“very good”

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed October 7, 2012

i have stay in super 8 hotels in various cities and this one has been the worse one i have stay in ,the sofa was dirty and stain,box spring on bed stain,sheets on bed look like they had not been change,the rug in rm.was really dirty with stains. Really price great but the cleaniness of the rooms and bed were not acceptable

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The location and the price are great for us since we have to drive between For Benning and the malls during our three nights' stay. So we booked there. Its third level and fourth level are better than the first level. We found roaches there. Room 401's sofa and chair are very dirty and the fabric were broken and teared, and the one leg of the coffee table is loosen . Out of the bad situation, the front desk lady was super sweet so we decided to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I needed a cheap motel for a night before heading to Ft Benning so I chose the Super 8. BAD IDEA! First I booked a guaranteed non smoking room, but I guess those don't actually exist here. The receptionist was smoking when I walked in to the hotel and all of my luggage smelled of smoke the next morning. I asked for an hour extenstion before checking out but they wouldn't give it to me. The motel was also very loud as they were doing construction late in to the night in the rooms next to mine. To geive them credit, the bed was alright and the AC worked. But the "breakfast" was a joke. All they had were expired rock-hard mini bagels and juice, no bananas, waffles, anything you might expect at a similar motel. Spend the extra $5-15 and stay at a decent hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My family and I traveled from Calif. cause our son was graduating from Ft. Benning and if I ever have to go back to Columbus I wont stay here, room was filthy and stunk, bed was uncomfortable, Our first room the toilet wouldn't flush, turned the water on to the toilet then it flooded, the breakfast they offer, a joke, dirt in the corners of the bathroom,the whole placed smelled, no elevator, had to drag our heavy suit case up to the 4th floor, looked like a place where welfare people lived at, the whole place needs to be torn down and rebuilt and up dated, the staff was very kind and very helpful on how to get us to Ft. Benning. I work hard for my money and will never stay at that Super 8 again if I have to go back to Columbus Georgia.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Annette D
ysegal, General Manager at Super 8 Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

I would like to offer my apologizes that your room was anything less than perfect. We want to ensure that each guest has a positive experience by giving them excellent service and a clean room.

I will address the issues you had with my staff as we use these responses to make ourselves better. Again I am sorry we feel short of your expectations.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to Columbus.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I spend 10000 wyndham points for a stay. But after we have seen two rooms, it was not possible to stay here. The way to the rooms (2. floor) was full of dirt. Spots over spots at the carpet. And then the rooms (after no. 1 we ask to see another room): Spots over spots at the carpet and the blanket. The pillows are dirty and spots ob blood (it seems so) INSIDE the pillows. It was a risk for our health to stay here. Only the staff (a friendly girl) was rated 1A.

Don ´t stay here never - never - never. A bad image for the Wyndham- group. We also send a letter to the president.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Traveler_Bewerter
ysegal, General Manager at Super 8 Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by the appearance of the hotels carpets and bedding. We try to take steps to ensure that the carpets and bedding are clean, but apparently we fell short.

I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you. The feedback that you provided is appreciated because we know it will only make us better. I have contacted Wyndham and asked to refund your points back to your account.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to Columbus, Ga.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

The lady who checked us in was extreemly nice and friendly and worked us out a special rate for our stay! The price was awesome, that is what got us to stay with two rooms for two nights but the hotel really needs some renovating, like new carpet, it was obviously dirty, and no elevator is not so good when you have to go to the third floor with kids and all their luggage. The second night we were woke up twice by loud people yelling and slamming doors in the hall way, not sure if this was just a one time thing or if this is a regular occurance at this hotel. Overall it was ok, the price was the best thing about it, if you are looking for nice and clean or great service....it's not the place to stay.

Room Tip: Reccommend rooms on the first or second floor due to no elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business