“A great place to stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed January 1, 2011

My husbanad and I got away for a few days and chose Columbus, GA as our destination. The Holiday Inn Express was a wonderful choice. Very clean and well kept. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Took advantage of the jacuzzi and workout room. The outdoor pool was heated but never had enough nerve to take a dip at the end of December. Lots of things to do in the area and hotel was convenient to shopping and dining.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake

Reviewed November 13, 2010

This was the first time out of all my years of travel. I didn't want to go home when that time came. My husband and I were treated as royalty. This was the finest of Southern Hospitality. The service was great. We didn't have to ask the staff to clean the room and most of the time it was after 10 am before we would leave the hotel. This was the first hotel that cooked great meals at no charge to the guest. If you needed to know place to visit they could tell you. I have to give reconition to the staff. Their names are Brenda, Mac, Alisha, Mary, Linda and Rachel. They are hard workers to keep this hotel going. I know they take pride in what they do. The hotel is well kept. This place was spotless. Even the pool was cleaned and I didn't see any one swimming because of the cool weather. The parking lot was well lighted. Every staff member had a smile on their face and always asked how we were doing and said have a great day no matter what time of day we saw them. This is the number one hotel and it put the others to shame. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed here for two nights for my son's Basic Training Family Day and Graduation. It was easy access on/off the freeway - about 8 min. to Fort Benning. Very nice outdoor pool area where we hung out for the day, nice continental breakfast, near good restaurants to have dinner. Room was clean and comfortable. Great cookies at the front desk!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I had and opportunity to visit this hotel during the first week of October traveling on business,Heard good reviews!!!!!This hotel is amazing and I travel worlwide!!!! we were treated with great customer service at check in,on Tuesday we sat down to homestyle cooking at the Managers reception(baked Ziti and garlic bread ) Which was amazing!!!!,They even had a vegetarian ziti which I understand when they found out that one of thier guest were vegetarian they had no problem whipping it up,upon talking to a bunch of police who stay at this hotel weekly attending classes,They said there is no where else they would stay and they have stayed at other hotels in Columbus .came to Columbus to visit Ft Benning on buisness and as I was talking to one of the Commanding Officers I found out that he has stayed there also and highly reccomends this hotel to his soilders and family.THIS HOTEL WILL BE #1 ON MY ON BLACKBERRY!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Great hotel. Not far from FT Benning and easy access to the main highway. The staff was very courteous and down-home. Staff seemed to really care about my satisfaction with the hotel and their service. I tried to slip a tip to one staff member and she would not accept it--selfless service. I will definitely return to this hotel and will advise my coworkers in Florida to use this hotel when traveling to FT Benning also.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2010

The entrance experience was fantastic. As you enter the hotel, the first thing you see is a humongous tropical aquarium that you can see through to the breakfast area. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, including help with finding a good pizza place. And thirdly, they had fresh popcorn for guests. Hotel was new. Room and hotel was clean overall, although the couch was stained. The pool and sauna closed too early. Location was good in an area of numerous restaurants and near the freeway. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We received friendly, efficient service when we checked in and out. The room was tastefully decorated, spacious, and immaculately clean. The bed was very comfortable and the lighting in the bathroom was exceptionally good for a hotel bathroom. The location was convenient to attractions and restaurants. The selection of breakfast items was good and, seating was comfortable and plentiful. I would stay here again when in the Columbus, GA area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple