“Great Stay”

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great Stay at this property. Room was quiet, comfortable, clean and up-to-date. Bed was a bit hard and was disappointed that there were no in-room movies. Price was reasonable and included breakfast. We chose the buffet for a quick meal, but could have ordered from the menu. Excellent selection on the buffet; bacon (a little greasy but it's bacon!), sausage (weird taste), scrambled eggs(good), grits(didn't try), excellent oatmeal (brown sugar, craisins, etc), large bread/muffin/bagel selection, yogurt, really good fresh fruit, several juices, and DH reports good coffee. Liked the location; close to shopping, restaurants, airport and downtown attractions only 10-15 minutes away. Went to movies at theater that cost $2.50 a person on Fri/Sat nights! Sweet. Would definately stay here again. Oh, don't forget to ask for your fresh cookies and get some of that cold refreshing lemon water in the cooler by reception.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CSGDTGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
On behalf of the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbus GA, we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to accommodate you. We know you have many options when traveling to Columbus and we are pleased and proud that you chose us.

We could not have been more excited to read your review. It is truly our goal each and every day to meet and exceed your expectations, but we are so glad that you have bought these issues to our attention. I have forwarded your list of concerns to the appropriate department to be corrected.

Again, thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Columbus GA as your home away from home in Columbus. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to the entire staff at Doubletree Hotel for assisting me with the Jones Family Reunion July 6-8, 2012.

The catering manager Ms. Terry and her team did an AWESOME job this weekend.

Thank you Meredith for all your help and support along with successfully granting me all my special request.

The entire family was pleased with the services Doubletree provided. I received so many praises for the facility, the staff, the accommodations and everything Double Tree offered.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE ENTIRE DOUBLETREE STAFF!!!

The reunion and entire weekend was a SUCCESS!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Ms Chambers,

On behalf of the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbus GA, we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to accommodate your family reunion. We know you have many options when traveling to Columbus and we are pleased and proud that you chose us.

Again, thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Columbus GA as your home away from home in Columbus. We certainly look forward to having you and your family stay with us in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There seems to be a bit of a problem keeping the hallways cool but their air conditioning was working but just didn't seem to keep the hallways cool or the elevators. The air conditioning in the room seemed to work but also appeared to change in the middle of the night and the room got uncomfortable until I got up and adjusted the thermostat.The carpet was soiled somewhat but not overly. There was a refrigerator in the room. Handy when traveling with youngsters. The pool was small but maintained. There were two family reunions going on but no one was excessively noisy. The Houlihans restaurant was right next door, the tappas I ordered were just okay. I didn't feel the one young lady at the desk was very customer friendly. I stood at the counter while she was on the phone and she never acknowledged me while I waited patiently. The young men that worked that Sunday morning were very friendly and helpful in our search for breakfast food. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on the upper level but it appears that all the rooms face the pool which is nice.

Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was ready to give up on Hilton Hotels until I stayed here! I travel 15-20 times per year and choose Hilton properties 95% of the time. My last 10 experiences have been terrible at OTHER properties. ("Full Hilton properties") We had to visit a relative @ Fort Benning and chose this property. Our room was wonderful, the service was amazing, and the property was clean. I wish EVERY Hilton property was as refreshing as this one was. It was very refreshing! For those looking to visit Fort Benning like we were, it's 8 miles, but takes about 15 minutes to get to base. You can get on and off of 185 easily from the hotel. You also have easy access to all of the shopping areas from the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a high floor away from the elevator. Pool side has a better view. This has easy access to 185...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, July 5, 2012

We could not have been more excited to read your review. It is truly our goal each and every day to meet and exceed your expectations. We love nothing more than making you feel like Doubletree by Hilton Columbus is your local home away from home!

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I travel often and stay in Hilton hotels at least 30-40 days a year. This hotel is not quite up to the "Hilton standard." The pool was a milky white color and you can't even see the bottom. The hot tub has not been open the first 9 days I have been here. The ice machine on my floor is broken, and while I know this happens, was broken the day I arrived, and continues on day 9. The worst part of my stay so far is the fact that if any room near me turns on their faucet/shower/or flushes their toilet, it is so loud it wakes me from my sleep. There are obviously some issues with the actual building itself. This is not what I expect from a Hilton property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
On behalf of the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbus, we thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we did. We know you have many options when traveling to Columbus and we are pleased and proud that you chose us.

We always appreciate a glowing review, but are so glad that you have brought this issue to our attention. Please feel free to contact us via email at Alan.Kiel@Hilton.com so we may get some additional information so we may rectify this issue for the future. I have forwarded your list of concerns to the appropriate departments to be corrected.

Again, thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Columbus as your home away from home in Columbus. We certainly hope you will grant us the chance to meet and exceed your expectations in the future!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I am a very well traveled businessman and I typically look to Hilton for consitancy and quality. This property was a disgrace to the Hilton brand. It looked great from the outside but I have stayed in MUCH cheaper hotels with better quality. First I booked a non-smoking room. They put me in a smoking room that was so bad that my eyes watered. When I complained, the girl at the front desk that had on a jacket 6 sizes too big and looked like she hadn't showered in a week, simply said that she was sorry that they were sold out so she couldn't move me. When I got to the room, they left me a nice letter but didn't bother to turn the a/c on and my room was 80 degrees!! I was sweating like a pig until it cooled down a couple of hours later. I can understand conservation of energy but they could have at least set the thermostat on 75. The bathroom as not clean, the carpet had burn marks, the satelite for the TV would not pick up local channels. The gym had broken, rusty and missing equipment!! I was simply blown away at the lack of professionalism, lack of quality and overall cleanliness. I will book at at Comfort Inn before I ever wast my money on this crappy hotel. Be adviced you can't judge this book by it's cover. I am sending this complaint to Hilton as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris55138
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, June 22, 2012

Reviewed June 17, 2012

The room was spacious and clean. The restaurant was fantastic and the hotel staff were very friendly.

• Stayed July 2011
CSGDTGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, June 18, 2012