Clarion Inn
EconoLodge
$83
$80
Priceline
All reviewssliding glass doorbusiness centernon smokingstaff was very friendlyreuniongahurricane
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while waiting for housing to become available. The customer service was great. I especially enjoyed Jennifer at breakfast, she has a beautiful personally. Overall all of the staff were nice. The only compliant I have is the vents in the room need to be cleaned, they were full of mold. The bathroom vent didn't work at all. Again the staff were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Amanda, thank you so very much for your kind comments about the staff! We are very fortunate to have people like Jennifer on our Team!

I am so sorry about the vents in your room. That is simply unacceptable on our part so please know that we have immediately addressed this issue. I cannot apologize enough. The next time your travels bring you back to the area, please allow us to redeem ourselves. I would be honored to personally oversee your reservation. Please know I remain a call away. Thank you for your kind consideration.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

In our travels we have stayed in many hotels, and this was by far our best experience. We even stayed another night because of the staff and cleanliness of this hotel. Thanks to their friendly servicing staff they make me want to return. This hotel also was well located for an easy on onto the 185 south, though a little challenging when you first get off because there is no u-turn at the first light, but don't get frustrated go to the next light to make your u-turn. Well worth it!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank rhindarae
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

We cannot thank you enough for your kind comments about the Holiday Inn in Columbus! We may not be the newest or prettiest kid on the block, but we are so fortunate to have the best staff in town! Thank you so much for recognizing that! We certainly hope to see you the next time you are in town. Please feel free to contact me directly any time. I would be honored to personally oversee your reservation. Thank you again!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My 15-yr-old son and I stayed at this property for a tennis tournament at the recommendation of the tournament staff. While our room was clean, the hotel itself needs a major facelift. For example, they ran short on towels. Not okay when you have a bunch of teenaged tennis players staying there who will be taking multiple showers each day! Hallways were dingy, there is no elevator to the 2nd floor (which made loading and unloading a literal pain), several ice machines were not working, etc.

That said, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I called ahead and asked whether there would be a refrigerator in my room. The desk clerk told me to request one when I checked in and someone would bring it to us - they did and very quickly! Also, as a Priority member, I requested a late checkout which they granted (2pm). However, we didn't end up checking out until 4:30pm, so they only charged us a half-day rate - I appreciated that! Also, breakfast started at 6am each day (even on Sunday) which is a bonus when your kid has to be on the practice courts at 6:30!

While we probably won't stay there again since there are other equally-priced hotels close by with newer facilities, I would say it's a fine place to stay for a night or two.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room on the top floor, just know there is no elevator!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback on the Holiday Inn in Columbus for your stay during your son's Tennis Tournament. I cannot apologize enough for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I am so sorry that we ran short on towels. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been with the kids playing tennis and needing to shower often. I am so very sorry!

We would be honored if you would give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves the next time you are in town for a Tennis Tournament. I would be honored to provide you with a complimentary room for your stay for the troubles you had. Please contact me directly; I would be honored to personally oversee your reservation! Thank you for your kind consideration!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Older hotel but room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom had been remodeled but still lacked adequate space for toiletries and cosmetics. No towel rack to hang towels. No problems with check in and check out. Desk staff was great--very friendly and helpful. After checking out, I realized my dad left his extra hearing aids in a dresser drawer. I called the hotel to see if they could return them. Right away the girl mailed them out (out of state), and my dad received his hearing aids in two days. Room service was very efficient. I thought the breakfasts there were awesome. Breakfast staff was very friendly and worked hard to see that you had what you needed. Great variety of food including fresh fruit and waffles. Good coffee and fresh orange juice.

Room Tip: We had a room on the bottom floor overlooking the pool. Nice and quiet, pool chairs and small table outside sliding glass door.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peggy G
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments on the hotel and staff! We are an older facility; however, our Ownership/ Management Company is very engaged with the hotel, putting a lot of money into the property keeping us fresh!

Thank you again for your positive feedback! We certainly hope you and your Dad will be our guests the next time your travel needs bring you back to the Columbus area! Thank you again!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Despite recent refurbishing, room door sticks badly, feels old, though nothing else really faulty. Buffet breakfast - scrambled eggs undercooked and runny, bacon undercooked. Very good fresh fruit selection, along with waffle maker, yogurts, breads. Good coffee. Nice outdoors pool with plenty of lounge chairs.

Room Tip: Pool rooms could be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your feedback of the Holiday Inn in Columbus! We cannot apologize enough for the inconveniences you experienced! The feedback enables us to make changes accordingly that we may be unaware of.

We certainly hope that you will allow us to redeem ourselves by providing a complimentary night stay the next time you find your travels bring you back to the Columbus area! Please feel free to contact me so that I can personally oversee your reservation! Thank you for your kind consideration and your feedback!