“Extremely Comfortable and excellent value”

Hampton Inn Columbus-Airport
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was a very clean/comfortable hotel. The beds were really comfortable, the overall appearance of the room was excellent. The pool was well maintained and clean as was the surrounding area. Breakfast was good and the area well looked after. All in all an excellent stay. Definitely one to book. We will make this our number one choice in the area. 10/10 Hampton Inn you deserve it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Columbus-Airport

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hotel was clean, new, and refreshing! Hotel staff were helpful and attentive. Breakfast was very good - fresh items and a very good variety. I plan to come back for another stay. This is in a great area and across the street from Your Pie - a pizza place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

pros: The staff was friendly, check in quick, room comfortable, fridge, microwave, single cup coffee pot, clean, lots of restaurants nearby. Cons: loud outdated ac with broken buttons. I would stay again, as always Hampton is a trusted place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This Hampton appears to be an old motel that had been remodeled or repurposed. I typically stay at the Hilton chains when I travel, which has been quite frequent lately; and have stayed at numerous Hamptons. Check in was quick and we were given a room poolside on the first floor. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Upon entering the room, the smell almost knocked me over. It was obvious that someone had smoked in the non-smoking room and housekeeping tried to mask it with some type of room spray. The damage was done however, as the room reeked of a combination of cigarette smoke and room spray. I called the front desk and advised the desk clerk. She stated that she would have housekeeping come in and re-spray the room and did confirm that it was a non-smoking room. We left for dinner and returned a couple of hours later. However there was no improvement and the room still reeked. If I hadn't been so tired, I would have left and found another hotel. We had been traveling many hours and were only going to be there one night, so we decided to stay. I do have to say that the beds were comfortable (but very small-I think they were small full beds) as is usual with Hamptons. The furniture was cheap and some of the old motel style fixtures were still present. I would not stay here again.

1  Thank questo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I visited Columbus for my son's graduation from basic training at Fort Benning. I have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns over the years and this one was on the low end of what I have seen before. First the positives... Hampton bedding, the hotel was clean, the first 2 front desk clerks I encountered were very nice and helpful. Now the negatives... the property is older and needs maintenance. The AC unit in my room made a loud squeaking noise about 85% of the time, I like cool temperatures but even when I set it to 67 degrees the room did not get colder than about 73 degrees. There was an evening thunderstorm, the electricity flickered for just a second and the internet was out for the rest of my stay. But, the front desk had internet service. I guess they have a back up for the desk and hotel operations but no back up internet system for the guests. With the importance of internet in our society and for travel I can't imagine why they don't see this as a priority. The shower made a terrible noise and the bathroom was VERY small. There was a semi truck parked right outside my door the first night and I could hear its motor revving up periodically through the night. I used Hilton points to stay for 2 nights and could have extended my stay for another night but I just couldn't see paying for a night out of pocket with all of the problems that the hotel had. We went on to the next stop on our travel itinerary.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2013

other then having to go outside to enter the lobby area, the hotel upholds all the Hampton Inn properties at a discounted price. the area has restaurants and shopping available and is easy to find. The pool area is not perfect but it is nice

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were in town overnight for my daughter's bridal shower, and really just needed a place to rest our head for the night. The key card machine wasn't working, and they let us know that at check-in. Staff had to open our room for us. Still, an unexpected nuisance. The desk clerk was friendly & the room was clean.