“Excellent budget hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus (Fort Benning)
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent budget hotel”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights as part if a group. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I skipped the free breakfast and walked 2 minutes to Panera. Many stores are walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel has become a must stay for me and my family. I recently stayed at the hotel with my daughter and grand kids, The property was clean the staff was very friendly and nice the front desk person Gabby was fabulous. She was very helpful and attentive. the housekeeper Molly was also great my room was cleaned daily and well .. This was a very rereshing stay

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was in town for business/leisure. We enjoyed our stay. Room was great and staff was very friendly. Breakfast was normal for what I expect from the brand. We used the pool the first night and it was relaxing. Gabby at the front desk was very helpful and nice. The hotel is located in a very convenient area close to downtown, the historic district, and CSU. There are great restaurants and shopping very close by. Also, it was really easy to get to and from the interstate which is a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Lemont, Illinois
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel, visiting our son at Fort Benning....The location is very convenient, our room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of choices for dining and shopping and activities nearby. This is our go-to hotel for visits to Columbus.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LA215
Madison, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Through a sequence of events, we were "Bumped" from the hotel that we booked to this hotel. Because of this, Country Inn & Suites has a new customer! Gabby at the front desk was able to accommodate us on our last minute change! Hotel very clean and in a great location. Close to many shops and grocery stores in a nice, safe part of town. Thank you Country Inn & Suites, new converter for life! Gabby your the best, thanks ever so much for all of your help! Folks coming to Fort Benning for Family Day or Graduation, this is the place to stay, you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Gerica S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus (Fort Benning), responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review!
I really appreciate the kind words you shared about our hotel. I also want to thank you for your comments about our front desk employee, Gabby. She was absolutely thrilled when I shared your review with her! We are very fortunate to have her, and all of our other employees who are on our team, to serve our guests. I hope you choose us again when your travels bring you back to the Columbus/Fort Benning area!
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Night of April 15, 2014 arrived at hotel for my son's Basic Training Graduation and the experience was less than we expected. The first room we was given, was not to our satisfaction. The office chair was in very poor condition. The vinyl fabric was worn and padding was showing. Also, the sofa bed had blood stains on the mattress, and the TV in the living room area was not working well. We asked for another room, which the staff was willing and able to accommodate for us. The second room was better, however, the cushions on the sofa was wet and had a stain. We were so tired at this time and the rest of the room was OK we stayed in this room, however we was not a comfortable as we expected especially for the cost of the room per night. The breakfast was good, nothing exceptional. However, when I was leaving the breakfast area, someone had spilled cookies or something up and down the stairs. I informed the front desk staff that the excessive amount of crumbs on the stairs. Staff stated she was the only one there at the time and had to wait for additional staff to assist her. Also, someone placed a huge amount of gum on the banister for the stairs and I almost put my hand in the gum, however a family member warned me. I informed staff of this as well. Also, that morning the fire alarm went off, which we was not informed of, and the noise was so loud for 20 minutes. We were told it was a test. This was the last straw. We checked out and went to another hotel which provided excellent service. I love to travel and look forward to my hotel stays. The staff was good and helpful, but the overall experience was poor. I also informed the staff that they need to share that this hotel needs to be refurbished. Also pool was closed.

Room Tip: Advise travelers to ask to check the room before you pay.
1 Thank Sharon C
Dear Sharon,
First, I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues which occurred during your stay with us. I have shared your concerns with the entire staff and would like to assure you that we are working diligently on the matters. I believe we were renovating our pool area during your stay and I am so sorry that you and your family were unable to use it. Since I did not get a chance to speak with you during your stay or at check-out time, I would like to personally discuss the issues which you incurred. Please feel free to contact the hotel at your convenience so that we can discuss the issues and I can try and make it right for you to the best of my abilities. Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I hope that you will give us another chance to better exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Horrible and rude service! I booked three rooms a month in advance for my son's graduation at Fort Benning. I had booked a King Studio Suite for myself and my In-Laws and a standard room with 2 queen beds for my parents and sister. Upon check-in we discovered we were given a standard room with two queen beds. When we questioned the front desk, we got different answers as to what happened. They could not switch us to the room I booked as they were all occupied? How is this when I booked a month in advance? The woman at the front desk as well as the manger, Jerrica Strucker treated the situation poorly and only offered to take a small percentage off of our bill. (which was only charging us the actual cost of the room we got) I am also convinced we would have paid the full Suite amount for our standard room had we not said anything. I will also say they offered to move us to another property, but that was not an option without trying to move ALL of us.

During our three day stay we also observed how poor this property was. We witnessed at least two other guests that did not get what they reserved. The housekeeping staff did their best to not have to clean and re-supply our room with towels. The pool was disgusting. There was a nasty film floating on the top of the water. A woman also had reserved a room solely to bring a very large family that did not stay there only to use the pool. After they were done, there were towels everywhere that were not taken care of until very late the next day!

Thankfully my parents and my In-Laws got the correct room I reserved for them. They enjoyed the breakfast in the morning as well.

I do not see myself in this area again, but this stay will detour me away from staying at this hotel chain anywhere I travel.

1 Thank Katrina B
Dear Katrina,
I am deeply sorry for the inconveniences and issues that you incurred during your stay. I would like to make this right for you. Could you please call me at your convenience at the hotel? It would be my pleasure to personally discuss the issues with you and come to a resolution. I have reviewed your concerns with our front desk and housekeeping team to ensure that the same incidence does not happen again.