“not very satisfied”

Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA
Ranked #46 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The room service was not good did nt clean the room properly or in a timely matter the pool was not working and full of lime the breakfeat needed more hot items like wafles and eggs my rion was nonsmoking and it smelled like cigarrets and the bathroom was the tinies bathroom ever will not be staying there never again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Cecil W, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Hello Marieli C, I have some good news! Our pool is currently under reconstruction and we should have this place open and ready for swimmers within days! We will have it repainted, refilled and re-energized for summer! We have also revamped our housekeeping department with some of the most up to date cleaning materials and staff so that every room is handled with the best care we have available. Thank you Marieli C for your review and I hope to see you in the future as make our changes for this up and coming summer. I invite you back to see us and let us know what your thoughts are some of the things we have changed. May all of your travels be pleasant.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The service was great the staff friendly but rooms were not clean at all. They need a new bug control man obviously. This hotel needs improvement. Good location tho! The suites were not worth the price. I would not reccomend this hotel overall.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank pamshell013

Pamshell013, it hurts me to hear these things said about our property and as much as I wish I could just brush past this and move on, I can’t. You know Pamshell013 I understand your disappointment and I can feel it in your words how much we let you down. It has been made my mission that we do something about these rooms and we do it now! All the way down to the pest control. Even though we are an outdoor entry property it provides no reasons or excuses for things like this and we have to act and act fast! We will begin researching new ways to handle our pest control department and we will begin renovating our rooms to include our suites and make sure that each you room you have here with us is a room that you can feel like telling friends back home about.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel was average but check in was late no rooms were clean and no clean towels available until right before check out staff was apologetic but unacceptable

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Hello Toni P. and thank you for your response. I hate that your experience with us was jaded by some of our short comings with your check-in and linens. When traveling you know what to expect when you arrive and when those expectations are not met I think you said it best its “unacceptable”. We have been on a roll this month trying to attack issues like this so that no other traveler including you will have to experience these things and I am proud to say that the new staff we have here have been all over this. I invite you stay with us again and let us know that we failed you on your previous experience and we will make your next visit with us a great one. Again thank you Toni P and may your future travels all be positive experiences wherever you may travel.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Cecil W, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Reviewed April 17, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The staff was great, very accommodating! Val, in housekeeping took great care of us! The carpet in the room looked as though it hadn't been cleaned, the room was dank and dingy. The tub didn't drain while we showered so we were standing in ankle deep water while we showered, the shower would randomly turn nearly scalding hot while in the shower. I just expected so much more staying in a Howard Johnson. This was probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone. I'd rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: March 2013
Cecil W, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hello MonaSue1, I thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property and even though we did not meet the standards that you would expect from a Howard Johnson your input illustrates what we need to improve and drives us to do better. Thank you again for writing your review and happy travels in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Columbus Marriott
#20 of 47 in Columbus
Courtyard Columbus
Courtyard Columbus
#24 of 47 in Columbus

Been to Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA? Share your experiences!