“A great place to stay”

Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Radcliff, Kentucky
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stay here quite often,the staff is excellent they will go out of there way to make you feel right at home.
I would and have recommended this hotel to others,If you want a place to stay where you feel like your staying with family this is the place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
EconoFB, Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thanks Gary S! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write a review on our hotel and tell us about your stay. We all work hard to ensure every guest has a great experience and that they feel welcomed at our property and in the Columbus/Ft. Benning area. We consider ourselves your home away from home.Thanks!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Econo Lodge. I was in town for my brother's wedding and having a great clean room to sleep in really made the weekend better. The staff was friendly and professional. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family and I look forward to staying at this hotel again when I visit this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
EconoFB, Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you Anthony I.! Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and your stay! Quality, security and satisfaction are what we aim to provide to all of our guests visiting our hotel and we are all very happy to hear that we met those standards with your stay.
Be sure to stop by again and we will be happy to meet the same standards for your stay again in the future!
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Econo Lodge and with the help of Stephanie, Tamako these young lady's help make my stay great if it was not for them I could have not gotten around in that town I was a visitor and I was able to enjoy the site because of these young lady Thanks for the kind and warm treatment

I will be back again

Room Tip: It was all good Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thanks Tammy R.! Southern hospitality is what we do at Econo Lodge Fort Benning and I am glad to hear we all made you a part of that. We would like to take the chance to say thank you.We aim to please and your review shows that we did just that. Thanks so much and y'all come back now!
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I would like to say my stay here was grrrrrrreat!! I reserved room ahead of time. When I arrived to check in they told me check in wasn't til 3:00. But, they would see if they had a room ready. I asked about down stairs room they said I didn't reserve a down stairs room. I told them that I needed a down stairs room. I have to say I wasn't a happy person, I was tired, been on the road a long time with 4 lil ones 5 and under and 3 adults I was very upset. But, they were very polite and professional and also came up with a down stairs room. I was very happy with my stay. Very clean and nice rooms. Thank you for not pinching my head off for being such a [--]!!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you Popbottlequeen! We all appreciate you taking the time out of your day to fill out a survey for us and help rate our hotel. We are glad to have had you at our property and with such nice things to say we hope to have you come back in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Me and my Husband stayed at this hotel in June of 2012 to visit or son who is stationed at Ft. Benning. This is definitely the closest hotel to Ft Benning. That is about the only thing good about the hotel. We payed $100.00 to stay at a hotel that to me should of been more like $60.00. The area is not very nice at all. The hotel is located next to a self storage area that almost looks like abandoned property. The outdoor pool was very small, and had very limited seating. All they had was about 8 metal chairs. The morning breakfast sausage was so greasy I was sick to my stomach after eating it. They say there is a fridge and microwave in each room, but our fridge did not even get cold after being on over night. We had brought a lap top with so we could check out things to do while we were there, but had to leave the room and walk to the other side of the building and set the computer on a garbage can to get the wifi to work.The TV was old and was in a cabinet that we had to prop the doors open with a chair so they would not obstruct our view while watching. The room itself was fairly clean and the beds were ok. I have stayed at quite a few hotels and needless to say was very disappointed at this hotel for the price we were charged.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HelloDMK63. I thank you for you candid response about our hotel. For that I extend my most sincere apologies. Its opinions like yours that help us make the adjustments necessary to please all of our guests and give as much as we can to make everyone's experience as pleasant as possible. Thanks again for your response!
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2012

For the price ($65 per night), I'd have to say that it was just okay. The room was clean. There was no bad smell when we walked in. But you could tell that the lodge is really old, and in need of some serious renovations. The pool area was small and a bit depressing. The outside look of the lodge was old, and kind of shabby looking, but its an Econolodge, so I wasn't expecting something extravagant. They have conjoining rooms with the doors connecting to the room next door, which is annoying, because you can hear everything that goes on in the next room. And there is this fly in my room, that I just cant seem to kill. I don't know if it came in when we opened the door, or if it's just been living in here since the last people left. The positive things about the hotel is that it has a free breakfast, also the front desk clerk called our room after we checked in to make sure we had everything, and I thought that was very different and nice. Even when I stayed in the upscale Royal Plaza Hotel, I didn't get a courtesy call, so I was pleased with that. The best thing about the room was the awesome shower head, and the water pressure. Overall, its an okay hotel. I don't see how they received an award for top choice hotel, but maybe those voting had never experienced anything better.

Room Tip: They are basically all the same.
, Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Hello RLIoyd 992., I thank you for you candid response about our hotel. Its opinions like yours that help us make the adjustments necessary to please all of our guests and give as much as we can to make everyone's experience as pleasant as possible. Thanks again for your response!
El Monte, California
Reviewed June 19, 2012

First and foremost , front desk staff were very nice and kind ! They were very accommodating and helpful when it came to my questions regarding places where to eat and visit , and directions to and from the base. Their location is sssooooo convenient as well because it's very close to the base ! Room was very neat and clean . Overall, I definitely enjoyed my stay here and will be coming back !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DelaTorre1218
, Manager at Econo Lodge at Ft. Benning, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Hello Dela Torre 1218 and thanks for the review!! We were all happy to have you and your family at our hotel while visiting your soilder ! Welcome to the area! Our staff are all committed to guest service and we're not happy until your happy, here's to fresh coffee! Thanks again for your review Dele Torre 1218!