Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport
Ranked #35 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel/ motel was terrible. The toilet did not work when I arrived and no one came to fix it until the next morning. The internet never work at all, and the room had a funny smell. I am glad I was there without the family. I would not stay there if I had brought my family with me. It reminds me of a truck stop hotel/motel. I was suppose to stay for three days, but I cut it short.. I ask to be refunded because nothing work, and they said they could not....I thought the customer should have been satisfied.. I will never stay here again or recommend this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.....
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we were not able to repair the toilet in your room in a timely manner. We do take pride in being diligent in correcting problems that a guest may have, and I'm sorry we failed in doing so this time. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will try to have a quicker turn around next time an issue arises to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We are currently in the process of upgrading our internet . I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at CAP@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I would say this is a motel not a hotel. The "lobby" is an area you are able to walk into from the outside. The hospitality clerks are behind a countertop. They were efficient enough as far as check in. All rooms are entered from the exterior of the building.

I will say even though the "hotel" was full it was quite. We didn't hear others above, below or beside us so that was nice.

There were network issues with using the wifi on more than one occasion. The first time I called the gal said they would see if resetting a modem would help. I waited quite awhile had to call back told they hadn't been able to get to it yet, I asked for a courtesy call back when they had accomplished resetting the modem, the call never came. The next night when I needed to use wifi it wasn't working again I called and was given some 877 number I didn't even bother with.

One morning I walked in to get some coffee, there was some sort of discussion between employees taking place that should not have continued in front of a guest. Very unprofessional.

Some of the linens had stains on them and there were some minor maintenance issues with some peeling material in the kitchenette area, and cracks in the bathroom sink, no exhaust fan in the bathroom.

The kitchenette has the bare minimums, one fry pan, one pot, 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 glasses, 2 coffee mugs, 2 knives...etc.

Overall I suppose for the price point it is what should be expected. Grab and go breakfast offered in the lobby, fruit, instant oatmeal, coffee, muffins.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies that the WiFi was not working properly, the linens in your room were unclean and for the way our staff was behaving behind the front desk. In response to your feedback, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning standards and I am coaching the entire staff on how to act when visible to guests.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at CAP@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place is a DIVE. The toilet didn't flush, air was not on so room didn't cool down until 3am. WiFi never worked even after call to front desk. Saw a drug deal going down as the elevator doors closed. Room was supposed to be non-smoking but smelled horrible.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am actively working on a process to be able to recognize maintenance issues and get them reported, so that they can be dealt with before the guest arrives at the hotel. As well, please know, our hotel does not condone illegal activity of any kind. A situation was reported to us and we immediately took action, ensuring the safety of all of our guests. I apologize if this inconvenienced you in any way.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at cap@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were very impressed with staff. Our room was not available for the first night. Management went out of their way to find us a room at another hotel just around the corner. Stayed at ESA the second night. Rooms are older but clean, area was quiet. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Angie - It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasurable stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding how well the staff took care of you. It brings us joy knowing that we were able to make such a good impression with a valued guest, like yourself.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had reservations at the other ESA in town but had to change when the dates of our stay shifted. Was "lucky" we got there before the lobby is locked but was not about to use that nasty elevator a second time. The dead bug embedded in the blanket, the non-working kitchen electric plug, the jacked-up toilet and towels that were more like an emery cloth were nasty enough. The location next to the highway with no noise reduction and gaps around the door meant it was very noisy - of course the residents honking for attention, yelling down to the parking lot and exercising above us made for many early AM wake-ups. It was cheap - boy, was it cheap.

Room Tip: The front doesn't get as much highway noise and, if you can handle the stairs, 3rd floor avoids...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have implemented new procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cap@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

So, I've been to many ESA's around the country. This particular one seems to have too many "permanent" residents, so you can imagine the fabulous environment that creates. This was by far the loudest, poorly-managed, and most-uncomfortable one ever. It was way over-priced too for an ESA! Loud kids everywhere, smokers all around, and like some other ESAs the walls are paper-thin and rattle whenever somebody so much as sneezes two rooms away from yours. I was in a "non-smoking" room while the one right next to me was "smoking" (poor managerial decision - and both were at the end of the building so that's just stupid). The fumes would not only go through the windows and door, but also through the walls. The queen-style suite was much smaller than the usual ones I'm used to at other ESAs. Was there for a month, and am very happy to be done with this "hotel" (and this overall nasty town, too - sorry). I do have to add that the one front office lady that I dealt with was very professional and nice, also......ergh, no thats about it about this place.... Good luck!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that your one-month stay did not meet your expectations. To uphold our company's high standards, we are working to improve our housekeeping services and the way we place guests throughout the hotel, specifically smokers vs. non-smokers.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at cap@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had reserved a block of rooms for a special family celebration in a restaurant next to this property. While we did not expect quality of the Ritz, we certainly did not expect the worst of all possible properties. The staff attitudes and rudeness only added to a terrible experience. We have advised the restaurant (The Buckhead Bar and Grill in Columbus, which is exceptionally fabulous, friendly, and of a high caliber) that they shouldn't refer anyone asking about nearby accommodations to this motel. We travel extensively, staying in all kinds of properties. This is hands-down the absolute worst - - terrible condition of hotel, the surliness of staff - - we have ever stayed in. All of our relatives (10 rooms in all) had the same reaction to this property. We would sleep in the car before we would ever consider staying here again.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. The location of the hotel is good only because there are several other hot...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family