Baymont by Wyndham Columbus GA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(Columbus)
Sleep Inn(Columbus)
View Hotel
All reviewsstandard hampton innan older hotelone night staycomplimentary breakfastclean roomseasy accessgreat place to staygreat customer servicehousekeeping staffyogurtcookiesfort benninggafacilityratesftgraduation
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Mr. Pelkey,

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn Columbus-Airport Hotel. Thank you for letting us stay late to shower after the Soldier Marathon. You really don't know how much that meant to me to shower before returning to Atlanta.

Also, thank you for the bag breakfast. Not only that, hot breakfast was waiting for us at 5:00am,
Saturday morning. What a wonderful treat, and I will never forget how nice your staff was when checking in. Again, Thank You!!!

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Georgia B
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I needed a hotel for one night before moving to a corporate apartment. Decided to save some money and booked this one instead of brand new Home2 suites.
Clean, but old and very depressing. One of the wood hangers was sticky and I noticed some kind of bug in my bed in the morning.
Towels are very old, bed linens too.
Breakfast more or less standard, nothing special.
Would not recommend for more than one night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
CSGAT_GM, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Columbus GA, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will definitly get the hanger replaced in that guest room and speak with our pest control company to ensure this room receives any treatment it may need. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here very recently so that we could attend basic training graduation at Fort Benning. We found this to be the perfect place to stay. The staff was very accommodating from the front desk, housekeeping and the lady who ran the breakfast area!!! The rooms were clean and while this is an older hotel it has been well kept. This is in a great location for getting on and off the interstate as well as eateries without having to travel. If we ever have the pleasure of being in Columbus, GA again we will definitely stay here!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn on Whitesville Rd in Columbus, GA. Although it is an older facility, I thought it was ok - not great. When I got into my room, I unpacked, showered, etc. I received a call from the front desk asking me if everything was ok - I did a cursory look around an said yes. I laid down to rest for about 20 mins then woke up with a spider bite. I went to the sink to wash the bite and saw ants. I was on my way to a business meeting and called the front desk to let them know about this and that I wanted a refund and to check out. They said I had to check out by 5pm - I told them I was going to be in a meeting and couldn't and asked if they could make an exception to policy given the room environment. I was told no. When I returned from my meeting I checked out and asked once again for a refund. I was told "sorry, no." Overall awful experience and not what I expected from a Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: This is an older building with exposed outside doors. I would not recommend it for females traveling alone.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AshleahB
CSGAT_GM, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Columbus GA, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our facility. We always try to maintain our rooms and standards to the best of our ability. We were surprised when we received a call from your colleague regarding your lack of satisfaction with your guest room. While we realize the others in your party were at our North Hampton location we had not heard of any concerns in regards to your room prior to their phone call. Unfortunately, we do require speaking to the actual occupant before we can confirm any check-out or refunds. As we stated, we were glad to provide you with the refund for your stay due to our 100% Guarantee and have processed this after our contact with you. Unfortunately, it does take 7-10 business days for the credit to appear through the banks. However, this credit should be on its way and appear shortly if it hasn't already. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on July 4 and 5 while visiting our family here. We had a second-floor room which was very clean and well kept. It looked newly renovated as does the lobby. All the normal room amenities were readily available. The free breakfast had many good choices. The pool and pool area were very clean and quiet. We did not use the exercise room. But the real stars here are the staff and the rates -- both outstanding! Everyone was so nice to us; the staff is very proud of this facility. The rates were far below those of other hotels in the area but the room was as nice as those at other hotels in previous visits. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone. If stairs are a problem for you, you should request a first-floor room. The only reason we won't be staying here again is that our family is being transferred out of state.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator at this hotel, request a first-floor room if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family