“If your going to Columbus Stay here!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Sacramento, Ca.
“If your going to Columbus Stay here!!!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have actually been to this hotel twice this year. We flew out from the west coast in March for my son's Basic Training Graduation and then again in April for his AIT graduation. GO CAV SCOUTS. Anyway, the only reason I did not give this hotel a excellent rating is due to the fact there beds do need to be replaced. Now for the outdstanding part about this hotel.
1. The location is 1 minute of 185 and or 22.
2. Your are not more than 10 minute drive from the restaurant alley. You can get starbucks, Krispy Kreme, Red Lobster, Smokey Bones and many other restaurants.
3. Everyone of the hotel staff that we encounterd were absolutely outstanding at customer service. Each one of them wanted to make sure your stay was as good as it possibly could be.
4. If you are attending graduation at Ft. Benning you are only about 15 minutes from the front gate.
5. The breakfast was more the adequate with fruits, cereals, eggs, bacon, coffee and other items.
We would recommend this hotel to any traveling through Columbus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We recently stayed at this HI Express At Northlake in Columbus. We will always stay at this hotel when in the greater Columbus area. The staff there is absolutely wonderful. They are more than accomodating and always friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful with a nice assortment of hot and cold breakfast foods, as well as, fresh fruits. I am a bit of a clean freak and our room, the common room, pool area, breakfast room, and exercise room were immaculate.
It is in a lovely area with plenty of dining and shopping. As I stated, I will only stay at this hotel when in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet. The hotel was quite full but I never heard a sound from another room or in the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Buford
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The rooms and common areas are very clean. The staff is very friendly and welcoming! The breakfast is good and the attendant is contentious and helpful.

They offer managers reception on some days and afternoon cookies and popcorn. They are very nice and I always stay here when I am in Columbus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is now OUR Hotel whenever we visit Columbus, GA. The staff is genuinely friendly. The grounds are immaculately keep, the rooms are beautiful and clean. The wonderful breakfast that is served with a smile and a good morning is a sure start to your day. Everyone works as a team, not one 'higher' in job title than another. You can see it. We will definitely be back to THIS HOTEL!! 100 stars!!!!

Room Tip: i dont think you would have an issue with any room in this hotel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIENL7336, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We take pride in the fact that all of our employees work as a team and any one of them will make sure that you are taken care of- we are so glad that you saw this during your stay here! We can't wait to see you again the next time that you are in Columbus!
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I am an experienced health services professional and world traveler. I have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the United States, Europe, and the Middle East. I have never been inspired to take the time to write a review for service...until now. The staff members that I have encoutered at the HIE Columbus at Northlake have gone above and beyond to make my stay here an exceptional one. I am a very early riser and was able to work out in the fitness area and enjoy a healthy breakfast with smile from some of the kindess, welcoming people I have ever encountered working at a hotel. I must give a special thank you to Ms. Kaneesha who takes care of guests in the breakfast area. Her warm hospitality and care made my stay all the better. I would also like to thank Ms. Linda who works at the service desk. She was the first person I met here and I knew after chatting with her that this location was a special place. Thank you Ms. Linda! My wife and I will return to the area next month and I look forward to her meeting these wonderful people. At this HIE, I felt more like a family member rather than a hotel guest. Thank you all for a wonderful stay! See you again soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff was super friendly and very accommodating and attentive. Room was clean and well kept. Housekeeping even got my special request for extra towels correct before we checked in. If you don't think that is a big deal, try it sometime. When we travel as a family, it's me and 3 females with long hair. Usually most hotels have only 2 sets of towels in the room regardless of how many people you tell them will be staying. I almost always request extra towels in the comments section on my reservation form when I book. Less than 10% of hotels even notice and get it right and that's from value chains like HIE all the way up to Waldorf Astoria properties. So you check in, check the towels, find two sets, and always have to call the front desk and ask for more. But this place got it right. Kudos to you and your staff for paying attention to the little details. And your desk clerk, Linda, I believe was her name, was fantastic and made us feel most welcome. The only thing I would ding this property on was the nightly rate. It's a little high for an HIE but the whole area seems a bit overpriced for where you are staying. Not just this hotel but all the ones in this area seemed higher than you would expect. I think it is due to a lack of decent hotels in Columbus. Other than that, I'd give this place an A+.

• Stayed April 2013
Raleigh, nc
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Followed the advice of the T.A. reviews and they were right. Nice clean, spacious room, comfortable beds (you pick your pillow softness, they are labeled on the cases), and breakfast. We were traveling to attend an event at Fort Benning and were given directions to the base, nice to have the phone numbers with directions!! Everyone was pleasant, discount given to family of military....really great experience. Ask for a room away from the dumpster and pool if you are a light sleeper as both can be noisy.

Stayed April 2013