“Old hotel, needs new beds.”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Lexington
“Old hotel, needs new beds.”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I booked on-line and was pleased with the location and friendly staff. The hotel is clearly old and needs new beds- badly. There are no elevators. The TV did not work and the internet was not reliable. It is a good value for the accomodations provided. Just not up to the H.Inn brand I expexted when I booked the room.

• Stayed May 2012
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
I cannot apologize enough for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and allow us to provide a room on us? I would be honored to personally oversee your next stay! Thank you for your kind consideration! We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the quality product and service you have come to expect and deserve from a Holiday Inn!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've certainly stayed in posher places, (though this Holiday Inn has been recently remodeled very nicely in the last year), but rarely have I run into a more genuinely caring and friendly staff. I was particularly impressed with Jennifer in the dining room who went out of her way to make me feel welcome. Her customer service approach is one a lot of people could learn from!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your kind words about the Hotel and Jennifer! We are so fortunate to have the staff we have to provide the level of service you deserve! Please know we hope to see you should your travels bring you back to Columbus! We would be honored to have you as our guest again!
Bayside, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Went to my son's graduation at Ft. Benning. After reading the reviews on line I was hesitant to book a room, but I did because the location was good, close to the airport and the expressway.
I was glad I did, the staff was exceptional, quite friendly and helpful. I especially would like to point out John at the front desk, he went out of his way to help me.The room was clean, bed comfortable, breakfast was good.I was thankful for the computer and printer service, came in very handy.I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank roslyn j
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Joslyn,

Thank you so very much for your kind comments and CONGRATULATIONS to you and your son on the graduation. You must be so proud of him! We greatly appreciate our troops and their families for all of the sacrifices made to insure our freedom! THANK YOU!

We are really glad that you took a chance and gave us a shot at accommodating your overnight accommodations. We also appreciate your kind comments on John; he is truly valued employee! We wish all of the best to you and your son and hope that you will stay with us again should your travel needs bring you to the area! Thank you again so very much for your kind comments! We hope to have the opportunity to serve your needs again!
Clover, South Carolina
Reviewed February 29, 2012

It's an older property but they have recently remodeled it. Furniture/bed is fairly standard looking stuff but the wood headboard and the sheets on bed are nice. Nice touch is even though they don't have a nightstand lamp/radio with more plugins they did go to the trouble of wall mounting a power strip right between the wall/nightstand which more hotels should do as nowdays you usually have a laptop/tablet you're trying to charge while using on the bed as well as a phone you want on the nightstand next to you charging as well. So kudos' to them for doing that :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank IDONTWANNASCREENNAME
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback and your kind remarks! Though we are an older property, our Management Company/ Ownership has taken great care of the property, recently placing millions into the property for refurbishments. We will be sure to pass the word along regarding additional electrical outlets. We greatly appreciate your comments. It certainly helps to know our strengths and shortcomings so that we can address them accordingly. We certainly hope that you'll return to the property or refer us to friends or co-workers. Please let me know the next time you're in town and if we do not have extra outlets in place by that time, I would be honored to have the room ready for you and place a power strip in the room for your convenience. Please know we remain a call away!
naples fl
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We were there with kids in a sports function. It was very enjoyable and accomadating.
They were a very friendly staff. Our room was clean and comfortable. We would return again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Holiday I, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind comments. We would be honored to have your Team return the hotel for future tournaments! We greatly appreciate all comments, both negative and positive. These comments help us tremendously to know our areas of weakness or strenghts so that we can address them or give praise to our great staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future! Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to oversee your stay!
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The room was acceptable. I'd ask for a second floor room though. While this hotel has interior corridors, the first floor rooms have a sliding glass door with easy access to the parking lot. I'm not a big fan of the motel style rooms.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Strifez28
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn- Columbus, GA. We certainly understand that you may feel more comfortable in a second floor room. We are thankful to say that we have not had any problems, as far as criminal activity with the downstairs rooms with the sliding glass doors. There are three different locks on these doors in an effort to make our guests feel secure.

Please know we do not want your stay to or room to be just "acceptable", but to exceed your expectations. The next time you are in the Columbus area, I would greatly appreciate you allowing me to personally oversee your reservation. We greatly appreciate your business and certainly hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again! Thank you, again, for your feedback.
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This was my second stay at the Holiday Inn. I was roomed near the side of the highway. I was awaked at 4:30am by doors closing, trucks & cars reviving up. The carpet on the floor had stains that really need to be addressed... I will be looking for another place to stay next time in Columbus...

Room Tip: Don't sleep on the side where the interstate is... No sleep .....
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
I am terribly sorry about your latest experience at the Holiday Inn. Please accept our sincerest apologies in regards to other guests were making noise outside of your room. Please know that we are conducting research on the stains in your room that we've obviously missed. We greatly appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention! Again, I can assure you the carpet stain will be addressed as well as the noise level. Please always feel free to contact the front desk so they can make security aware of your concerns.

Thank you for coming back a second time! I am hoping that you came back to stay with us because your first experience was a pleasant one! In hopes of you allowing us to redeem ourselves, please allow us to provide a complimentary room for you? I would be honord to personally oversee your room every time to insure your stay is ALWAYS a pleasant one! Thank you for your kind consideration and bringing these issues to our attention!

Travelers are raving about these Columbus hotels