“Worst Hotel in Columbus”

Days Inn Columbus-North Fort Benning
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 17, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June, and it was the worst hotel in Columbus, Georgia I have ever stayed at. There was construction going on in front of the hotel, and all the contruction workers stayed at the hotel at night drinking and hanging out of their rooms. The maids NEVER cleaned the rooms or the bathrooms. If you could grab them, you could ask for towels or something else you might need. There were no irons or ironing boards in the rooms, and when I called the front desk to request one, she told me if I wanted one, I would have to come down and get it. The front dest was in a separate building near the road away from the actual hotel. Finally, the sheets were dirty when we checked in - blood stains. I would absolutely never stay here again.

4  Thank laserblue

Reviewed November 28, 2006

We had reservations at another Days Inn, our reservations were cancelled after 4:00 p.m., we were not advised prior of this. This Days Inn had ALOT OF PROBLEMS!!! Bathtub was not usable due to filth, shower had mildew on the walls, not enough towels, only one waste basket, sheets wouldn't stay on bed, trim on blanket ripped, cock roach in nightstand drawer, food behind microwave infested with cockroaches, light bulb missing. We left the room for the day, the light bulbs had been changed however, the trash had not been emptied, the beds had not been made and the dirty towels had not been replaced. Breakfast could have been better, ( the motel we stayed at the night before had a waffle maker and variety of cereals, fresh fruits, and a varity of pastries).

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank genesdixiedarlin
A TripAdvisor Member
Eatontown, NJ
Reviewed November 10, 2005

This place is a dump!! I had problems from right from the start. First, I had to struggle to get into the room because the door was always stuck. So I constantly had to force it open to get in; I kept thinking my key wasn’t working or something. Second, I didn’t even have towels when I checked in. There were light bulbs that needed changing and they were never changed when I told the desk. The air conditioner panel kept falling off. The hotel is outside, so you hear all outside noise and get all the light from the outside. The place is right next to a car dealer that’s all lit up, so all the lights come right through the curtains. It’s so noisy outside that you hear people walking around. The toilet kept getting stuck and there were lights burnt out that never got changed. The staff was ok, but they got my last name wrong and the coffee in the morning always had grinds in it. It was terrible; I switched to the Holiday Inn one exit up.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business