“Don't stay here...”

Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Modesto, California
“Don't stay here...”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My family and I traveled from Calif. cause our son was graduating from Ft. Benning and if I ever have to go back to Columbus I wont stay here, room was filthy and stunk, bed was uncomfortable, Our first room the toilet wouldn't flush, turned the water on to the toilet then it flooded, the breakfast they offer, a joke, dirt in the corners of the bathroom,the whole placed smelled, no elevator, had to drag our heavy suit case up to the 4th floor, looked like a place where welfare people lived at, the whole place needs to be torn down and rebuilt and up dated, the staff was very kind and very helpful on how to get us to Ft. Benning. I work hard for my money and will never stay at that Super 8 again if I have to go back to Columbus Georgia.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Annette D
ysegal, General Manager at Super 8 Columbus Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
I would like to offer my apologizes that your room was anything less than perfect. We want to ensure that each guest has a positive experience by giving them excellent service and a clean room.

I will address the issues you had with my staff as we use these responses to make ourselves better. Again I am sorry we feel short of your expectations.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to Columbus.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I spend 10000 wyndham points for a stay. But after we have seen two rooms, it was not possible to stay here. The way to the rooms (2. floor) was full of dirt. Spots over spots at the carpet. And then the rooms (after no. 1 we ask to see another room): Spots over spots at the carpet and the blanket. The pillows are dirty and spots ob blood (it seems so) INSIDE the pillows. It was a risk for our health to stay here. Only the staff (a friendly girl) was rated 1A.

Don ´t stay here never - never - never. A bad image for the Wyndham- group. We also send a letter to the president.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Traveler_Bewerter
ysegal, General Manager at Super 8 Columbus Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by the appearance of the hotels carpets and bedding. We try to take steps to ensure that the carpets and bedding are clean, but apparently we fell short.

I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you. The feedback that you provided is appreciated because we know it will only make us better. I have contacted Wyndham and asked to refund your points back to your account.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to Columbus, Ga.
Leesburg, ga
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The lady who checked us in was extreemly nice and friendly and worked us out a special rate for our stay! The price was awesome, that is what got us to stay with two rooms for two nights but the hotel really needs some renovating, like new carpet, it was obviously dirty, and no elevator is not so good when you have to go to the third floor with kids and all their luggage. The second night we were woke up twice by loud people yelling and slamming doors in the hall way, not sure if this was just a one time thing or if this is a regular occurance at this hotel. Overall it was ok, the price was the best thing about it, if you are looking for nice and clean or great service....it's not the place to stay.

Room Tip: Reccommend rooms on the first or second floor due to no elevator.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Toilets in 2 rooms leaked all over floors - stinks - smoking and non smoking rooms next to each other. Locks pulled off both doors - carpets worn thru- honeybuns for breakfast!

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Cksr
ysegal, General Manager at Super 8 Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
houston
Reviewed October 28, 2009

My husband & I stayed at Super 8 Wednesday - Saturday morning. The hotel STINKS literally, the carpet is sooooo gross, when your walking through the halls it feels like the carpet is layed over holes in the floor, when room service brought our "CLEAN" towels they had a live roach & her egg along with them, Wed - Thur. wasn't bad as far as the noise but come Friday night it was door slamming & yelling constantly & paryting ALL night long!!! So if none of the above bothers you then yes this hotel is for you but if it does then please keep looking and DON'T stay here. We were there for our son's Graduation at Fort Benning & was told not to stay on Victory Dr.(which is closest to base) due to problems like the one's listed above so we choose to go a little out of the area & actually did worst!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jennleona
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Columbus Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2009
Please accept my personal apologies for your unpleasant experience as a guest at the Super 8 in Columbus, GA. We appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into.

Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you. We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity if and when your travels bring you back to Columbus, GA.
iowa
Reviewed August 16, 2009

do not like sleeping in the same room with mice......dogs barking....man and woman fighting in hallway all hours .....very dirty ,run down , smells, very cheap breakfast bar...staff was nice and very respectful at all times......

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank bolo_9
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Columbus Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2009
Thank you for completing a review for our hotel.

I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. The feedback that you provided is appreciated because we know it will only make us better.

I wish to apologize for the situation that occurred during your stay with us. At Super 8 we take pride in providing our guests with a pleasant and comfortable stay. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call if and when your travels bring you back to Columbus, GA.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2006

This hotel was clean, VERY comfortable, and secure. We were looking for an inexpensive hotel for the evening, as we tarryed to long on our way to Charleston, SC and really needed to stay the night. As I was filling up the gas tank, there across the highway was the Super 8 sign.I called reservations and booked their last room. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient and we were in a nice clean room quickly. Our beds were very comfortable, the A/C worked great (yes A/C in Feb), and the next morning we were very well rested. The check-out was quick and i would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed February 2006