“Oldie But Not A Goodie”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

For its age (built in 1969), it is almost o.k. But not quite. It has been refurbished fairly recently but the result is like putting lipstick on a pig. There are two levels but NO ELEVATOR! So if your room happens to be in the middle of the upper floor it can be a real truck out of the lot, down the hall, up the stairs, down the hall, lugging your luggage. Buffet breakfast is average. Staff are friendly and helpful. Best thing is the rate--we got a $79.00 special. All in all, can't recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was suppose to spend a week at this location while on a business trip. After being there for two nights, I left. I was skeptical of the layout of the building as soon as I arrived, I decided to give it a chance because everything that looks good isn't good and vice versa. I was informed at check-in that they had no elevators. I had a weeks worth of clothes that I was expected to climb stairs with. I refused to climb stairs, so I was given a room on the first floor, bad mistake. The hotel has sliding, glass doors with outside entry. Outside entry hotels scare me. I did not feel that the room was a clean as it could have been. My coworkers room, next door to mine, had broken class all over the bathroom floor. Maintenance/housekeeping was in her room cleaning when she entered the room. The rooms had no fridge or microwave, however, maintenance did find one of each in someone else's room and brought it to me. My coworker never got one. After the first night of being uncomfortable with the glass door, I changed rooms. When I was moving my belongings out of the room, I witness some illegal activity. Shady individuals were at every corner. I thought I was changing to a room without outside entry, I was wrong. I was highly irritated and borderline pissed. To make an even longer story short, I woke up the next morning to two roaches crawling from behind the mirror. I was done. I was offered another room but I refused to give them another chance to make my trip miserable. I left the hotel and checked in at the Fairfield Inns & Suites around the corner. The hotel was significantly better than the Holiday Inn in every aspect. I was able to relax without fear of someone entering my room through the glass doors, or having roaches get in my luggage and follow me back to TN. The Holiday Inn Columbus North I-185 has ruined my view of all Holiday Inns...sorry.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper level, especially if you're a woman traveling alone. The glass, sliding...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Holiday I, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience here at the Holiday Inn Columbus. I'm sorry to hear your visit was less than satisfactory. Our hotel does review and address these situations very carefully. Safety and security are our first and foremost concern. I invite you to please contact me a tnierode@hicolumbusga.com so I can obtain additional details of your experience.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We recently spent two nights at this wonderful hotel and our visit got started on the right foot when we were greeted by Vanesa at the front desk. She was very helpful and welcoming. We had our dogs with us this trip and the low pet fee was definately a plus. We also asked for a late check out and again, Vanesa was happy to accomodate. The hotel's proximity to shopping and Fort Benning make it even more appealing. We'll stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Holiday I, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

First of all, thank you so much for your kind words regarding Vanesa. I am excited to share your remarks with her. We are pleased to have team members such as her that provides outstanding service. Being pet friendly is a amenity that we like to offer for those who travel with their "family" members it helps being away from home like "being at home" when traveling. Thank you so much for taking out the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Tracey Nierode, General Manager

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent four days here. Very nice place. Traditional hallway entrance rooms. I used the laundry facility down the hall. The only thing I found odd was there was not fridge and microwave in the room. Every hotel we stay at has these things and it never occurred to me this one wouldn't. I believe it did not because they had the full restaurant downstairs and probably wanted people to use room service and the dining facility. We did eat the breakfast buffet every morning. Very nice full breakfast. You can also order breakfast but I never saw anybody doing that. The wait staff was attentive and formal.

Room Tip: This is a very large hotel. Try to get a room close to the lobby. It was quite a walk to breakfas...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our "classic hotel" and appreciate you taking out the time to comment on Trip Advisor your experience. The full service restuarant with the southern breakfast buffet is one of our amenities we take pride in providing our guest, it's one of the features that enhances the tradition hotel stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the service team. Refrigerators and microwaves are not available for every guest room, however; we do have a limited amount available upon request. I do apologize if they were not made available to you. We hope to have the honor of serving you in the future if your travels bring you back through Columbus.

Tracey Nierode, General Manager

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were staying there because of a Military Reunion. The Food and Customer Service was fabulous, wish we could visit again. My husband and I enjoyed the banquet very much. We would go there again in a heartbeat! Wonderful time spent there because the Staff is extremely efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Holiday I, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you recieved great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words to the entire staff. We enjoy having reunions such as yours and being a part of the joy it brings to all that come together to reunite.
We hope to have the honor of serving again should your travels bring you back to Columbus.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was staying there because my Son Graduated from Basic.... I am an Executive Head Housekeeper for a Holiday Inn Express in Wyoming and was very impressed with my overall stay.. The Staff is extremely friendly and very well trained in their jobs.. Tracy (GM) was such a big help getting me set up with rooms, cancellations..etc.. She was amazing.. I would definitely stay again or recommend it to anybody going there.. Every day Greeted with a Smile & a Hello Have A Great Day.. Sure made my day...Nothing like Southern Hospitality....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write your comments. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and received great service. We enjoyed being a part of such a memorable moment for you and your family. We wish you and your son the best. Please Thank him for his service. We hope to have the honor of serving you again if you should travel again to Columbus.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've stayed here off and on over the past 10 years. Decent motel. The rates aren't too bad. The rooms are clean. It's an older motel, but they've gutted everything and refitted the rooms. You can't turn left from the parking lot, which can be annoying sometimes.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor. It's easier to get your stuff in and out of the room via the slid...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank advocon
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your business throughout the years! We greatly appreciate your loyalty to the brand and the hotel! We agree and wish all the rooms could face the pool. Please let me know if we can ever be of assistance when making reservations. While I cannot guarantee you a poolside room, I will guarantee you that I will do everything in my power to attempt to get you there. Thank you again for your business and your comments. Please know we are always a call away.