“My new go-to hotel for local guests!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I rented two rooms for out-of-town wedding guests, and they had nothing but raves for this hotel. Clean, quiet, and very comfortable. I followed the advice of an earlier review and got rooms away from the dumpsters. My mother was thrilled with the friendliness of the front-desk staff and the bar personnel; she felt very welcome. My daughter, husband, and son were also complimentary.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CSGDTGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

On behalf of the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbus GA, we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to accommodate you. We know you have many options when traveling to Columbus and we are pleased and proud that you chose us.

We could not have been more excited to read your review. It is truly our goal each and every day to meet and exceed your expectations. We love nothing more than making you feel like Doubletree by Hilton Columbus is your local home away from home!

Again, thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Columbus GA as your home away from home in Columbus. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Staff is professional and top notch. Rooms are clean and well maintained. My only problem was that for 2 nights in a row I slept very little because the Friday night there was a college FB team in the hotel and most were on the 2nd floor where I was located. They were running the halls being loud and obnoxious. Then Saturday Night there was a HS BB tournement which the hotel was filled with HS aged boys being loud and obnoxious.

Room Tip: Find out if there are sports teams in the hotel, then ask to be as far away as possible if you need...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
CSGDTGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

We could not have been more excited to read your review. It is truly our goal each and every day to meet and exceed your expectations and we are truly sorry about the sports teams in house that weekend. We love nothing more than making you feel like Doubletree by Hilton Columbus is your local home away from home!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our stay began with the most professional warm welcome and very effecient staff with the manager who conversed in german with us.(delightful suprise). The hotel is Hilton quality with beautiful up-scale decor and ammenities. The cleanliness is superb and refreshing with housekeeping staff who are professional and happy to ensure your room is well in order. Overall, all staff are very professional, helpful, and welcoming. This hotel has an excellent restaurant/bar attached with quality service and meals. The breakfast is a great way to begin your day with smiling faces to serve your meal. Highly recommend this hotel for a great comfortable stay. My wife and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VicElizBaker_WV
CSGDTGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Staff about fell over themselves to be helpful and pleasant. Rooms were very nice, well appointed and very clean. I thought it was very fairly priced. I have stayed in some pretty nasty places for the same money.

Room Tip: Our room was next to the elevator. Not as quiet as I would have liked but not the hotel's fault...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
CSGDTGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Always stay here when traveling in this area. Notthe Ritz, but for small town , you cant beat it Clean, updated rooms and very friendly staff. Be sure to ask for a room away from dumpsters since early morning pick-up can be noisy if you want to sleep in. There us a Hoolihans restaraunt connected to hotel and it is great place for dinner, cocktails, or breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012
CSGDTGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was very impressed by this Doubletree. The staff was very kind and welcoming. The room was comfortable and well appointed, although the bathroom is a bit small. Very comfortable bed and the sofa has ottomans making it great for dining and working. I'll be back here a few more times and will make this my base when in Columbus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was on a business trip to Ft. Benning and this is by far the nicest Doubltree in which I have stayed. I was greeted with a smile, my reservation was ready and I was in my room within 5 minutes. Everytime I returned from a day's work or came back from dinner, someone at the front desk said, "Welcome back." The housekeeping service left the room imaculate each day and even lft the requested coffee and creamers I had asked for. I had a little trouble logging into the hotel wireless system with my government laptop but the hotel technology staff pleasantly walked me through my issue. Breakfast was always a pleasant way to start my day. If I ever have to return to this area, I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
CSGDTGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012