“Great location and friendly staff!”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #31 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean. The front desk staff was super friendly and the buffet type breakfast was fresh and delicious! I would definitely stay here again. This was my second trip to this hotel and was pleased.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff..close to shopping and food places..needs elevators if they have them pls share that info..we have alot of bags:) otherwise nice place, nice people.. love tha dirty south !! Mad sexy manners!! I love this town!!

• Stayed: June 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Thena M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to write a review. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read that you were pleased with our location. We appreciate all the feedback we receive and most certainly welcome any opportunity to improve.

Should your future travels bring you back to Columbus, we look forward to welcoming you back in our establishment.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was a family trip to attend a vacation and we thought it to be safe to book at an out of town hotel chain we all were familiar with, however it was a big mistake! The bartender was nice and the lobby was decent but all of the other problems made me give this hotel a poor rating. The grounds around the hotel were FILTHY it looks like a MOTEL and although there look like there may have been some bathroom, decorative and bedding upgrades the carpet was filthy and it smelled bad were we traveled to the local Wal-Mart to purchase Febreeze and candles. The tub backed up while showering so it was like taking both a bath and a shower at the same time yuck! Our door was damaged where you could look at the top and actually see the wall in the room! The ice machine on our floor was broken LUCKY US!! One plus was the front desk staff was very accomodating and the wait staff were nice too. The breakfast was decent as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear TinkWDC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to our breakfast and level of service provided by our staff.

It is regrettable that the layout of our rooms and housekeeping were not able to live up to your standards. Rest assured that your comments will be be used to consider improvements where needed.

I hope we get another chance to host you again and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I read all reviews before making a reservation and decided to give the hotel a try. I was traveling alone to visit my husband at Fort benning. The hotel has a great location and has a shuttle to take you around. The pool was deep and very nice so was the lounge area. I had been in the pool and was headed back to my room when I noticed a lady on her cell phone dressed very seductively. I walked passed her and she commented on how beautiful my figure was and said that I could make alot of money with a figure like that. That comment shocked me and I walked on ahead of her. I could hear her still talking on her phone talking about her charges for "intimate services. I started feeling very uneasy becasue that guest's conversation made me very uncomfortable.when I got to the room I quickly grabbed my things and went to the front desk and told the gentleman that I wanted to checkout. I didnt tell him about my encounter in that hallway I only stated it was because I needed to stay closer to the base. Despite all the bad reviews on here, I found the hotel to be somewhat outdated but still very nice, that was until I had that experience with the woman walking in the hallway.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jaymay803
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Jaymay803,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is our priority to provide our valued guests with a great and comfortable hotel accommodations, that's why it is regrettable to learn about your recent stay. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken into serious account and we would like to follow up on your experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is old, the rooms smelled, the housekeeping staff were some of the most rude people I have ever dealt with, they have a 5pm check-in time (which is insane in and of itself) and one of our rooms STILL wasn't ready at check in. I'm not sure if the hotel is poorly run or woefully understaffed but that's pretty unacceptable. I complained to IHG as I am a Gold Elite member and while I have heard back from IHG I still haven't heard back from hotel management and it's been almost 30 days since I stayed.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank c0ld
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear c0ld,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being a Gold Elite member of our IHG Rewards Club program. It is unfortunate to learn that you were not able to fully enjoy your recent stay because our rooms and service were not able to meet your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The service here is great. I called and made a last minute reservation and they were able to accomodate me. The issues are the rooms itself.

They are extremely run down. Beds are lumpy and if you have something to plug in good luck finding an outlet. We opened the sliding door that leads to the parking lot and were unable to lock it back properly. THe only reason we noticed it is because we left the room and when we came back I pulled the door pretending that we could just step thru and it opened!.

They do have a buffet that is free for guests in the morning that was good, I honestly do not believe this hotel/motel is worth the money they are charging. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth P

Dear sheronep,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We’re glad to know that you are happy with the breakfast buffet and the service you received from our staff. On the other hand, it is regrettable that you were not satisfied with the room conditions. We have taken note of these concerns and we will certainly use your feedback to focus on improvements.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I choose this hotel because I found a great rate online. When I got there to check in I was quickly told that checkin was at 4. It was 3:30 by the way. I asked the lady how long and she said I had to wait for housekeeping to put the rooms in the computer. The lady then got on her cellphone and was talking about another employee that was late and totally forgot about me. I left the hotel and returned 30 minutes later only to be told that the room was on the 2nd floor and no elevator. I got the keys and when I got to the room the key did not work, I went back to the desk and that same lady gave a mean stern look. I think her name was Cheryl. When I finally got into the room there were no towels, the tub looked like muddy footprints and room smelled like wet molded carpet. Yuck I was stuck because I booked online and no refund. I went to walmart and bought airfreshner. When I came from walmart I just wanted to change rooms and there was a guy there. I thought I had a better chance with him but he was just was unfriendly as the lady was. She said he was her supervisor. He said he could move me but the room was in the very rear of the hotel and this room was worse than the 1st. I think they moved me there on purpose because the lady smirked when he blurted out the room number. Isnt that a no-no? I toughed the night up but I will Never stay at this place again. I would have done better just sleeping in my car.

Room Tip: Run and do not look back