“Nasty”

Ranked #46 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Richmond, Indiana, United States
“Nasty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our son rented two rooms for our family to share for 2 nights at this hotel when our grandson graduated from Ft Benning earlier this month. It was pouring when we arrived which didn't help, since the stairway to our room was closed, we had to use the one at the other end farthest from our rooms. Don't expect to go swimming in the pool, there was no water in it. Never did see the game room. Fortunately we didn't find any bugs in the room, but shady characters were plentiful. The continental breakfast was gone by 8:00. We were relieved to get out of there and head home. Never NEVER again!!! This place doesn't even deserve the 1 rating that you have to give to sumbit the review.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Its the kind of hotel that probably has an hourly rate if you know what I mean. We showed up and left immediately. Terrible neighborhood. Shady guests. Filthy rooms. Honestly I am surprised that kayak has it on its site as its that bad!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank akbound13
Normal, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband is currently awaiting orders, so we needed a place to stay within our BAH budget and that had good perks. We stayed at the ValuePlace down the street, and preferred this place more. Its a little outdated, but if you can look past that you will do okay. We didnt expect a 5 star place for $250 a week... But it has good cable, free wifi, daily housekeeping and breakfast. The beds are comfy, staff is friendly. The new management is doing well. - my only complaint is that I would prefer a more updated bathroom and newer carpet because the carpet in there is very old. Overall, we had a pleasant stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed here a few times because of how close it is to Fort Benning, but the experience continues to get worse. Some rooms are OK, but some are nasty. The front desk staff are downright rude and they will lie to you. I needed a place that had Internet access for the work I needed to get done. I asked about their wifi BEFORE getting a room and they told me there are no problems with it. I paid for a room, got into it and tried to get on the Internet and it didn't work. I went back to the front desk and the SAME lady told me that they have been having problems all day. I asked her to refund my room and they told me since it had been longer than TEN minutes they would not. I asked her why she lied to me about the Internet and she said she didn't and refused to admit any fault or help me in any way. The next day when I was checking out, the manager told me that my computer was broken and that the Internet was fine... Needless to say, I will never stay there ever again after how I was treated and how gross my room was. Spend the extra $10 or $20 to get a nicer place with a clean room and customer service. Trust me.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank the4nn4
Biloxi, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was our fourth hotel to try in Columbus. I did not try it at first because of all the reviews I had read but my husband said to give it a try so we did. When we first arrived I was surprised at how nice the rooms were and how clean. You could tell the room was dated but it was decent and clean we stayed for a week. When leaving the hotel my only complaints were they advertise a hot breakfast and when i took our kids down all their hot breakfast consisted of was fruit and nutri grand bars. So that was a lie and the other thing is they advertise having a pool so got the kids all dressed and ready to go swimming walk to the pool and it was not operaring. So that was a bummer for them. Overall I would of recommended the hotel when leaving but after getting home me and my husband both realized we had ringworms on us! And have never had one before. The housekeeping never changed the bedding or sheets that whole week but I never thought anything of it so we will def never be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Brittany B
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

It's a budget hotel outside a military base and seen better days but it was clean and cheap the staff was awesome. The rooms need updating but were larger than most. The bedding was very nice for the type of hotel. You can tell the staff cares. If your on a tight budget this is great compared to surrounding place. Yes would stay again

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Stilltx
Phenix City, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I liked this hotel. Upon getting the room the front desk guy checked us in with a snap. He was very friendly and was very helpful to about tell ing where things are at in the city. He mad me and was very friendly. When me and my boyfriend got to the room I was a little dissapointed for the fact that we wanted to watch tv and there was no remote. So we had to keep getting up and down to change the volume and the tv. I like the fact that it had a fridge and microwave in the room and it was mintues from resturants. The room apperance overall was ok. But the bed was not what I expected for $57. Also the bathroom could've been updated better as well. I also loved the curtains and the door could've been a lot better for some reason the door didn't feel like it was close and secure if felt very jiggly. But over all i feel that i probably wouldn't stay here again. I don't feel like it worth the money for the experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Necia89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning
Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area

Been to Columbus Inn at Ft. Benning? Share your experiences!