“Extended stay”

Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Chennai, India
“Extended stay”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My team and I spend nearly every week at this Courtyard for the second have of 2013 totaling over 500 nights. The hotel has been renovated and is always in excellent shape. The location is great, there is a more than adequate fitness center and a great variety at the bistro. Love the Starbucks coffee! The staff are friendly, attentive and professional. For a night, a week, or a month I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DBass0648
Adrian V, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear DBass0648,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your kind comments and your business. I have shared to your comments with my staff. We look forward to a continuous partnership.

Best Regards,

Adrian Vinasco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

the staff went out of their way with hospilality we were in town for a very sad occasion. sarah at the front desk was very nice and made us feel like she truly understood our situation.. most caring......krista is unbelievable ,she brought breakfast to our table , worked the front desk and later we saw her doing housekeeping.....always smiling and saying hope you are enjoying your stay and is there anything I can do for you .I offered her a tip she said" that is not necessary ". I left her one anyway..

Room Tip: ask for sarah, look for krista
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
covington, GA
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Checked in at 730PM, ready to crash for the night. The room was cold. I called the front desk...."keep on mashing the buttons and it will kick on." Nothing worked. Called back to front desk..."maintenance will be here at 9PM." I was cold. At 915PM, I called the front desk again and he was "on the way....would you like a free breakfast tomorrow morning?" He comes in, takes the unit off the wall and the batteries are CORRODED ! He went to get 4 more AA batteries, and the room eventually heated up, after about 30 minutes. And it was a small room too. I was very disappointed. I would think Marriott would have a better Preventive Maintenance (PM) program than this. Not having a maintenance employee available til late evening is sad. And it really gets me I pay $119 for the night, and they still want me to buy breakfast. I won't be back to this location.

Room Tip: You can just about park right outside your room. It's an old design 2 story hotel, close to a ve...
Green Features: They definitely believe in heat conservation because it wasn't working.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

You will find this hotel has a good location next to a mall and a number of "chain" restaurants. The hotel itself has some nice strengths, but suffers from the early design. First of all be aware that this is a two story hotel without an elevator. If you have trouble navigating stairs, or have a lot of luggage you may want to insist on a ground floor room. The lobby is renovated in the new format of Courtyard hotels. The bistro works if you want a quick bite. The line at breakfast though was long. One reason is the decision of most Courtyard hotels to no longer provide complimentary coffee in the morning. The hallways are worn, and the hotel does not smell fresh. The exterior and courtyard pool area is a dreary, dirty mess. You will find the fitness center to be above average in size and quality of equipment. I stay in Columbus a few times a month, but this is the first and last stay for this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sherpa2286
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have stayed here many times while our son was stationed at Ft. Benning. The staff went out of their way to treat us like family and went beyond the call of duty to make sure we had everything we needed.

The hotel is so suitable for family gatherings- a wide open indoor space, and lovely patios and decks. The pool area is delightful!

One soldier saw the room and said, "
My pass is only for 8 hours- if I put my head on that pillow- I'll never get up"

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and have pool view!
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had my daughter a birthday slumber party. Had two connecting rooms, one double and one king. The wireless internet service was sketchy. The television did not pick up on the local channels. I mentioned this to the front desk clerk and he said that he was unsure why their televisions didn't pick up well on the local channels, but that I should be able to view Fox. Sliding door was hard to open and I saw Cheerios under the air unit.

Room Tip: Hotel is only 2 floors but has no elevators so travel light!!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here to attend a ceremony at Ft. Benning so we only had to stay one night, but I would've switched hotels if it had been more than one. The room was fine, bare bones (as Courtyards are) and clean, but the outdoor areas were dirty and run down and the hallway smelled horrible (musty, old, smokey, dirty). I personally disliked the fact that the rooms facing the courtyard area lacked any privacy. You had to keep the light-blocking curtain closed to avoid other guests being able to see right in.

The small patio was filthy, the yard area was littered with cigarette butts and they had the most uncomfortable furniture out there I've ever sat in. The light on our patio was burned out as were many of the others I saw. In addition, my ground-floor patio doors (slider and screen) had to be slammed, lifted and wiggled in order to get the locks to engage properly. Maybe it's just me, but I hate when hotels miss little details like this. Such easy, regular maintenance items to keep up on it makes me wonder what else they're missing/ignoring that we can't so easily see... The pool water was cloudy and the concrete was in desperate needs of re-finishing (stained, cracked). I didn't let my kids swim in it; I didn't trust that the water was properly maintained.

The woman working the breakfast cafe (Fri a.m. 10/18/13) was a standout among the lackluster and SLOW staff. Unlike the desk clerks we encountered she was friendly, welcoming and EFFICIENT. (Check in was painfully slow and really, they made it seem like we were bothering them by being there).

I could go on, but I fear I'm starting to sound nit-picky.... I'll just say that there seemed to be a lot of hotel choices in that immediate area and I would recommend that you don't settle for this one.

Room Tip: Choose one at another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
TownePlace Suites Columbus
TownePlace Suites Columbus
#27 of 46 in Columbus

Been to Courtyard Columbus? Share your experiences!