“1980's Motor Lodge - but a decent hotel I'd use again!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“1980's Motor Lodge - but a decent hotel I'd use again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

The title sums it up. If you missed the Holiday Inn of the 1980's this is it. That is not a bad thing, its comfortable, the rooms are clean, even though the common areas are not really up to par. The desk staff was awesome with professional staff. But if you stay at a Holiday Inn like I do a couple times a month, in cities all over the country, you will be suprised to find this one is still in the HI system. It's clean, it's comfortable, but much more like the motor lodge Holiday Inn of yesteryear... Pool area is very nice, staff was great. I am staying here for graduation at Ft. Benning and have my grandson with me. We will definatly find the pool area to be great asset - it's like a 1980's pool - big and in the courtyard of the hotel. Room has a balcony like old hotels used to, and that is kind of nice too..... Overall, I would stay here again, but it probaly time for a new flag that more accuratly reflects the reality of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about the Holiday Inn and the staff! We are fortunate to have a great staff, more life a family, that we consider hands down, some of the best in town!

We are sorry that you feel the Hotel is like a "1980's Motor Lodge!" The Hotel is proud of the recent refurbishment of the property when IHG re-launched and refreshed the Holiday Inn's and are thankful we are allowed to maintain the Holiday Inn flag that we have so proudly earned thanks to our ownership/ management putting money into the hotel because of our level of customer service our staff provides!

We greatly appreciate any feedback the hotel receives as it is always good to know how our guests feel so we can make improvements accordingly. We certainly hope you will return as our guests! Please feel free to contact me and I would be honored to personally oversee your reservation! We greatly appreciate your loyalty to the IHG Brand!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fort Benning, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

First I requested a Single King, but I got two double queens, when they had plenty available because two people after me walked in and made reservations. They did not acknowledge me as a Platinum Priority Club Member. Went into the room, the door handle would not open, the maintenance man came and said it needed to be replace but they won't order them. Than I turned the heater on and the fire alarm went off for about 5 minutes, Housekeeping skipped many parts of the hotel including clean towels, I have one large bath towel have a red stain on it as well as a washcloth that looked like eye makeup was still on it and there was no bags in the ice cup, and little things like pillow had no tags. I'm slightly OCD and it just irked me. So finally I stayed my two nights and I was informed by my management office that I was required to stay another night. So when I went to check in again 11 hours after I received the call and they first "lost" my reservation, could not accomendate me and did not even offer to help me find another hotel when the company contracts with all the other Holiday Inns in the area. HORRID stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Lindsey T,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and for leaving us feedback. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

My journey here was a chalkenge so I was hoping my smoke free room would smell of smoke and that I would have at least one bath towel and a was cloth so why should I be surprised that I only have two hand towels and my eyes are burning from all the previous smokers?

• Stayed June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Galen,

I am so sorry for the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn in Columbus, GA! We greatly appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. Please know our policy is to be a 100% smoke free facility. Unfortunately, there are occasions that we get that one guest that is determined to smoke in the room regardless of our policy. Upon checkout we typically charge anyone who has smoked in their room a hefty fee because we do, what we call, a deep clean and hire professionals to come clean the drapery as well as the carpet in hopes of getting the odor out of the room. I am so sorry that we did not catch this in your room!

If you would please consider giving us a chance to redeem ourselves, I would like to provide you with a complimentary room should your travels bring you back to the Columbus area? If you would please contact me directly, as I would like to personally oversee your reservations and can assure you, you will not have the same experience as your last visit. Thank you for your kind consideration of giving us a second chance and bringing this concern to our attention!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here for over two weeks in April for a military event. The first room we went to upon checking in was small, the bathroom door didn't close correctly, the outlet covers were off and loose, we found multiple bugs, the shower didn't drain. Needless to say it wasn't what we expected. We told the front desk and they moved us without question to a huge suite and also gave us reward points for the trouble. Although this room was large, we had a lot of the same issues. Toilet ran, we found so many bugs everyday, walls were rusting and outlet covers were loose in this room as well. I expected more of a Holiday Inn. Wouldn't recommend this hotel unfortunately.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Megrock
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on the Holiday Inn on Manchester Expressway in Columbus, GA. First and foremost, I cannot apologize enough for the problems you experienced during your recent stay with us! The next time you are visiting in the Columbus area, please allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and provide you with a complimentary room. That is the very least we can do! I would like to personally oversee your reservation in the event we are granted this opportunity. Thank you for your kind consideration and feedback! Again I am so very sorry, that is unacceptable and will be discussed with upper management and addressed accordingly!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I needed a hotel on the spot due to a soccer tournament near there. The prices of most hotels were increased quite significantly due to it. Holiday Inn is usually known for cleanliness, and it was no different here. The room was alright; it was small but had an HDTV. However, it had few electrical outlets probably since the building was older. It had old vending machines, and the nice breakfast wasn't complimentary, but all the staff was amazing. Overall, an overpriced yet decent hotel. There are many Pros and Cons, but I'd come back for half the nearly $150 price I paid.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn- Columbus, GA. We greatly appreciate all your feedback, both good and bad! If we do not know it's broken, we can not fix it, so again, thank you so much.

I have passed along your comments to upper management in regards to the electrical outlets, as well as the vending machinces. We (Holiday Inns) are often confused with Holiday Inn Expresses, who does have complimentary breakfasts. The only difference between the two is basically the Holiday Inns are full service, meaning we have restaurants and lounges, where the Expresses are Limited Service and do not have restaurants/ lounges.

We greatly appreciate you staying with us while in Columbus. Please know that we hope you will think of us first, should your travels bring you back to the Columbus area. Please contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee your reservation and I'll be sure we include breakfast in your rate! Thank you so much. We certainly hope to have the honor of having you as our guest for future needs.

“Decent but very clean!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 NEW via mobile
Lexington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I booked on-line and was pleased with the location and friendly staff. The hotel is clearly old and needs new beds- badly. There are no elevators. The TV did not work and the internet was not reliable. It is a good value for the accomodations provided. Just not up to the H.Inn brand I expexted when I booked the room.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
I cannot apologize enough for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and allow us to provide a room on us? I would be honored to personally oversee your next stay! Thank you for your kind consideration! We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the quality product and service you have come to expect and deserve from a Holiday Inn!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've certainly stayed in posher places, (though this Holiday Inn has been recently remodeled very nicely in the last year), but rarely have I run into a more genuinely caring and friendly staff. I was particularly impressed with Jennifer in the dining room who went out of her way to make me feel welcome. Her customer service approach is one a lot of people could learn from!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Hotel and Jennifer! We are so fortunate to have the staff we have to provide the level of service you deserve! Please know we hope to see you should your travels bring you back to Columbus! We would be honored to have you as our guest again!