“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were staying there because of a Military Reunion. The Food and Customer Service was fabulous, wish we could visit again. My husband and I enjoyed the banquet very much. We would go there again in a heartbeat! Wonderful time spent there because the Staff is extremely efficient and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Holiday I, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you recieved great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words to the entire staff. We enjoy having reunions such as yours and being a part of the joy it brings to all that come together to reunite.
We hope to have the honor of serving again should your travels bring you back to Columbus.
Tracey Nierode

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Gillette, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was staying there because my Son Graduated from Basic.... I am an Executive Head Housekeeper for a Holiday Inn Express in Wyoming and was very impressed with my overall stay.. The Staff is extremely friendly and very well trained in their jobs.. Tracy (GM) was such a big help getting me set up with rooms, cancellations..etc.. She was amazing.. I would definitely stay again or recommend it to anybody going there.. Every day Greeted with a Smile & a Hello Have A Great Day.. Sure made my day...Nothing like Southern Hospitality....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write your comments. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and received great service. We enjoyed being a part of such a memorable moment for you and your family. We wish you and your son the best. Please Thank him for his service. We hope to have the honor of serving you again if you should travel again to Columbus.

Tracey Nierode
Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've stayed here off and on over the past 10 years. Decent motel. The rates aren't too bad. The rooms are clean. It's an older motel, but they've gutted everything and refitted the rooms. You can't turn left from the parking lot, which can be annoying sometimes.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor. It's easier to get your stuff in and out of the room via the slid...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank advocon
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your business throughout the years! We greatly appreciate your loyalty to the brand and the hotel! We agree and wish all the rooms could face the pool. Please let me know if we can ever be of assistance when making reservations. While I cannot guarantee you a poolside room, I will guarantee you that I will do everything in my power to attempt to get you there. Thank you again for your business and your comments. Please know we are always a call away.
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed in 4-star hotels that cannot match the hospitality, friendliness, and customer service of this hotel. It may be an older facility lacking some amenities such as an elevator, but what it lacks it makes up for in comfort, cleanliness, pride and friendliness. I coordinated a veteran's reunion here and was overwhelmed with how caring and responsive every single member of the staff was to our needs. Our banquet was superb with delicious freshly prepared southern food, our hospitality suite was well taken care of. The staff helped us move in and out. Need more ice? Not a problem - delivered with a smile. No hidden charges and no surprises. From the GM to the housekeeper, each member of the staff welcomed us daily with a greeting and a smile. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool. If mobility is an issue, ask for an interior room on the first floor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank George S
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
We cannot thank you enough for your kind words about the Hotel and Staff! It was such a pleasure to meet you guys and have you as our guests! We are honored to serve our Veterans who have so proudly served our Country! Providing your Reunion with the best of service is the very least we can do and a small token of our appreciation for all you have done for us! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! We certainly hope you will do us the honor of bringing your Reunion back to Columbus and back to the Holiday Inn! Thank you again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Everyone at this hotel was extremely nice and accommodating. I think I received some of the best customer service I have ever had. The location was extremely accessible to the military base and right on the highway. The food was good. Not the best but definitely satisfying. The front desk staff was so helpful and greeted me by name upon check in. It was really late when I got in but she made me feel very welcome and checked me in quickly. Security was sufficient and traveling alone, I felt safe.

I would certainly return!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jaytam
Thank you so very much for your kind feedback on the staff! We know you have choices when traveling and greatly appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn. We certainly hope that you will keep us in mind for future needs! I will make certain the staff gets a copy of your kind comments! Thank you so much.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is way overdue for a renovation. The rooms do not look that bad but you can tell is not up to par with other hotesl in the area with similar prices. I will try the Holiday inn express next time I visit Columbus.

Room Tip: If you want a good room; dont stay here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on the Holiday Inn during your recent visit to Columbus, GA. We greatly appreciate your kind comments on our staff. While we may be an older property, we take pride in our customer service and believe our staff is second to none! We certainly hope you'll change your mind and consider staying with us when your travel needs bring you back to Columbus! Thank you for your kind consideration and feedback!

Travelers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is an old hotel which has been reconditioned and well maintained. The rooms are in good shape with little ware and tear. Our Sep 19th checkin was easy with a friendly desk staff. We then stated with a quick dip in the pool. Outdoor pool is old but 9ft deep and in good shape but not heated and somewhat cold. We subsequently returned to our room and were shocked to discover two roaches running around in the bathroom. Complaint resulted in a maintenance man spraying the bath to kill roaches present. We were then left with the choices of 1. Changing hotels, 2. Changing rooms, or 3. Staying put. We chose option 3 as we were too tired to seek another hotel and believed we were better off to stay there in a room which had been freshly sprayed. However, we immediately returned all luggage to the car before going to bed. Also, the hotel WIFI is so slow, only 0.34Mbps. that I am using my own private data minutes to store this review till I could finish and post it. We will not return to this hotel and I would advise you to follow my example.

Room Tip: You dont need your own roach spray as the hotel keeps plenty on hand. If you want a good non infes...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on the Holiday Inn in Columbus, GA. Any feedback, whether it is good or bad, enables us to improve in areas we need to improve in or give appreciation to staff that is doing a good job! Thank you for your kind comments on the staff and the upkeep of the hotel. We are fortunate to have caring ownership/ management that continues to provide funding for upkeep when needed.

As far as you finding a roach in the room, first and foremost, I cannot apologize enough for this inconvenience! I definitely would have been concerned as well. Thank you so much for mentioning this to our staff or else we would not be aware of this problem! Please know we, like other hotels, do keep bug spray on hand to spray outside the rooms.

We would greatly appreciate your allowing us to redeem ourselves for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would be honored to personally oversee your reservation and offer you a room on us for your troules? Thank you for your kind consideration!