“Ft Benning graduation”

Pensacola, Florida, USA
Reviewed May 13, 2013

1  Thank A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The rooms were clean & the staff seemed pleasant. But we watched hookers & their clients conduct "business" for our entire stay. There were several shady people staying here. This was our third trip to Columbus & our third hotel chain. This will be the last time at this hotel. Not really would I want my family exposed to & feel very uneasy about my safety.

1  Thank Laura E
Reviewed May 6, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
A TripAdvisor Member
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great place to stay...convenient to fields as well as restaurants....2nd time that I stayed at this hotel for softball tournament.....It was sold out....The rooms were clean and the value was right on for a great weekend in Columbus.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
A La Quinta traveler
Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Reviewed April 30, 2013

1  Thank KittiekatBrooklyn_NY
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family and I stayed at this location for my son's graduation in Fort Benning. Let me tell you besides my online reservation and pre-arrival experience, the service at this location is way below satisfactory. The staff there shows no care in customer service it is just a job to them. The communication is next to and beyond terrible. I had checked in and paid for 2 nights and was paying for the third night the morning of. Well when I returned from visiting my son I was locked out of my room. No warning no notification no nothing, Went to the office to express my disbelief and was not given no apology or nothing evening though they had two credit cards on file. Now I had read the reviews prior to staying at this establishment and figure well maybe they got their act together - wrong - I am going to listen next time. While straightening out that day to get back in to the room (with all our belongings in there) all I kept saying is what if they put it in the system that the room was empty and and gave it so someone else. In the break area they had a vase low enough to be reached by a 1 year old and or a pet. The vase got broken by accident by my grandson and the lady there was more concerned about the property and it being paid for then the welfare of my son based on the location of the item. Had they not locked me out of my room I would not have had to be there and the vase would be fine. Thank god my grandson was ok. Needless to say the lady was suppose to inform me if a charge will be applied to me and guess what that never happen. But they quickly took $150. out of my account and did not leave a note in the room at least under the door. Nothing -- so if you can deduct that from my account why couldn't that be done before deactivating the key card to the room. This property is a great location and if they improved the attitudes of the staff - management and others as well as the other service crew this would be a fair establishment. My family and I will not visit this location anymore in the near to far future. I am going to try one in PA to see if the service is as poor as GA and if it is LaQuinta needs to close nationwide.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from parking lot or streets are a little quieter.