“Excellent Staff!”

Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA
Ranked #46 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed December 5, 2007

After several unpleasant situations in the Atlanta airport, and a long unfamiliar drive to Colubus, Amy, the front desk manager, greeted me with smiles and understanding even though I must have appeared stressed out. She went out of her way to direct me to each location that I needed to go. She provided maps each time, (even though I had one from before in my room) took the time to draw routes for me. It made my visit to Ft. Benning to see my son graduate from Boot Camp, alot less stressful.....thank you Amy and your outstanding Housekeeping staff!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA

Reviewed September 18, 2007

stayed there for my sons family day pass. room was clean and had everything we needed.staff was very helpful.they even gave a little speech about what we had to do to get on to the base.very knowledgable about ft. benning proceedures! great breakfast!was very surprised by this place.will stay again for graduation!!!

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank soldiersmomNashville
Reviewed April 25, 2007

Do not stay here if safety is important to you!!! I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a man standing over the nightstand between the two beds!!!! I was there with my college softball team so when he told us to give him what ever we had, we didn't have anything to offer him but some uniforms and equipment. He finally left after what seemed like forever! The staff acted like it was just another night at the Howard J, no apology or anything. The next morning, to top it off, a man was beating a woman in the parking lot! Just don't stay here OK!

• Stayed: April 2003
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 27, 2006

I stayed for a couple of days and was really disappointed. Every time a toilet would flush anywhere in the hotel the shower would turn scalding hot. This happened every 30 seconds or so for every shower we took. The floors were filthy and housekeeping would do as little as possible and if you left even ten minutes after they knocked on the door your room would not be cleaned at all. It was hard to sleep because you could hear every noise from the pipes to the parking lot. I have to make a return trip next month and will definitely stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Georgia
Reviewed February 19, 2006

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel because the rates were reasonable. My mistake...
The tiny heating/cooling unit in our room did service to the space under our beds, but was otherwise useless. The beds were overly firm, the pillows.after years of use, were solidly compacted and had no cushioning power left, and the place was noisy; we heard pipes banging all night. One vending machine was out of order, another took our money. All of this would have been bearable if not for the nonchalant attitudes of the people behind the counter. They were quite pleasant until I wanted to talk to the manager about something unrelated to all of the above--not even a complaint. But he was non-existent. I later called from home with a question about my bill. Not a complaint, just a question. First, he was "in a meeting", then he was, according to one clerk, "out and about", not to return until the next day. No apologies offered, no empathy. I won't be back.

Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 16, 2006

We would stay again. Very clean, modern and great service.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
atlanta, ga
Reviewed May 14, 2003

Good service, nice room. My stay was a nice one.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Columbus Marriott
#20 of 47 in Columbus
Courtyard Columbus
Courtyard Columbus
#24 of 47 in Columbus

Been to Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Columbus GA? Share your experiences!