“The Time of My Life”

La Quinta Inn Columbus Fort Benning
Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My son & I really enjoyed our stay at the La Quinta Inn Midtown Columbus. The frontdesk women were always very helpful and polite. This was my first trip ever to the mainland & you have made it one to never forget. I came to Columbus to attend my older son's graduation from Fort Benning and I was not ready to come home. I want to thank Takara, Tawana, Terri and the other gilrs for everything. Housekeeping was always accommodating and I can't thank you all enough for making our stay unforgetable....Thank you Thank you Thank you...If ever I'm headed your way, I'm coming back...Thanks a million :)

Room Tip: My room was the best #102 AC super cold, room super clean...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Evette Edlao L

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights last month and have no real complaints to speak of. The staff were all friendly, the rooms were clean, the location was great and the price was right! Can't speak about the continental breakfast because I always missed it. I did see a waffle iron though in the lobby. Close to Fort Benning and to food, restaurants, stores, and other various retail locations. Maybe a bit too close to the Longhorn though, having their back door directly in front of our door.... if only, it could have been a better restaurant....! Mc Donald's is a few feet away as well. There was an old movie theatre behind the hotel but has been closed up for some time now by the looks of it, too bad too, that would have been nice. Water pressure was good, bed was of average comfort. I liked the small restangle table in the room also, it is the perfect size! This was my first time staying at a La Quinta, too bad there aren't as many in the Northeast. I would return for sure.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This motel was just...okay. It was clean enough and in reasonably good repair but just in need of updating. The floor plan of this motel is just like you would find in a LaQuinta from 1970. It has had no major upgrades and yet the rate charged is more on the order of newer La Quintas with more amenities. I brought in a coupon for a better rate and the clerk said they never offered a rate as low as the coupon I showed her. She said it must have been from a coupon book from a couple of years back. I had to bring in the coupon booklet to prove it was current. She then reluctantly gave me the $59 rate. Their current daily normal rate is $79. This is not a bad place to stay but is not even as nice as the average $39 LaQuinta. Perhaps it is just that all Columbus motels can command a higher price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I have to disclose that I am a Platinum level Member for LQ Rewards (Diamond for HHonors too). I had business in Columbus for several days, client had tight budget so I stayed here. It is an older motel styled (exterior doors). The staff was very friendly, and the room was clean, even though it needs an update. Largest complaint is that the room needs a fridge, but I can't complain since the room was under $55 w/ AAA card. All said, It's great for a one or 2 night stay. You have a McD's, Longhorn, & Denny's adjacent to the hotel. So passing through or heading to Ft. Benning for a spell, COME ON IN!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank geo-guy-13
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I'll start by saying this obviously isn't a hotel you would visit just for the heck of it.... It isn't in any kind of remarkable destination by any means however if you happen to need to visit the area and are travelling with animals, it's absolutely perfect. I have 2 labs who are extremely well behaved but never even get a chance at hotels, unless we happen to find one willing to allow them for a ridiculous fee and even then its doubtful they would allow two. This place allowed both for no extra charge which is reason enough alone for me to love it but it was also really clean (older but still clean) and the people were nicer than any staff I've experienced. The surrounding area did not appeal to me but it was convenient that there was a publix right next door and eating places very close by. We were only in town for one night for a wedding so we weren't really looking for things to do. Another great thing about that is the hotel allowed us to leave the dogs in the room as long as we left a cell number so they could call us if necessary, which didn't bother me at all because I knew they would be fine. If you're a dog owner needing a place to stay in the Columbus area (or not a dog owner for that matter) I would most definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Ok, it seems like people from different backgrounds are here, so here's mine.....
I like to stay in nicer hotels when I can, but I'm completely good with a motel to save money. The reviews on here sounded decent, so I went in with low expections. The problem was......I shouldn't have even set them that high. It was HORRIBLE.

The biggest problem was I asked for non-smoking, but they gave me a smoking room. It was incredibly intense in room. I can actually handle smoky places, etc, but within about 10 minutes, my eyes were all puffy and I was coughing. It was BAD. I called to ask if I could be move, but they said they couldn't accommodate, even though I was able to see that they had rooms available. I had to get up in the middle of the night to find SOMETHING. I went to gas station close by and I was going to buy a car air freshoner (probably multiple). The guy actually sold me some incense from his car lol. I gladly bought some and smoked out the hell out of my room. (I don't think fire alarms worked, because it was dense smoke in there as I fired up like 6 at a time with no windows. It actually helped a little more than room by itself.

In the middle of the night, I turned on light to see a little COCKROACH just hanging out on the dresser checking things out. I don't get buggy usually, but it was kind of gross. I can't say if it was mental, but my legs felt itchy in blankets. I bet it was just my mind, because I couldn't see bed bugs or anything. I mean the blankets did look clean. I thought they did a good job with clean, except for heavy smell.

The other posts are accurate with hoodrats hanging out on rails and drinkin their 40s and partying all night. Again, I knew for price, I could deal with that, but keep that in mind. Also, the outside of hotel loooks horrible. I think with my experience of smoke jacking up my senses it gave me an overall bad impression of hotel.

I myself would NEVER stay there again. I will leave your opinions to yourselves.

Oh, it's also true about friendliness of people in front. I thought they were very nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank deherrmm
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Check in was quick and easy. The outside appearance had me hesitant ay first. But once I saw the room I was relieved. My room was clean and smelled fresh. Best were nice and firm. There is a shopping center and restaurants within walking distance. I was very pleased and would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2011