“The Worst Hotel experience of my Life!”

La Quinta Inn Columbus Fort Benning
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 11, 2007

This was the worst experience I have ever had staying at any level of a hotel. First, PLEASE do not stay here if you are down visiting your son or daughter at Fort Benning. Do yourself a favor and book your hotel somewhere else, I would have stayed in Atlanta and drove to Fort Benning for family day if I knew the hotel was going to be this bad. Don't believe the hotel website, this is a Motel with an outdoor entrance accessible by the general public and this is in a very bad section of town with strip mall traffic. In addition there are people living in this hotel full time, therefore they treat it like a home, parties and guests over all night long. I was down with my wife, 2 children and my sons girlfriend, we where kept up all night with yelling and screaming and I mean all night until the sun came up. In the morning we found a used condom, yes thats right a used condom in the hallway near the pool. Forget the pool we saw kids literally standing over the pool urinating in it. The staff never did anything about it. The rooms where dirty and if your looking for a non smoking room, forget it. They say they have them and they even put a nice little sticker on the door, but they are all smoking rooms. The rooms where dirty and bathroom was not clean. Trust me I have traveled many places and I don't need 5 star living, but this place was ridiculous. Book your stay early at another hotel. We paid $79 + tax a night and it was a complete rip off.

• Stayed: November 2007

Reviewed April 9, 2007

This hotel looked nice in the photos, but nothing like the photos let me tell you. The building is old and needs a lot of upgrades. The carpet in the room had stains and was dirty. The bathroom was small. I was looking forward to taking a dip in the pool with my son, which is why I booked the hotel in the first place, but I was extremely disgusted to see a dirty diaper in the pool. Ugh!!! disgusting!!! and when I went to go inform one of the employees, they didn't seem to care. This hotel needs building maintenance, better cleaning services, and responsible, respecatable, and understanding employess. I do NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, TRUST me this place is a total dump! The photos on Hotel.com are a complete scam, it doesn't look nothing like the photos. I was suppose to stay there for two days, but I checked out a day early because I couldn't stand the place. It's a dump and I don't recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank zoila45
Reviewed February 9, 2007

This was great location for visiting Fort Benning for boot camp graduation. Our entire family was originally booked at the Days Inn on Victory; after seeing the place, everyone wanted to leave immediately. We got a great rate at this LaQuinta. It felt safe, the rooms were clean, and it was conveniently located to dining and shopping (there's a supermarket and drug store next door). Best of all, the front desk staff was terrific and extremely helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank CaliforniaHoosier
Reviewed November 28, 2006

I stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend while visiting my boyfriend at Fort Benning. The hotel is convenient to the highway, and has a Publix grocery store next door. There is an outdoor pool and free breakfast. We requested a microwave and fridge for our room, which was great. The staff was very friendly. There is a Denny's and Little Ceasers in the immediate area. The hotel was fine for the $59 a night rate I recieved.

Reviewed October 12, 2006

This is an old motel, now operating as LaQuinta. It's apparently a popular motel for the location, as I believe it was sold out the night I was there. I found out the next morning that I was charged a premium rate for being a walk in, like $25 to $30 above the web offers and the average rate posted here on TripAdvisor.

The room was decently clean, but peeling paint. The breezeways and parking lot are dirty, and need a good sweeping followed by a good pressure wash. It is understaffed by disinterested clerks. At check in at 4:00pm there was one clerk and four people in line. My TV appeared to have only about 12 channels. There was no TV info in room. I called the front desk three different times between 7:30 and 8:30pm to ask, and it rang endlessly with no anwer. I finally went down and there was one clerk on duty talking on the phone. I think she had the incoming call ring turned off. When asked about the TV, she said she had no idea because she didn't usually work at that property. If you must stay here, do not pay above the $55 to $59 web offers, because it simply isn't worth any more. Find another place if you're quoted more than that, so you will get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2005

I booked my reservations via a Southwest Airlines coupon I recieved for 30 % off rates, but I got what I paid for. I've stayed at other La Quintas in the Southwest that have been pleasant, but this one was dirty and in a bad part of town.

The staff was friendly when I checked in, but the rooms were set-up with no indoor hallways (I.E. motel-style drive-up rooms) that made me feel very unsafe. Not to mention there is a strip mall that sits adjacent hotel that sandwhiches the hotel with the freeway, I did not feel safe here.

My room was dirty when I arrived, I found a spider on the floor and hair in my bed and sink. It was so bad I couldn't sleep that first night. I checked into the Marriot the following day.

The "continental breakfast" was gross. There wasn't even real creamer available for the coffee and only cereal, packaged bagels and packaged muffins covered this "continent".

Next time I will definetly be staying elswhere.

Reviewed June 19, 2005

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I expected the hotel to be a little run down since it was only rated a 2 star hotel. It was not at all! The rooms were clean, The staff was friendly. Nice pool area. Close to everything. Overall it was a good experience. I will stay here again next time I visit Ft. Benning.

• Stayed: June 2005