“Awesome deal for the money”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #30 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 29, 2007

I wasn't expecting much when I booked the room for $99 dollars, I've stayed in Columbus before (Sleep Inn and Wingate, which was a whole bunch more money); and those two hotels were crappy. However walked into Comfort Inn and was greeted with a welcoming "Hello" grabbed a cup of coffee after a painless check-in and walked into a beautiful room. Already made reservations to go back.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed July 3, 2007

A pleasant stay. When we reserved a room with a rollaway, they commented that they would go ahead and put it in the room. Sure enough, there it was when we got there, but with no blanket. This was resolved in about two minutes.

No complaints about the king bed, TV (plenty of channel choices), fridge, or cleanliness. Water pressure was great. Bath amenities were better than usual (makeup remover?). Staff was friendly and helpful. Did not try the breakfast. Parking lot was a little spooky and dark at 11 p.m.

It appeared to me that the room had recently been renovated based on the high location of outlets by the bed - perfect for plugging in the laptop.

Only complaint is the lack of hotel-wide free wireless internet. I did pick up an intermittent signal from the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2007

This was the worst experience we've ever had at a hotel. We swam in the pool and later found out what a dangerous choice that was!! After ingesting water, 2 of my children vomited within minutes. After returning to the room, we discovered our other child had a blue/green scalp, my skin was discolored also, and my hair turned green (which I'm still working to get out!). After testing the water at 2 pool stores the following day, we found that the levels were very dangerous! The copper (which caused the vomiting and discoloration) levels were dangerously high - the max is 1ppm, but this pool's was over 10ppm. The chlorine was way low, and the pH was so low it would burn. The Health Department tested the pool the following day and shut it down (you can verify this information). The worst part was the hotel management did not seem to care. They never apologized. The hotel owner denied that his pool caused this and told us we had to "prove" it. Despite a posted "Satisfaction Guarantee", we had to pay FULL price for out hotel stay. I've never been more disgusted!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank momof3inTN
Reviewed February 6, 2007

Cleaner than the best western could have been cleaner, parking not to good rooms were clean, bathroom could have been a little cleaner.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed January 25, 2007

We were only there for a short time to attend a graduation at Fort Benning, Ga. The hotel was selected based on the triple A rating and amenities. We also assumed that $90 per night was a mid range property. We could not have been more wrong. When we complained the first time, we were given a new room. The new room was only cleaner! When we asked for a better room, we were told there were no other rooms available. The following day, I went to the front desk to ask for the manager. The desk clerk informed me that the manager was not in yet, that all complaints go through her. I explained the problems with the room, she said she would relay this to the manager. The manager never got back to us. The excuse she used for all the problems I raised was that the hotel was under rennovation. The problems we found in the room included mold around the bathtub and sink, tile falling off the wall, holes in furniture and bedding, broken boxsprings, threadbare rug, gaps between the wall and outlet covers, gaps between tiles with no gout or caulking, large crack running across the ceiling, and plastic and tape covering a 1 ft sq hole. I took pictures of almost all these problem areas. I noted a 2006 Triple A award on the front desk. I couldn't understand how they could have earned it in 2006.

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank msglady
Reviewed January 8, 2007

This hotel was much less than expected. I guess it's cheap, but you can find better for the same money. The staff was not well trained when I visited. First, I was given a key to one room, but assigned to another. The only reason I knew something was wrong was the type of bed. When I called the front desk, they realized they gave me the key to the wrong room.
This hotel had dim lighting in the rooms, a curtain that doesn't fully cover the window (both rooms I was in), and dirty looking carpet and furniture. The bathroom felt dirty as well.
I guess if you are looking for a cheap place to stay and don't care about what your room looks like, this is ok. Otherwise, look somewhere else. Better places exist in Columbus.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2006

I just returned from Columbus, GA for a long weekend stay. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. I'm picky when it comes to the bathroom being clean and also the bedsheets being spotless. I was very please with the above. The breakfast was really nice too. You have a lot to chose from. They have a business office for you to use in case you don't take your own PC and use theirs. Over all this ia a nice place to stay for the money. You wouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business