“Wish I could move in...........”

La Quinta Inn Columbus Fort Benning
Ranked #37 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Wish I could move in...........”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Back in May we went to Columbus to watch my brother graduate from Boot Camp. Six of us stayed in two rooms at this location and I cannot give you enough praise. Your staff was fantastic. The maids were ridiculously sweet. One day my son left his dinosaurs out on the floor. When we came back the maid has not only made our room immaculate but she lined up all his dinosaurs on the table as if they were on parade. My son absolutely loved it. One morning we ran late for breakfast one morning and the staff was nice enough to wait an extra fifteen minutes. I thought the noise level was going to be a problem since all rooms open to the outdoor, but I couldn't even hear family in the next room. The beds were divine and the sheets were cool, crisp, and soft. And the water pressure was heaven after driving in a car for 24 hours. I cannot say one bad thing- I did not even miss the fact that the pool was closed. This place compares to stays I have had at four-star hotels. Even my aunt, who only stays at hotels like the Hilton and Hyatt, loved that she had clean sheets every day. i was sad to leave and come home. If the staff at this location ever manages and apartment building I will move in right away.

Room Tip: If you plan on coming and going from your room often stay on the first floor like we did. Or if you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Because of some business issues we stayed here 21 nights. A lot of Ft Benning family visitors stay here. Convenient to the highway (I-185) and 10 minutes from uptown Columbus (visit the Riverwalk !) Hotel is off to the side of a large shopping mall and not at all a scenic location but, it was very convenient to everything (including restaurants) that we needed. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Not a vacation destination but very good for out purposes at that time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Do not stay here! Came for my boyfriends graduation from boot camp. My bf's sister and friend, with their babies had a room down the hall from mine and my parents. Had their door cracked so the friend could run ask me a question (literally took 5min) at 7am broad daylight, while the sister was in the room drying her hair and 2 babies sleeping, someone walked in and stole her baby bag with everything in it...cameras, credit cards, wallet!!!! Broad daylight!!! Then the next morning, had gotten my own room cause my bf was supposed to be ale to stay, 7am again someone comes banging on my door!!! Begging for $!!! Lots of people just roaming this hotel looking or handouts. Motel is located next to a shopping center but not worth dealing with the crime. Also I did not see ANY security the entire stay even after cops were called about the theft. Will never stay here again and suggest you stay away fom this area for you and your families safety!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank Nicole S
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Needs larger sign to find hotel by Longhorn & Denny's. Very Friendly staff. Stayed with dog. Painting exterior little inconvenient avoiding wet paint. Great night sleep, super quiet, comfy pilltop beds.

• Stayed May 2013
Saucier, Mississippi
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Upon arrival, the very first thing i noticed was how conveniently located this hotel is. A wide variety of restaurants, shopping and not very far from Ft. Benning. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. And the bed was extremely comfortable! What would have made this a better stay would have been if the room would have had a mini fridge and/or a microwave. Also, if I were to stay here in the future, I would definitely request a room that did not face the road. No matter how comfortable a bed is, it's hard to sleep with delivery trucks delivering in the wee hours of the morning outside your window, and all of the traffic driving by.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back would be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 24, 2013

As frequent guests of La Quinta we are very aware that some are better than others. We booked this location for a one night stay and were pleasantly surprised. For the price paid we weren't expecting much, but it appears they may be renovating this location as much of the hotel looked new. Appreciate the location, right off the hwy and next to a Publix shopping center (we even made some great purchases at the Goodwill located in the center!). Terrific front desk service, clean well-stocked breakfast area, would recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple