We came for my husband's family day, and stayed from July 26th to the 29th and we will be returning this month for his turning blue and graduation ceremonies. When I checked out I reserved our return visit with Valeri, and she was helpful as well. This is the best place for the price and the wonderful customer service really makes all the difference.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aj4319
EconoFB, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so very much for taking the time to do a review on our property. These are some of my favorite reviews to see! People are sometimes skeptical about staying at an Econo Lodge or other Lodging facility because of what the name may imply or because they would prefer something a little more upscale. This review shows that you don’t have to be a large upscale hotel to give your guest a great experience! Things like good, clean, comfy rooms and a little southern hospitality truly go a long way again thank you.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here to visit my son at Ft. Benning this past weekend. Valery at the front desk was very professional and very pleasant to speak with. She called my room to see how my stay was and if I was comfortable with my room, if I needed anything to call her. I will defiantly stay there again for my son's graduation next month : )

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Lgarc43

Hello and thank you Lgarc43! Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and your stay! You have choices when looking for a hotel in Columbus and we thank you for giving us a try! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Working out of town, this is the best hotel to stay. Rooms are always clean and the staff is wonderful. I have been very pleased with the hotel and their staff ( especially with Valeri Pollard). I would and have recommended this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Great location