“Poor Service”

Ranked #38 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Poor Service”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family and I stayed at this location for my son's graduation in Fort Benning. Let me tell you besides my online reservation and pre-arrival experience, the service at this location is way below satisfactory. The staff there shows no care in customer service it is just a job to them. The communication is next to and beyond terrible. I had checked in and paid for 2 nights and was paying for the third night the morning of. Well when I returned from visiting my son I was locked out of my room. No warning no notification no nothing, Went to the office to express my disbelief and was not given no apology or nothing evening though they had two credit cards on file. Now I had read the reviews prior to staying at this establishment and figure well maybe they got their act together - wrong - I am going to listen next time. While straightening out that day to get back in to the room (with all our belongings in there) all I kept saying is what if they put it in the system that the room was empty and and gave it so someone else. In the break area they had a vase low enough to be reached by a 1 year old and or a pet. The vase got broken by accident by my grandson and the lady there was more concerned about the property and it being paid for then the welfare of my son based on the location of the item. Had they not locked me out of my room I would not have had to be there and the vase would be fine. Thank god my grandson was ok. Needless to say the lady was suppose to inform me if a charge will be applied to me and guess what that never happen. But they quickly took $150. out of my account and did not leave a note in the room at least under the door. Nothing -- so if you can deduct that from my account why couldn't that be done before deactivating the key card to the room. This property is a great location and if they improved the attitudes of the staff - management and others as well as the other service crew this would be a fair establishment. My family and I will not visit this location anymore in the near to far future. I am going to try one in PA to see if the service is as poor as GA and if it is LaQuinta needs to close nationwide.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from parking lot or streets are a little quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for my son in laws graduation from Ft. Benning and was very pleased. The hotel was clean and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. Everything from donuts to steak houses within walking distance which was nice. The only gripes I had was being a heavy coffee drinker the two little miniscule cups in the room just were not enough especially the morning I had to be on base by 4 A.M. and the breakfast area did not open til 6. The breakfast area was a it cramped when it got busy in the mornings and while it was not the hotel's fault some of the guests were very pushy and rude. All in all I would stay there again. They do need to put an option when booking through the web site for military discounts. My daughter booked our rooms for three nights and did not recieve the discount. For a military family on a budget that was crucial.

1 Thank aladude2010
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was surprised at the cleanliness and upscale decor at this recently renovated hotel. All the employees were very hospitable. There is so much within walking distance of this hotel! You don't even need to get back in your car!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great price, outstanding service. Slightly older property completely refurbished with access to Interstates and Columbus Downtown area. Clean as a pin. Accepts a well behaved, clean, quiet, trained 4-legged friends.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Real nice place to stay service was nice rooms were great beds were really comfortable great breakfast great price will come and stay again and recommend to other friends and family nice tv in rooms great channels great costumer service.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Only problem was not having a fridg. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was fantastic! We booked a room for our next trip down there and ask for the same room again since it was close to some nice places to eat and shop.