“Great Location to Ft. Benning”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #31 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 19, 2008

Great location to Ft. Benning. Located immediately off highway I-185 with straight 6 mile drive on I-185 S to Ft. Benning Main/Visitor Gate. Can only make right hand turn out of Comfort Inn parking lot so had to make a U-turn at light to get back on highway. Walk next door to CVS and Burger King or U-turn to left and drive .5 miles to Kmart,Verizon Wireless, Books-A-Million, Publix, Denny's, Longhorn. Peachtree Mall, turn right, travel approximately 2/3 traffic lights, turn left onto University Blvd which leads you to main entrance of mall (Macy's, Dillard's, Penney's, Ruby Tuesday's, Applebees, Best Buy). A newer/busier shopping area is located 4 miles north on I-185, Exit 10 then exit right , where you will find movie theatres, restaurants of your choice, shopping, hotels, etc.

Comfort Inn Rooms are spacious and newly renovated with NS rooms located on floors 1 & 2. Smoking rooms located on 3rd floor. Microwave and Fridge in all rooms. King room was large enough to accommodate a roll-away and still have room. Noise level was minimal. Washer and Dryer located on lst floor with small indoor pool. Breakfast off lobby area.

Desk clerks were very helpful. Even though our room was clean, I was disappointed in housekeeping. Due to the "green" movement, sheets were not changed daily nor beds made unless requested, we did receive clean towels daily however restroom cleaning did not occur daily and would have liked to seen vacuuming during our stay. Despite my housekeeping preference, the room was nice and I would recommend this hotel for convenience, location and safety (locked hotel entrances). If this hotel is booked, my next recommendation would be hotels off Exit 8 or Exit 10.
Gina Mathis
Xenia, OH 45385

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed March 18, 2008

We had been driving for about 13 hours got off the interstate to look for some place to stay and we went to 2 diffrent ones off the same exit comfort inn is on.I was really afraid to stay. But we went down a few blocks seen comfort inn and the realized that this may be to expensive. And we were so wrong we got a room 2 beds for 94.99 and they have security camras and a night securtiy guard interior hotel and the front desk staff john and christa was so helpful room was clean and breakfast was great we will stay again and we also let all my sons friends know for there families...

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2008

We came down for a family visit and had a reservation at another hotel but when we got there wasnt good so we came to the comfort inn.The staff was very friendly and helpful.The rooms were very nice and clean.The pool was a great the kids loved it and the breakfast was awesome .We spent $99.99 but it was well worth it for the price compared to where we was going to stay and spen $119.00. I will be staying at Comfort inn...

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2007

I wasn't expecting much when I booked the room for $99 dollars, I've stayed in Columbus before (Sleep Inn and Wingate, which was a whole bunch more money); and those two hotels were crappy. However walked into Comfort Inn and was greeted with a welcoming "Hello" grabbed a cup of coffee after a painless check-in and walked into a beautiful room. Already made reservations to go back.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2007

A pleasant stay. When we reserved a room with a rollaway, they commented that they would go ahead and put it in the room. Sure enough, there it was when we got there, but with no blanket. This was resolved in about two minutes.

No complaints about the king bed, TV (plenty of channel choices), fridge, or cleanliness. Water pressure was great. Bath amenities were better than usual (makeup remover?). Staff was friendly and helpful. Did not try the breakfast. Parking lot was a little spooky and dark at 11 p.m.

It appeared to me that the room had recently been renovated based on the high location of outlets by the bed - perfect for plugging in the laptop.

Only complaint is the lack of hotel-wide free wireless internet. I did pick up an intermittent signal from the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2007

This was the worst experience we've ever had at a hotel. We swam in the pool and later found out what a dangerous choice that was!! After ingesting water, 2 of my children vomited within minutes. After returning to the room, we discovered our other child had a blue/green scalp, my skin was discolored also, and my hair turned green (which I'm still working to get out!). After testing the water at 2 pool stores the following day, we found that the levels were very dangerous! The copper (which caused the vomiting and discoloration) levels were dangerously high - the max is 1ppm, but this pool's was over 10ppm. The chlorine was way low, and the pH was so low it would burn. The Health Department tested the pool the following day and shut it down (you can verify this information). The worst part was the hotel management did not seem to care. They never apologized. The hotel owner denied that his pool caused this and told us we had to "prove" it. Despite a posted "Satisfaction Guarantee", we had to pay FULL price for out hotel stay. I've never been more disgusted!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank momof3inTN
Reviewed February 6, 2007

Cleaner than the best western could have been cleaner, parking not to good rooms were clean, bathroom could have been a little cleaner.

Stayed: February 2007